Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

Hi guys,

Did you have a slow interface while port forwarding and hyperlane are active ?

Hi Chive,

I did on Xbox One, I just wanted to see if there was any difference for me with manual port-forwarding rather than UPnP (I'd been getting a moderate NAT)...

It was fine with all ports except for one, when I added that final port I saw a complete grind-to-a-halt slowdown of my Netduma interface and ended up having to do a factory reset because I wasn't able to undo what I had done.

Unfortunately I can't remember which port it was... I think I posted it somewhere but it was ages ago.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hi Chive,

I did on Xbox One, I just wanted to see if there was any difference for me with manual port-forwarding rather than UPnP (I'd been getting a moderate NAT)...

It was fine with all ports except for one, when I added that final port I saw a complete grind-to-a-halt slowdown of my Netduma interface and ended up having to do a factory reset because I wasn't able to undo what I had done.

Unfortunately I can't remember which port it was... I think I posted it somewhere but it was ages ago.

Let us know if that happens again, sounds very odd.

Let us know if that happens again, sounds very odd.

It's same thing that we talk few months ago.

My interface get slow when hyperlane and port forwarding are activate together.

I'll test one more time today just to find the cause.

I'm having the same issue with the port forwarding and turbo.

It's same thing that we talk few months ago.
My interface get slow when hyperlane and port forwarding are activate together.
I'll test one more time today just to find the cause.

Did you ever find the cause? I didn't know about this but for some reason disabling and re-enabling cookies temporarily solved this once, but since then it's back and no cure.

I saw the same issue.

I use UPnP now (because it works fine on Xbox) but I did try manually port-forwarding a while back.

As soon as I enabled the final port for BO3 the entire interface ground to a halt, I couldn't get things working at all so factory reset and went back to UPnP.

I know that doesn't help you resolve the issue but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one that has seen it.

I saw the same issue.

I use UPnP now (because it works fine on Xbox) but I did try manually port-forwarding a while back.

As soon as I enabled the final port for BO3 the entire interface ground to a halt, I couldn't get things working at all so factory reset and went back to UPnP.

I know that doesn't help you resolve the issue but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one that has seen it.

It's the same for me: when you port forward the 3074 UDP port, it's impossible to access your interface.

Don't worry Fraser, if it can be fixed in the new firmware, we can wait few more months.

I didn't try to access the interface with the PS4 with that configuration, i'll do it ASAP.

Tell me if you need some others tests Fraser.

It's a bit faster on PS4 but there is still a conflict between port forwarding and hyperlane.

And with some games on Trials (Destiny), i can see that port forwarding is placebo.

It works better with upnp.

• Administrators

I couldn't recreate the issue. With my mac 3074 port forwarded, and with it in hyper traffic for that same port I was still able to access the interface. Can you post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look.

I couldn't recreate the issue. With my mac 3074 port forwarded, and with it in hyper traffic for that same port I was still able to access the interface. Can you post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look.

Because the mac won't use the port 3074 if it doesn't need it but you can test with a PS4 (i don't know if it's the same on Xbox).

As I said, this is not important for me, Upnp works better.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I'll take another look :)

I think i found the issue.

When you only put the UDP port 3074 in the geo-filter, i works perfectly with the port forwarding (no latency on the interface anymore).

Now i can use all ports for Destiny and the connection is smooth like coconut ice cream

• 2 months later...

Having NAT issues on PS4 this only started 2 weeks ago but nothing seems to fix it, ive not changed any settings either so it was strange it happened out of the blue. Ive factory reset the DUMA and reinitialised the PS4 which is essentially like a total reset... My settings are correct I've got UPNP enabled and tried to clear it by disabling and re enabling it any advice would be great thnx

Having NAT issues on PS4 this only started 2 weeks ago but nothing seems to fix it, ive not changed any settings either so it was strange it happened out of the blue. Ive factory reset the DUMA and reinitialised the PS4 which is essentially like a total reset... My settings are correct I've got UPNP enabled and tried to clear it by disabling and re enabling it any advice would be great thnx

Same here.  I am getting so frustrated with this thing(R1).  It was set up perfect.  now I have to reboot change this, change that, just to try to get a decent game.  Please put out a new firmware to fix this thing.  We shouldnt have to reboot and change settings everyday to get a good game.

In all honesty the interface hanging along with the port forwarding from upnp not working correctly for certain games has forced me to box the router until the next update it's been almost 9 months since the last update!

Theres an issue with the latest firmware update on the ps4 for those that cannot get an open nat type especially with upnp

Theres an issue with the latest firmware update on the ps4 for those that cannot get an open nat type especially with upnp

Ive tried this unfortunately to no avail hopefully Sony will fix it with an update 

All I use is portforwarding as it is a smoother gaming experience for me. However lately I have had to reset at least twice daily every port i need open will be open. But the netduma will sky rocket my ping to 900ms. It's like every time the port forwarding slows down my interface as well no matter what, I've been running multiple test the entire lifecycle of update 1.03.6. However, this never happens with upnp I can leave the router alone for months with upnp on. But with all the upnp issues I have grown to wanna use port forwarding which shouldn't be a problem. I love my netduma and want to continue using it. But please fix this portforwarding soon!

All I use is portforwarding as it is a smoother gaming experience for me. However lately I have had to reset at least twice daily every port i need open will be open. But the netduma will sky rocket my ping to 900ms. It's like every time the port forwarding slows down my interface as well no matter what, I've been running multiple test the entire lifecycle of update 1.03.6. However, this never happens with upnp I can leave the router alone for months with upnp on. But with all the upnp issues I have grown to wanna use port forwarding which shouldn't be a problem. I love my netduma and want to continue using it. But please fix this portforwarding soon!

Try to put only 3074 udp both port on the host filtering and the interface won't be slow anymore.

This is what i use for destiny but it works for call of duty.

Archived