BT HH5 coming in tomorrow.

lukasz

Hello Duma Army.

This is mostly directed to BT users out here. Finally after all the crap form Virgin Media I have moved to BT. I am fortunate to live about 120 m from Huawei BT fiber cabinet. 

I am getting my fiber from BT tomorrow. My question is how do you guys run it in terms of setup etc.? or anything at all I should ask the guy who will come in tomorrow to install it. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the reason for that?

Cause the Green Cabinet in my area is an Huawei which supposedly having the same brand would in results help hinder faster sync speeds but i won't know until i have it to test it.If you are going for a HH5 make sure you own the Type B model and not the Type A Has that doesn't support G.INP

If the HH5 works and you do not have any drop outs then do not worry , your HH will be a version B and that does g.inp

If you do have any issues and you want a Hauwei hg612 then holla at me and I will find you a good price on Ebay.

If the HH5 works and you do not have any drop outs then do not worry , your HH will be a version B and that does g.inp

If you do have any issues and you want a Hauwei hg612 then holla at me and I will find you a good price on Ebay.

The prices some people charge on eBay are stupid in comparison to the eci modems I know why they are cheaper but people are having a laugh at some of the prices,I fortunately got one off a friend free of charge,he also gave me an eci one that's sat in my cupboard doing nothing

Cool what about open reach modems do they support the g.imp?

Yes they support G.INP as Zennon said you will get a HH5 Type B when youu get it double check though Type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar and look right at the bottom of the page and see if it says Type B below is a screenshot i took of mine which is Type A and doesn't support G.INP

EUO4fEG.png

The prices some people charge on eBay are stupid in comparison to the eci modems I know why they are cheaper but people are having a laugh at some of the prices,I fortunately got one off a friend free of charge,he also gave me an eci one that's sat in my cupboard doing nothing

They think that they are worth more flashed, well all that does is give you the opportunity to check the line stats, no biggy.

Cool what about open reach modems do they support the g.imp?

Hauwei supports it fully yes as do their cabinets.

Eci is a touchy subject , they can only support it on the download but trials have gone bad so they have reverted to using interleaving for the time being.

Thanks guys. Yebs that is a good aproach start from the scratch and see if I need any further action.

Now in terms of seting up do you put itin the modem mode or you live it just as it is?

Cool zen I have seen that one I gues I should disable the wifi on the home hub 5.

Unfortunately they have sent the HH5 today and it is the type a

I just go from open reach modem straight into R1,

This is the way forward!

Everyone will rise up and cast out their isp provided 'paperweight' of a router.

I would but Virgin forces you to use the hub. wankers.

Cool zen I have seen that one I gues I should disable the wifi on the home hub 5.

I knew they would it's very rare to get that Type B

What the, they know there is issues with G.inp and send out a router that causes it, this is mind boggling, this is why I don't touch BT and never will, halfwits.

Archived