Okay, so I live in the middle of hillbilly country and we are extremely limited on Internet, the fastest speeds I get are 8.5down/.5up. I am in a family of four and I we all use the Internet throughout the day. Since I moved here I lag anytime I play any game,especially when someone is watching Netflix/YouTube videos.If I buy this will I still be able to play even if one of my family members turns on netflix? My speed goes down to .4down/.1up and my game is unplayable when anyone watches videos. Thank You!

Okay, so I live in the middle of hillbilly country and we are extremely limited on Internet, the fastest speeds I get are 8.5down/.5up. I am in a family of four and I we all use the Internet throughout the day. Since I moved here I lag anytime I play any game,especially when someone is watching Netflix/YouTube videos.If I buy this will I still be able to play even if one of my family members turns on netflix? My speed goes down to .4down/.1up and my game is unplayable when anyone watches videos. Thank You!

Well... the short answer is yes, that is exactly what the netduma was made for.

The long answer really depends on the quality of your connection since bandwidth/speed don't really mean anything when it comes to online gaming.

The most recent video netduma put out explains this.

Sounds to me like the duma would definitely help your situation.

I have  a friend that I game with and he has 1 internet choice and his speeds are 3 dl /1ul and his gaming experience was terrible if anyone was using his network,netfiix,etc.But with the dumas congestion control and device prioritization  he's able to game with a busy network and have no issues with his low bandwidth situation.

Archived