Plex Media Server

Hi Lads

Trying to set up Plex to work outside my house, its asking me to port forward but when I do it the ports don't seem to open when I check it ?

Is there a way to port forward an external IP address rather than Internal ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on plex, Settings > server > Remote access manually specify port 32400 and tick the box click apply, now forward the port in netduma

ok maybe you have blocked the port on your pc, temp disable your pc firewall then try settings > server > Remote access, un-check manually specify port and click apply, this should now allow your server to be accessed.

• Administrators

You should have multicast snooping enabled in miscellaneous settings. You can also password protect the router interface & allow access from WAN if you need to make changes on the fly.

I had the exact same issue, and it was the Netduma not allowing the port if your Netduma version is 1.03.6g. I know, sucks. I want to downgrade soo bad, but still no proof that it's safe.

That whole section wasn't touched in the newest version so shouldn't be an issue. Disable UPnP, reboot from misc, port forward manually.

You should have multicast snooping enabled in miscellaneous settings. You can also password protect the router interface & allow access from WAN if you need to make changes on the fly.

That whole section wasn't touched in the newest version so shouldn't be an issue. Disable UPnP, reboot from misc, port forward manually.

nope still not working ha must be plex

nope still not working ha must be plex

Is the Netduma connected to a modem or another router? If it is connected to another router you need to make sure it is in that router's DMZ.

its connected to another router, which is the virgin media super hub 3 and I've no idea how to put it in the DMZ theres no feature

• Netduma Staff

its connected to another router, which is the virgin media super hub 3 and I've no idea how to put it in the DMZ theres no feature

Does this help? Enter the number shown after 'WAN IP' on the device manager on the Netduma.

Archived