I've had enough... lag comp

I feel your pain, it feels like you have to sweat your tits of every game and gunfight to do well, its frustrating. One thing you could try would be to throttle your speeds down loads, i have had some success with this but its not a fix by any means, i just find when i throttle i dont tend to get the insta-deaths as often.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel your pain, it feels like you have to sweat your tits of every game and gunfight to do well, its frustrating. One thing you could try would be to throttle your speeds down loads, i have had some success with this but its not a fix by any means, i just find when i throttle i dont tend to get the insta-deaths as often.

I tried everything. Throttling didnt help either

Have you tested your ISP with ping plotter?

Lines can go bad over night, i am not saying it has but you should check it out as its the first place to diagnose.

they certainly can, mine did! it went from 'not bad' (i won't say good) most of the time to terrible overnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXMDB4QY2ek

i know i originally dont wanted to make a vid. but i played bo3 and it cant be the truth. the clips are just from yesterday and today, so this happens to me every single game in bo3. i always play on a dedi server 150 km of me with 19ms

Were you playing hardcore in that vid?

edit - No, I see the +100 scores when you got kills.

Those rapid kills downstairs on Breach, I'd say that a few of your enemies died way too easily in too few bullets - they could have been injured or you might have just 'lag-comped' them.

I know you don't want to hear that but it's happening both ways by the looks of it but not all the time. It could be their connection, could be the server, could be the game, could be your connection - it only takes a split second connection wobble for you, them or the server and the outcome might change for a gunfight.

We all see a few of them in every game and nobody really knows why.

He will, I'm not sure he was here on yesterday - maybe he's particularly busy, maybe it's personal, it was the weekend though. I'm sure he'll be back this afternoon/evening.

He will, I'm not sure he was here on yesterday - maybe he's particularly busy, maybe it's personal, it was the weekend though. I'm sure he'll be back this afternoon/evening.

I can't see you in the 1on1 section, are you sure you've posted in there?

Sir, I can help you! Host Filtering/Geo-Filter (filter hosts by distance) is sometimes only a part of the whole solution.

Introduction:

. Having the feeling you can do so much better comparing to your stats?

. When you are in a gunfight you instantly die, like you're getting head shotted, all the time?

. When you shoot somebody first,  you get multiple hit markers, but it seems like your enemy just doesn't want to die?

. Sometimes you die before you are even around a corner before you even had the chance to spot someone?!

If you recognise any of this, please continue to read the rest of my story.

Feel free to leave a reply and or send me a pm and I will help you asap!

My story chapter 1.

I did a lot of research on this subject because it drove my friends and me crazy as well.

After a lot of reading, testing, more reading and even more testing, in the end, I could finally apply the solution.      

I first fixed the problem for myself and after that for all of my friends, I have a friend who always did great in the previous Call of Duty's, but on Black Ops 3 he suddenly looked like an n00b and it was literally driving him crazy.

After we first changed his network setup, we applied the fix and goodbye just barely positive games!

He went from a 'just' overall positive k/d - 1.01 to a 2.3 k/d and his k/d is still going up ever since.

My story chapter 2.

Before I applied the fix to my own network setup, my k/d would go up and down, up and down, from 1.8 to 5.5 and then back to a 1.4, so annoying! Even though I never had extremely bad scores, and my friends told me that a 2.2 k/d after a match wasn't that bad, I knew I could still do a lot better. After I found the solution and applied the fix, these were my results:

My results:

Spot on hit detection, Fair TTK (time to kill), Time/extra time to react in gun fights, and in the end a KD/Win Ratio I deserved.

The lowest k/d I got over 20 matches was still a staggering 5.5 k/d and my average k/d over 20 games, was a 7.5 k/d, GG! It isen't a cheat or a mod, even though before the fix it always felt my enemies were cheating and were using mods at the same time! 

How can it change your gaming experience:

If you know you can get an overall k/d of 2.0, but you're struggling to maintain positive, then you will now finally get what you deserve!

If you know you can get an overall k/d of 1.5, but at the moment your overall k/d is bloody negative, then you will now also get what you deserve!

Once again, you will fall in love with your favourite FPS game.

Your blood pressure will decrease, your family will once again see a happy man and your poor keyboards/controllers will survive a lot longer.

The truth:

This trick doesn't suddenly make you ten times better, but what does this trick do? It makes the games you play fair again! If you surprise a group of enemies, you now have the chance to take them all down, instead of getting stuck on the first guy you face.

Conclusion:

It is sad, though, we need to do so much to play a game, but that's the world of gaming we live in today. If you have bought the Netduma R1 you probably have come a long way, but please bear with us a little longer, because 'soon' you will also see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care,

fakkel

Sir, I can help you! Host Filtering/Geo-Filter (filter hosts by distance) is sometimes only a part of the whole solution.

Introduction:

. When you are in a gunfight you instantly die, like you're getting head shotted, all the time?

. When you shoot somebody first,  you get multiple hit markers, but it seems like your enemy just doesn't want to die?

. Sometimes you die before you are even around a corner before you even had the chance to spot someone?!

My story chapter 1.

I did a lot of research on this subject because it drove my friends and me crazy as well.

After a lot of reading, testing, more reading and even more testing, in the end, I could finally apply the solution.      

I first fixed the problem for myself and after that for all of my friends, I have a friend who always did great in the previous Call of Duty's, but on Black Ops 3 he suddenly looked like an n00b and it was literally driving him crazy.

After we first changed his network setup, we applied the fix and goodbye just barely positive games!

He went from a 'just' overall positive k/d - 1.01 to a 2.3 k/d and his k/d is still going up ever since.

My story chapter 2.

Before I applied the fix to my own network setup, my k/d would go up and down, up and down, from 1.8 to 5.5 and then back to a 1.4, so annoying! Even though I never had extremely bad scores, and my friends told me that a 2.2 k/d after a match wasn't that bad, I knew I could still do a lot better. After I found the solution and applied the fix, these were my results:

My results:

Spot on hit detection, Fair TTK (time to kill), Time/extra time to react in gun fights, and in the end a KD/Win Ratio I deserved.

The lowest k/d I got over 20 matches was still a staggering 5.5 k/d and my average k/d over 20 games, was a 7.5 k/d, GG! It isen't a cheat or a mod, even though before the fix it always felt my enemies were cheating and were using mods at the same time! 

If you know you can get an overall k/d of 2.0, but you're struggling to maintain positive, then you will now finally get what you deserve!

If you know you can get an overall k/d of 1.5, but at the moment your overall k/d is bloody negative, then you will now also get what you deserve!

Your blood pressure will decrease, your family will once again see a happy man and your poor keyboards/controllers will survive a lot longer.

The truth:

This trick doesn't suddenly make you ten times better, but what does this trick do? It makes the games you play fair again! If you surprise a group of enemies, you now have the chance to take them all down, instead of getting stuck on the first guy you face.

Conclusion:

It is sad, though, we need to do so much to play a game, but that's the world of gaming we live in today. If you have bought the Netduma R1 you probably have come a long way, but please bear with us a little longer, because 'soon' you will also see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care,

fakkel

What is your solution or did i miss that bit in your post lol 

Introduction:

My story chapter 1.

My story chapter 2.

My results:

The truth:

Conclusion:

Take care,

fakkel

I'll be honest.  I don't buy that there is a legit fix for you to make that big of an increase.  2+ k/d's are great.  But to jump from 2 to 7.  I don't know, i have a hard time buying anything legit in this.  Could be wrong though.  Would love to hear - what is the fix to this story?

That sounds very much like the mad gypsy woman that tried to sell me clothes pegs and 'lucky heather' at the front door.

Perhaps she's cursed my KD.

Where's the solution then?

I read the story but there's no money shot...

Ok here we go!

I will not bore you with stories about Client-side prediction, Synchronization issues, Server reconciliation, Server time step, Dealing with low-frequency updates, Dead Reckoning, Entity interpolation, Input prediction. However, I will talk about the last one called ‘Lag Compensation.'

Lag compensation has been in every call of duty game, it seems as tho with every title it gets more and more noticeable, I think it stands out mostly in BO3 I know millions of ppl will agree with the factors I am going to mention when it comes to lag comp. The obvious ones are the hit detection and ppl seeing you before you see them. Then there're some bullets it takes to kill them. Also, the range is tremendously affected, when it is going against you, it feels like a 20-foot shot is like shooting across the map and vice versa, Your bullets just aren't getting there it is like the opponent is so distant. Moreover, do you notice the way your aim moves off the targets, and then like three days later everything changes? You'll spin or do a trick shot, and you are not even using a wired connection, or you are just not on point that day, yet you land right on the target and drop the target instantly. You feel invincible; it is stupid you can feel your sway onto the target after sliding, and you do not even need to do much. That is when it is compensating for you, your eating bullets and dropping ppl for life.

Recently, lag compensation has become a huge point of contention for Call of Duty players.  Essentially, lag compensation, or lag comp for short, is the collection of coding and software that averages out everybody’s connections in lobby.  It is what makes gunfights fair, it is what keeps your character in sync with how you control it, and it is mainly the reason these games are even playable. 

Lag compensation is also where they measure your average ping, and 'subtracting' this time from your actions, thus trying to 'even out' the time difference so that people's connection does not provide an advantage.. the problem is, in this case, it just doesn't always works very well.

Black Ops 3 seems to measure the bandwidth of your Internet connection to determine whether or not to impose the ever-dreaded lag compensation. It also does this to determine whether or not you should be the host. Your actual latency is only used to tell who you should be lobbied with, which is very unusual.

Unless you interrupt the upload speed check itself, lag compensation will still be in effect regardless.

By throttling your Internet connection’s upload speed correctly, you can practically eliminate lag compensation while have a very smooth connection to the host and not requiring any user intervention while playing.

How to throttle?

Many routers come with a Quality of Service (QoS) and/or bandwidth limiter feature that will automatically throttle connections based on individual factors ( the port used, local IP address of the client, MAC hardware address, etc.). The problem is, they are designed to filter all connections, not just one in particular. However, if you configure it correctly, you can exempt every port other than the one Black Op 3 uses from the throttle so that everything else will run smoothly while the game itself acts as if it were on a connection much lower than yours.

A good uplink seems to be 512kbps, or 64 kB/s. This will keep you connected to the lobby server and have a smooth connection as a joiner. The lobby system should also never put you as host in public games so that you will not have lag compensation automatically imposed. Make sure to configure your services around the single port 3074, as this is the only port all CoDs use to connect to hosts. Set every other port on an exemption to keep the throttle from affecting other services.

The process of configuring QoS will vary from router to router, but the same concepts apply.

Goodluck,

fakkel

post-8681-0-43524900-1465585532_thumb.jpg

"you can exempt every port other than the one Black Op 3 uses from the throttle so that everything else will run smoothly while the game itself acts as if it were on a connection much lower than yours."

I've seen others mention this type of thing.  Have said this before and will say it again, then hush on the topic. First of all, and this is just my opinion - throttling is placebo and just in the person's head.  

But even if it actually does work, it is a very dishonest thing to do and would be cheating as it goes against terms of service for manipulating connections.  If you can run high numbers by manipulating it, good for the guys that do.. but i wouldn't be proud of it.

Ok here we go!

I will not bore you with stories about Client-side prediction, Synchronization issues, Server reconciliation, Server time step, Dealing with low-frequency updates, Dead Reckoning, Entity interpolation, Input prediction. However, I will talk about the last one called ‘Lag Compensation.'

Lag compensation has been in every call of duty game, it seems as tho with every title it gets more and more noticeable, I think it stands out mostly in BO3 I know millions of ppl will agree with the factors I am going to mention when it comes to lag comp. The obvious ones are the hit detection and ppl seeing you before you see them. Then there're some bullets it takes to kill them. Also, the range is tremendously affected, when it is going against you, it feels like a 20-foot shot is like shooting across the map and vice versa, Your bullets just aren't getting there it is like the opponent is so distant. Moreover, do you notice the way your aim moves off the targets, and then like three days later everything changes? You'll spin or do a trick shot, and you are not even using a wired connection, or you are just not on point that day, yet you land right on the target and drop the target instantly. You feel invincible; it is stupid you can feel your sway onto the target after sliding, and you do not even need to do much. That is when it is compensating for you, your eating bullets and dropping ppl for life.

Recently, lag compensation has become a huge point of contention for Call of Duty players.  Essentially, lag compensation, or lag comp for short, is the collection of coding and software that averages out everybody’s connections in lobby.  It is what makes gunfights fair, it is what keeps your character in sync with how you control it, and it is mainly the reason these games are even playable. 

Lag compensation is also where they measure your average ping, and 'subtracting' this time from your actions, thus trying to 'even out' the time difference so that people's connection does not provide an advantage.. the problem is, in this case, it just doesn't always works very well.

Black Ops 3 seems to measure the bandwidth of your Internet connection to determine whether or not to impose the ever-dreaded lag compensation. It also does this to determine whether or not you should be the host. Your actual latency is only used to tell who you should be lobbied with, which is very unusual.

Unless you interrupt the upload speed check itself, lag compensation will still be in effect regardless.

By throttling your Internet connection’s upload speed correctly, you can practically eliminate lag compensation while have a very smooth connection to the host and not requiring any user intervention while playing.

How to throttle?

Many routers come with a Quality of Service (QoS) and/or bandwidth limiter feature that will automatically throttle connections based on individual factors ( the port used, local IP address of the client, MAC hardware address, etc.). The problem is, they are designed to filter all connections, not just one in particular. However, if you configure it correctly, you can exempt every port other than the one Black Op 3 uses from the throttle so that everything else will run smoothly while the game itself acts as if it were on a connection much lower than yours.

A good uplink seems to be 512kbps, or 64 kB/s. This will keep you connected to the lobby server and have a smooth connection as a joiner. The lobby system should also never put you as host in public games so that you will not have lag compensation automatically imposed. Make sure to configure your services around the single port 3074, as this is the only port all CoDs use to connect to hosts. Set every other port on an exemption to keep the throttle from affecting other services.

The process of configuring QoS will vary from router to router, but the same concepts apply.

Goodluck,

fakkel

Althought this throttling may work playing solo it doesnt seem to work in partys by my experience. What exactly do u do on your netduma just out of interest

Urge, in my opinion, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Plus using a bandwidth limiter is not considered cheating its the same as using congestion control and you do it before you start up a game so you don't modify anything after starting up the game, and so long they use this aggressive lag compensation it can help out a lot of people. 

If you do not use the bandwidth limiter when you have to, you can literally have the feeling you shoot through people, because you're bleeding for your good connection

It does work playing with multiple people, but you have the best results when you are the party leader, plus now that we have the Netduma R1 we have the double combo!

Geo-Filter and Bandwith limiter!

PS I don't use the Bandwith limiter/Congestion control anymore, but I have friends with the Netduma R1 that still do, and it helps them a lot!

Archived