NetDuma No Longer Working As Intended

KharmaOfChaos

Hey NetDuma,

My NetDuma hasn't been working properly since about 2 weeks ago. I have even done away with the modem and I am now using the NetDuma R1 as a stand alone but for some reason nothing seems to work as it did just over a couple of weeks ago. Ping is around the 30-40ms mark instead of the 4-15ms mark of where it used to be. The cloud always seems to pick up servers outside of it even when the new option of bleeding edge is disabled. Everything is running hardwired to the NetDuma so there is no reason for this to be happening. I am based in New Zealand and I understand that we will be on the bottom of the list for sure but playing with the NetDuma right now is exactly the same as playing without it. I only know this because I did away with the NetDuma R1 and played for a day without it and only used the previous modem. The hit detection is terrible on a supposed 4 bar and I somehow manage to connect to players in America every now and then even though my cloud is set to 3-4,000 km from New Zealand and the Strict box is ticked. The fact that it doesn't work anymore means what exactly? What can I do to get it back to what it was before? Was there an update? Is there any point in using it anymore? Concerned New Zealand consumer. 

Bleeding edge must be ticked and update applied.

I would either do a misc settings reboot or turn off the duma for 5 mins and try again

We are going to need more information than what you have provided to be able to tell if there is something wrong or not.  Here are some tips that will help.

1. What firmware version are you on? (Check at bottom of any page on the R1. If lower than 1.03.6 please follow upgrade instructions here first).
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests?
  3. What is your current setup? E.g. ISP hub/modem (Specify model) > R1 > all devices 
  4. What is your specific issue? (Provide as many details as possible. If it is a lag issue include the screenshots from here in your post)
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried).

• Administrators

You'll need to have auto & bleeding edge cloud enabled as said above. 

Also if there is only one host outside your radius it will be a dedicated server as sometimes Destiny uses them. It's not pure P2P like most people think.

Archived