Netduma Vs. D-Link AC3200

RedRen

I bought a D-Ling AC3200 back in November and for the price I've been disappointed.  At the time I didn't now about the Netduma.  My question is how do these two routers compare?  I'm a Black Ops III player and Netflix junky.  The idea of paying out another $200 for a router only to be disappointed worries me.  Will I see the difference in my gaming I had hoped for with the D-Link?  Is the hardware up to snuff?

Unless someone in here has both then I'm not sure you'll get much more comparative info than you can already find for yourself...

The wifi on the Netduma is only 2.4ghz but I use a second router in AP mode it so that was never going to bother me, aside from that I can't fault the Netduma hardware.

The Netduma software is great, traffic management / prioritisation features (particularly the hyperlane for total priority for your gaming device), nobody at my house has managed to cause any lag or bandwidth problems for me since I got the Netduma.

Obviously there are the host filtering options too which are brilliant, I've not been dumped in any unexpected lobbies using netduma.

But do you know if the line you play on is good, or do you just think it is?

The netduma can fix local congestion in your home, keep your lobbies local or not if you choose.

It can't fix a bad line though.

It's kind of a difficult question for one person to answer so I hope some of my netduma comrades will respond as well.  I like having all the different aspects of the router.   I like the congestion control and device prioritisation where I can adjust how the devices affect my network.  I like having the geofilter which allows me to connect to different gaming servers. I like the fact that the developers gives us free updates and are always listening to the community suggestions of what can make the router better.  Also you get to hang out with a cool gaming community.

I'll be honest with you not everyone feels this way.

My suggestion is before you buy hang out in the forum and search the different posts. Ask questions that you might have concerning the router and your individual network setup and if it will benefit you.  It is an expensive router so I understand that you want to have all information you can prior to purchasing.  Welcome to the forum.

Could I use the D-Link for wireless connections and the Netduma to manage the network and bandwidth?

I would say that is the only way I would do it.  That way you get the best of both worlds, the great wifi and all the other capabilities of the Netduma router. 

Could I use the D-Link for wireless connections and the Netduma to manage the network and bandwidth?

Yes... Set the d-link as an access point...

Just don't buy the netduma thinking it's going to make you into a COD god. The game itself is broken, and no router is going to fix that. What this router does is eliminate local network congestion, which is when other devices in your house use up all your internet leaving none for your gaming packets to get out.

Absolutely, that's how mine is set up too - although that router of yours looks to be far more sophisticated and no doubt much more powerful than mine. And you'll have a load more ethernet ports should you need them.

I use a Powerfull Netgear X4s with the Netduma ,I have my Netgear attached to the Netduma in AP mode which then gives me 2.4 and 5ghz wifi ,My PS4 is hard wired to the Netduma which in turn then let's me have direct control over my gaming,I would highly recommend the Netduma if you want to have good games online and also you will still be able to use the dlink wifi, I would run a speed test to check as a starting point to see if your line is not to bad,as others have said using this device will help you control your household congestion and give you more options when connecting to online servers, I for instance play UFC2 but only connect to people within 350miles which eliminates lag and has made me enjoy that game more, so yes you will have a better experience whilst also keeping you dlink wifi, Do you connect the dlink to a modem. Also plenty of people on here will help if you if you have any probs

One of my main issues is my wife works from home sometimes at night and my kid streams music, movies, etc...   I've done the best I can with the QoS D-Link has provided but it doesn't seem to have the features I'm looking for.

I would say my ISP is a solid 8 out of 10.  It's not perfect but it's the best in the area I live.

One of my main issues is my wife works from home sometimes at night and my kid streams music, movies, etc...   I've done the best I can with the QoS D-Link has provided but it doesn't seem to have the features I'm looking for.

I would say my ISP is a solid 8 out of 10.  It's not perfect but it's the best in the area I live.

• Administrators

Our "Qos" which we call anti-flood will deal with that no problem. No one will be able to impact each other so everyone can use the internet how they want to :)

Archived