Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes , it is just ports on your console that are open for gaming traffic, I have had mine open for many times over the years and nothing bad has ever happened. Some people will say that its a security risk etc but to be fair do you have anything on your console that makes it worth the time and effort to hack into it? You know nuke launch codes or anything? :)

People much smarter than me say this,

Is it Safe to Port Forward to a Gaming Console

Gaming consoles are designed from the ground up to be connected directly to the Internet. There are virtualy zero security exploits discovered in them, and when they are discovered they are closed almost immediately by system updates. There is no way to break in to a gaming console and access your home network. Forwarding a port to a gaming console is totally risk-free.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this post Bagsta. Before I try it I have a question. My PS4 nat type is always type-2 however I intermittently get moderate Nat "in-game" in Bops3 and IW, and always moderate in MWR. I don't notice many issues other than sometimes people with strict nat can't join my party if I host. Would you recommend I try port forwarding or stay the course until February's upgrade? I am not very comfortable with networking and I am hesitant to change anything unless the fix has other benefits I am not aware of. Any advice?

On your PS4 type 2 is open, forwarding the ports solves several issues that you may or may not get.

One problem which comes up quite a lot is that when people in the same party have different hats they can sometimes not chat to each other and have to use the in game chat,

In this scenario I would mute all but friends

If your user interface on the r1 slows after doing this try making sure misc setting enable cookies is ticked and reboot from the misc settings.

I have never had any issues with this but am aware a few people have.

A quick look about the forum should lead to solutions for this if it affects you.

For Call of Duty just opening the port 3074 UDP on the Duma works for me, open all day erry day!  :D

Just got my Duma and noticed mine gets slow after a while of playing, even takes a bit to reboot. Will tick the cookies box and see if that resolves the problem!  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this post Bagsta. Before I try it I have a question. My PS4 nat type is always type-2 however I intermittently get moderate Nat "in-game" in Bops3 and IW, and always moderate in MWR. I don't notice many issues other than sometimes people with strict nat can't join my party if I host. Would you recommend I try port forwarding or stay the course until February's upgrade? I am not very comfortable with networking and I am hesitant to change anything unless the fix has other benefits I am not aware of. Any advice?

SAME ISSUES BUTS MY NAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OPEN SINCE I GOT THE DUMA AND BEFORE, BUT JUST RECENTLY THE PAST 4-5 DAYS ITS BEEN MODERATE AND CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT I'VE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT OPTIONS JUST BY BROWSING THROUGH THE FOURMS, HAVE YOU  BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT SINCE YOUR POST PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

• Administrators

SAME ISSUES BUTS MY NAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OPEN SINCE I GOT THE DUMA AND BEFORE, BUT JUST RECENTLY THE PAST 4-5 DAYS ITS BEEN MODERATE AND CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT I'VE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT OPTIONS JUST BY BROWSING THROUGH THE FOURMS, HAVE YOU  BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT SINCE YOUR POST PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

Have you checked if the wan ip of the duma has changed in device manager? If it has you will need to update the dmz with this new wan ip. Also have you checked if your ps4 ip has changed? If you manually port forwarded then they may not be going to your console anymore. I would set a static ip for your ps4 in dhcp lease.

I have no idea why people are struggling with the netdumas upnp. As far as I'm concerned it does exactly what it's supposed to do (although I am on Xbox one). I do however find some games don't open the ports. For example I have to open ghosts before opening infinite warfare/mwr in order to get an open Nat type because these games won't open them for some odd reason.

I TRIED THIS AND IT DIDNT WORK STILL HAVE A MODERATE NAT TYPE ON THE BOTTOM OF MY IW SCREEN AND ITS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVES ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ?

Enable upnp, then load up MW:R and then exit the game, then load Infinite Warfare, you're welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

Iv followed every instructions used all port forward upnp options used a super hub 1-2 now 3 played on an original xbox one-elite and currently waiting for a xbox one s.lived at 3 different addresses used ee and Virgin media currently on Virgin media but just can't ever seem to get the flawless games I should my geo location shows I live in America with both is Iv done uo trace ping plotter b+ connections lost count of times engineering solutions have been to my property and offerd.i just simply don't know what else to do

Oh and ps4 currently using while waiting for my new xbox one the same issues negative records but all correct settings..

• Administrators

Iv followed every instructions used all port forward upnp options used a super hub 1-2 now 3 played on an original xbox one-elite and currently waiting for a xbox one s.lived at 3 different addresses used ee and Virgin media currently on Virgin media but just can't ever seem to get the flawless games I should my geo location shows I live in America with both is Iv done uo trace ping plotter b+ connections lost count of times engineering solutions have been to my property and offerd.i just simply don't know what else to do

Oh and ps4 currently using while waiting for my new xbox one the same issues negative records but all correct settings..

I'm not even sure what the actual issue you're describing is. NAT, Lag? If the Geo-filter shows you live in America and you don't live there then you do not have it setup correctly, click the house icon and then your location. Please make your own thread including the screenshots ask for here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

I'm basically doing bagsta port fwd guide step by step.

As I click apply, I get the message "Please select IP host number between 2 - 250" in a big orange box at top of page.

I have noticed that as I'm typing the the 2nd set of 3 numbers in the IP address, they change colour to red?...not sure if that means anything?

• Administrators

You've set a manual IP on the console itself? Does it have the same IP in device manager? Set it in DHCP lease as well. 

Can you use a PC to upload the screenshot? 

Click more reply options, choose file, attach then click attach to post 

Archived