I've had enough... lag comp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the vid and don't see anything going on besides a normal game of CoD.  Did see a few where you shot first and then died but didn't see where you lagged at all.  Looks like you shoot low.  Alot of knee to mid-body shots.  If you're popping someone in the gut 2-3 rounds and they pop you in the head with highcaliber they win that fight.  Not saying your a bad player at all - you did just fine :)  But you would win more of those fights if you hit them in the noggin.  Maybe someone else will have a diff opinion on this but i just didn't see anything to complain about.

Just watched the vid and don't see anything going on besides a normal game of CoD.  Did see a few where you shot first and then died but didn't see where you lagged at all.  Looks like you shoot low.  Alot of knee to mid-body shots.  If you're popping someone in the gut 2-3 rounds and they pop you once in the head with highcaliber they win that fight.  Not saying your a bad player at all - you did just fine :)  But you would win more of those fights if you hit them in the noggin.  Maybe someone else will have a diff opinion on this but i just didn't see anything to complain about.

i dont want to hate on you. i have so many posts about lag como, cause i have same problems with it like monzo. but your post is why i never wanted to record ingame examples of what i mean. when you play with the disadvantage of lag comp you feel it instantly and you will feel it instantly when the game is fair in terms of connection. i remember my first game with the duma (insane con), when i would show you this gameplay compared with footage of lag comp examples of me, i doubt you would see a difference in connection in the video.

Nice, you got some decent kills in there, especially the few mid-air kills with the Tempest late on in the game.

So, your connection...

You're not lagging, no visible lag at all, none of the enemies were teleporting or stuttering as far as I could tell - so it looks like a solid connection.

There were a couple of deaths where I expect you're thinking you should have got the kill (and I would have felt the same), I watched them several times to see...

3:45 - You were on him at first but when he jumped, he hit you and knocked your aim off a bit - annoying as hell but it happens, the kill could have gone either way.

5:00 - Again his shots on you kept you slightly off target, you got a few on him (and you scored hit markers) but they were minimum damage shots on his legs and feet and it was too late because he'd done you enough damage by then so it was always going to be his kill and your death.

5:50 - Of all of them, this was the one I watched the most and at first I would say that you should definitely have got that kill. Your aim looked nailed on but you took a bit of damage from the first person (that you killed), if the next guy hit you with one bullet in the head and then one in the chest then that's all it takes. Headshot damage but then finished without it looking like a headshot - this happens all the time and I've only just realised myself.

Several of your deaths in that were by a player running the Shieva, two bullets anywhere and you're toast - you'll think you died too fast but that's just what the Sheiva does and why I like to use those semi-auto assault rifles (G3, FAL, MK14, Sheiva).

You've got to remember that a headshot doesn't show as a headshot unless it's the final 'kill shot', I've noticed a lot of my deaths lately are where the enemy's first shot is on my head and then one or two more to the body and I'm dead, even with a weak gun.

That's actually how it should be really but I can't argue at all that it feels like you've been killed in too few bullets and got screwed over.

*Bear in mind that the killcam is not legit as to where you were actually hit on your body though so you never really know where they've hit you.

So I agree with Urge, it looks like your connection is rock solid and there wasn't anything in there that I would consider unusual at all.
At the time I would probably be pissed off because they often look like it was your kill but I don't think you've been screwed over by lag or lag comp in that game at all. No more than the rest of do every game anyway.

when you play with the disadvantage of lag comp you feel it instantly and you will feel it instantly when the game is fair in terms of connection.

So how do you know that when the game/connection is 'fair' for you, it doesn't feel unfair to the person on the other end?

They're probably saying exactly the same thing as you.

How often do you take note and complain when the enemy that you're shooting at dies in fewer bullets than normal?

"Some games you're the windscreen, some games you're the fly" - The Reverend Bagsta.

(the best quote of a generation)

So how do you know that when the game/connection is 'fair' for you, it doesn't feel unfair to the person on the other end?

They're probably saying exactly the same thing as you.

How often do you take note and complain when the enemy that you're shooting at dies in fewer bullets than normal?

"Some games you're the windscreen, some games you're the fly" - The Reverend Bagsta.

(the best quote of a generation)

then swap it with: will feel it instantly when you are not in disadvantage of lag comp.

my enemies always die with the same amount of bullets, there is just a difference how many bullets connecting on enemies.

when i would show you a video with 2 clips: i run around a corner and there is a guy pre-aiming and kills me with 3 bullets and everything seemed "fair" to me and in the second clip i rund around a corner and someone kills me with 3 bullets but this time i think there was something wrong in this scene. and when i would show you this and say that was bulltshit death due to lag comp, you would say theres no difference to the first clip, you died with 3 bullets like in the first one. this i why think you cant see lag comp in a video and comment the scenes unless its suuper obvious. therefore i meant that you just feel the lag comp disadvantage or when its not handicap you.

then swap it with: will feel it instantly when you are not in disadvantage of lag comp.

my enemies always die with the same amount of bullets, there is just a difference how many bullets connecting on enemies.

when i would show you a video with 2 clips: i run around a corner and there is a guy pre-aiming and kills me with 3 bullets and everything seemed "fair" to me and in the second clip i rund around a corner and someone kills me with 3 bullets but this time i think there was something wrong in this scene. and when i would show you this and say that was bulltshit death due to lag comp, you would say theres no difference to the first clip, you died with 3 bullets like in the first one. this i why think you cant see lag comp in a video and comment the scenes unless its suuper obvious. therefore i meant that you just feel the lag comp disadvantage or when its not handicap you.

The thing is - we all experience exactly what you mention - sometimes the death just didn't feel right.  You are not alone in this.  And it is not lag comp's fault at all.  Lag comp is actually a good thing.  I can play on the UK servers just as well as i can a server 100 miles from my home.  And my UK mates can play just as well on my server in the US due to lag comp.   Where the problem lies is the internet and jitter quality of everyone in the room.  We can optimize our home connection with the duma but can do nothing about the poor sod that just has a terrible line on their end.

If we have done the best we can with our line whether it be with the router congestion features or even as far as getting a new ISP, then that is all we can do.  We can't do a darned thing about some guy who has that crap connection that gives us that wtf death.  And we all experience it.  The trick is not getting obsessed with that aspect; change up your game play if needed and play on.  

The thing is - we all experience exactly what you mention - sometimes the death just didn't feel right. You are not alone in this. And it is not lag comp's fault at all. Lag comp is actually a good thing. I can play on the UK servers just as well as i can a server 100 miles from my home. And my UK mates can play just as well on my server in the US due to lag comp. Where the problem lies is the internet and jitter quality of everyone in the room. We can optimize our home connection with the duma but can do nothing about the poor sod that just has a terrible line on their end.

If we have done the best we can with our line whether it be with the router congestion features or even as far as getting a new ISP, then that is all we can do. We can't do a darned thing about some guy who has that crap connection that gives us that wtf death. And we all experience it. The trick is not getting obsessed with that aspect; change up your game play if needed and play on.

Yes lag compesation is a good idea, but i think it has big flaws in its realization

Ok, i see where everyone is coming from. Is there anything I IN PARTICULAR can do to try and get better or reduce this problem? Because yes i agree with you guys, this may be whats happening, but i still feel there is a way that something can be fixed. Any Ideas?

i also want an answer from Fraser, because he's an admin and a moderator, so i would like to know his opinion too. Something doesnt make sense here that this is completely my fault. I faced a group of veteran bots to practice and went on a NUCLEAR using the same playstyle as in the video. So this is not on me and thats why i cant fully agree on what everyone is saying, I DEFINITELY think that theres some sort of compensation problem, or something with the connection with me and the enemy is not syncing properly to where i would be winning those gunfights. I'm sorry but i'm still in denial to those answers. But again, I'm willing to take advice and listen

i also want an answer from Fraser, because he's an admin and a moderator, so i would like to know his opinion too. Something doesnt make sense here that this is completely my fault. I faced a group of veteran bots to practice and went on a NUCLEAR using the same playstyle as in the video. So this is not on me and thats why i cant fully agree on what everyone is saying, I DEFINITELY think that theres some sort of compensation problem, or something with the connection with me and the enemy is not syncing properly to where i would be winning those gunfights. I'm sorry but i'm still in denial to those answers. But again, I'm willing to take advice and listen

Hopefully Fraser can give you the answer you want :)  But as i said to Victor.  We all see what you saw.  It happens to us all at times and is just the game.  It's not gonna be 100 percent perfect due to other people with their crap connection.  You could very well be set up perfectly but there isn't squat you can do about another player and their bad connection bogging the lobby down.   If it is something on your end, Fraser is the man and can help.  Good luck but i think your looking for something that isn't there.

But as i said to Victor. We all see what you saw. It happens to us all at times and is just the game. It's not gonna be 100 percent perfect due to other people with their crap connection. You could very well be set up perfectly but there isn't squat you can do about another player and their bad connection bogging the lobby down. If it is something on your end, Fraser is the man and can help. Good luck but i think your looking for something that isn't there.

Bit the thing is, it was nearly perfect when i received my duma half year ago. For the first 3 months or so i hadn't any problems and there wasn't one game where i thought that the connection was bad. When i died i deserved it. But now its like playing without the duma and i dont know what it caused, whether it was a firmware update or a patch in the game or if its my main router or ...

Have you tested your ISP with ping plotter?

Lines can go bad over night, i am not saying it has but you should check it out as its the first place to diagnose.

Bit the thing is, it was nearly perfect when i received my duma half year ago. For the first 3 months or so i hadn't any problems and there wasn't one game where i thought that the connection was bad. When i died i deserved it. But now its like playing without the duma and i dont know what it caused, whether it was a firmware update or a patch in the game or if its my main router or ...

Lines can go bad over night, i am not saying it has but you should check it out as its the first place to diagnose.

Yes i have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXMDB4QY2ek

i know i originally dont wanted to make a vid. but i played bo3 and it cant be the truth. the clips are just from yesterday and today, so this happens to me every single game in bo3. i always play on a dedi server 150 km of me with 19ms

If you feel you have line quality issues feel free to run a ping plotter test and show the results.  They can advise you if you think your line has issues. 

If you feel you have line quality issues feel free to run a ping plotter test and show the results.  They can advise you if you think your line has issues. 

thats the problem i have no line issues. i dont know what it causes

Maybe the guys could see something if you did post your results; maybe something that you are missing.  Honestly, i could post video's like that up too.  We all really do see that stuff.  Happened quite a few times today and it was simply that the other time had piss poor internet.  That is really all it takes and if your line is actually good and you're duma is optimized that is all you can do. 

Maybe the guys could see something if you did post your results; maybe something that you are missing.  Honestly, i could post video's like that up too.  We all really do see that stuff.  Happened quite a few times today and it was simply that the other time had piss poor internet.  That is really all it takes and if your line is actually good and you're duma is optimized that is all you can do. 

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/15794-pingplotter-result-help/page-2i already postet a thread about this. didnt really came futher with that

Archived