Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

I still have a moderate NAT type after following these instructions. I have the Netduma in DMZ mode on my primary router (a TP-LINK, the one the Netduma is connected to) and I have put the ps4 into the DHCP lease on the Netduma. Please help. On the Miscellaneous settings, it still says that 'upnp forwarding' is enabled, is that bad?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I only use modem and R1 in my set up. Somebody with more tech knowledge than me will probably have to help you with that. Any reason you are using the TP link as well?

I used to have a TP link but simply removed it from my set up and just use the R1.

As far as I know if your R1 is in the DMZ you should have open nat anyway and not need to port forward. I think it's either / or and if you do either you do not need upnp enabled.

• Administrators

I still have a moderate NAT type after following these instructions. I have the Netduma in DMZ mode on my primary router (a TP-LINK, the one the Netduma is connected to) and I have put the ps4 into the DHCP lease on the Netduma. Please help. On the Miscellaneous settings, it still says that 'upnp forwarding' is enabled, is that bad?

Disable any port forwarding/UPnP on the TP link itself. Also disable UPnP forwarding in misc settings. 

Does the console network settings then read as open?

Should I be getting a moderate nat if I unplug my ps4 and use it wirelessly? On cable it's always open.

If I move my ps4 upstairs (downstairs it's connected via cable to my R1) it always gives me a moderate nat on BO3, I shouldn't need to configure anything else should I?

Disable any port forwarding/UPnP on the TP link itself. Also disable UPnP forwarding in misc settings. 

Does the console network settings then read as open?

The console reads as Type 2, but COD reads as moderate. The UPnP settings say that I have port 3074 open (the port COD tells me to open). 

• Administrators

Should I be getting a moderate nat if I unplug my ps4 and use it wirelessly? On cable it's always open.

If I move my ps4 upstairs (downstairs it's connected via cable to my R1) it always gives me a moderate nat on BO3, I shouldn't need to configure anything else should I?

In theory no, unless its automatically connected to another wifi thats not the R1?

The console reads as Type 2, but COD reads as moderate. The UPnP settings say that I have port 3074 open (the port COD tells me to open). 

Disable UPnP and port forward manually as shown in this thread. 

Once I do more game testing this week I'll be able to know :)

I don't think it's a good idea.

Port forwarding seems not compatible with the hyper-lane.

I've been on UPNP since the last update.

WOW! Excellent job!! I have had an Open Nat forever and a half now, but I logged on today and ran into the same problems you were having! after resetting everything multiple times and coming up empty I found this and man was it a godsend. Thank you again! So easy to follow!

So are you using custom port forwarding or just UPnP on the duma?

Ping assist only gets hosts outside your radius that are under the ping limit. You can still get games within your radius that are over that limit. 

Make sure all devices are connected to the duma. 70/70 anti-flood, console in hyper traffic. ~1000km radius, strict on, PA 0 and see how you go.

I've been testing port forwarding for a long time but it block the interface of the Netduma when your console and the hyper-lane are active.

For now, i'm on upnp but i think i'm gonna test one more time since i've found the way to get a Bufferbloat A+ all the time.

I've been testing port forwarding for a long time but it block the interface of the Netduma when your console and the hyper-lane are active.

For now, i'm on upnp but i think i'm gonna test one more time since i've found the way to get a Bufferbloat A+ all the time.

Mine doesn't, have you tried deleting your console from the r1 and re adding it?

Mine doesn't, have you tried deleting your console from the r1 and re adding it?

After all my factory reset, the issue is still the same: i can't access the interface while i'm playing on the PS4 with port forwarding and hyper-lane active.

The interface has been a bit slow since I did this. Not sure if it is related or not though.

I'm not the only one now.

Is this happening when you play or all the time ?

I've found the issue: we need to add all ports in port forwarding before activate the hyper-lane.

Now i can access to the host filtering while i'm playing.

The interface has been a bit slow since I did this. Not sure if it is related or not though.

1) Delete all rules in port forwarding

2) Delete the hyper-lane rule

3 Add the ports and click apply

4) Set up the hyper-lane for your console

Great work Chive! Which ports are you referring to?

All same as Bagsta.

And the hyper-lane woks better with the port 3074 (UDP/both) only.

I just need to find a way for my router isp to work as i planned: the bridge mode is just a f***** vlan and not a real bridge mode.

I need to active all ports on port triggering to use it.

• Administrators

All same as Bagsta.

And the hyper-lane woks better with the port 3074 (UDP/both) only.

I just need to find a way for my router isp to work as i planned: the bridge mode is just a f***** vlan and not a real bridge mode.

I need to active all ports on port triggering to use it.

Interesting, thanks for that! 

Hyper traffic working better in that scenario is most likely placebo as XBL/PSN cover those ports already.

Interesting, thanks for that! 

Hyper traffic working better in that scenario is most likely placebo as XBL/PSN cover those ports already.

It's not very interesting because the chat party traffic or PSN packets don't need to be prioritize.

The port 3074 is very important for the server-client communication on Call of Duty multiplayer or Destiny PVP.

For the hyperlane, you mean that XBL or PSn cover port 1 at 65535?

Archived