Total noob, yep its coming and ill need help.

Howdy Gang

So the duma is almost here and i know nothing about it.

Random AW rage decision to give anything a try.

So how do i set this thing up?

Currently using a Asus dsl68r for everything but also have a spare Billion 7800nxl aswell that i can use.

Internet not very good here 8mb/1mb adsl (on a good day but i do not loose packets that often) and a normal phone outlet on the wall.

Fibre 100/40 is coming but not soon enough :angry:

Any help appreciated.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Firstly thanks for purchasing, secondly I LOVE the fact you call it the duma, I'm going to start calling it the duma as well :)

I don't know about the specific models, but basically you'll have a router or modem that actually connects to the wall. You need to keep using that, I'll refer to that as the modem. Based on that your setup will be:

Wall <-> Modem <-> R1

After you've got it set-up come here and we can advise you further on optimising the connection. In most scenarios its optimum out the box.

Many thanks for the replies

Both the devices i have are modem/routers so im thinking ill bridge the 7800nxl and use the Duma as a the router, simple enough i guess.

abc123 im guessing dhcp off on the Asus too help with nat or auto ip issues?

I know nothing about the duma, does it have wifi aswell?

Many thanks for the replies

Both the devices i have are modem/routers so im thinking ill bridge the 7800nxl and use the Duma as a the router, simple enough i guess.

abc123 im guessing dhcp off on the Asus too help with nat or auto ip issues?

I know nothing about the duma, does it have wifi aswell?

Yes, the netduma has wifi built-in...but only wireless N

So if you actually have wireless AC devices (newer smart phones, MacBook Pro) then you might want to use the Asus as your wireless so you get wireless AC.

But since the netduma would be the main router you don't want another router handing out IP addresses on the same network.

You might end up with multiple devices with the same IPs if you did that, just turning DHCP off which stop that.  The netduma will still hand out the IP address.

Yes, the netduma has wifi built-in...but only wireless N

So if you actually have wireless AC devices (newer smart phones, MacBook Pro) then you might want to use the Asus as your wireless so you get wireless AC.

But since the netduma would be the main router you don't want another router handing out IP addresses on the same network.

You might end up with multiple devices with the same IPs if you did that, just turning DHCP off which stop that.  The netduma will still hand out the IP address.

Yep understand it all in theory excecution another matter.

So i should have the 7800nxl>Duma>asus

dhcp off on the 7800nxl and asus

Wireless off on the duma and 7800nxl.

dam what a mess.

But the duma works thats the main thing.

How to solve the game kicking me once started, i lost that post?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi I'll be in chat room in 2 hours from now. I'll try be in all day, we will be updating people to new firmware that should resolve that issue for you.

Hi I'll be in chat room in 2 hours from now. I'll try be in all day, we will be updating people to new firmware that should resolve that issue for you.

Thanks Iain but im off to work, its night time here in Oz and i would have to rely on forum/web news for the time being.

Hope everyone's Xmas period is safe and merry.

Last shift then a few days off so ill be on tomorrow night.

I'm in Victoria, 25 minutes from Melbourne CBD myself. :)

Newcastle myself, or close enough to it.

I'm guessing it was the 100/40 fibre comment that prompted the Aussie location?

Newcastle myself, or close enough to it.

I'm guessing it was the 100/40 fibre comment that prompted the Aussie location?

Yeah indeed. :)

I plan on moving in the coming months to an area where the NBN (FttH) is available.

Yeah indeed. :)

I plan on moving in the coming months to an area where the NBN (FttH) is available.

Sweet

It wont fix COD lag thou, its built into the game unfortunately.

Still having strict nat issues with more then 1 console online at a time.

So you don't have the R1 yet, or you do?

Yeah i have it, got it yesterday

Might factory reset the 7800nxl and start again.

In bridge mode it doesn't want to connect to the internet thru iinet, pretty sure its their system with fetch tv profile doing it. Ive had this issue before i think.

Archived