Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The router wasn't doing it hence I did the port forwarding and got an open Nat back.

I had an open Nat for months just using UPNP but after one of the Black Ops 3 updates it went to moderate and I was having issues connecting to friends in the states, hence the Port forwarding.

I actually did this when I discovered the moderate NAT type after the BO3 update.  I ran PS4 network test which showed a Nat type 2 and then I fired up BO3. Unfortunately, I still had a Moderate NAT type.   The only way to get an open NAT type was to use the specific port forwarding from this topic.

I actually did this when I discovered the moderate NAT type after the BO3 update.  I ran PS4 network test which showed a Nat type 2 and then I fired up BO3. Unfortunately, I still had a Moderate NAT type.   The only way to get an open NAT type was to use the specific port forwarding from this topic.

One way i have found works if you get a moderate NAT is to close game application on console then go into netduma UPNP setting and disable it then apply and then straight after re-enable it and apply, then load up game again and you should get open NAT. May or may not work for you but has always solved it for me, credit goes to simjc74.

miscellaneous settings should upnp forwarding be enabled? 

Yes if your R1 is BEHIND another router or combo unit which still has the routing functions enabled. (i.e. R1 in a dmz). No if the R1 is the only router in your setup.

Starting to lose my mind with this game. Keep getting thrown into games where ping is jumping over 100ms ping assist is at 35ms get hit markers then die can not figure it out at all seem like I run a lot slower then everyone els in the game too any help please :( :s

I too have the exact same issue. I am in New Zealand and for some reason the NetDuma R1 tends to want me to connect to American lobbies instead of Oceanic lobbies. 3 bar is terrible for me in comparison to 4 bar and it seems like there is nothing that I can do to rectify the issue. It is almost like the NetDuma R1 has my location set as America or Europe or somin' when I have already changed it to New Zealand. Weird. Please Advise. 

Yes if your R1 is BEHIND another router or combo unit which still has the routing functions enabled. (i.e. R1 in a dmz). No if the R1 is the only router in your setup.

Does this mean that we can use the NetDuma R1 as a stand alone modem/router and ditch our standard modem/router if we have an optic fibre ONT? Please advise. 

Does this mean that we can use the NetDuma R1 as a stand alone modem/router and ditch our standard modem/router if we have an optic fibre ONT? Please advise.

I'm going to have to defer this question to someone with fibre. I only am familiar with cable. Sorry. Now I can say this the R1 has to have a modem of some sort in the setup. But I can not speak on fibre.

The hyper-lane issue is still active (port forwarding + hyper-lane): after one reboot, i can't access to the interface or it's very slow.

But after that, ive made few experimentations.

I've deleted all port forwarding rules and didn't tick upnp and my results are amazing: the connection is so smooth and the lag is most of the time on the other team (Thanks fuc**** Bungie!).

I think that consoles don't handle those protocols like PC and that's why we don't understand what causes the lag after we opened our NAT.

Just take a look at this.

• Administrators

I too have the exact same issue. I am in New Zealand and for some reason the NetDuma R1 tends to want me to connect to American lobbies instead of Oceanic lobbies. 3 bar is terrible for me in comparison to 4 bar and it seems like there is nothing that I can do to rectify the issue. It is almost like the NetDuma R1 has my location set as America or Europe or somin' when I have already changed it to New Zealand. Weird. Please Advise. 

Ensure you have strict mode on and ping assist at 0.

You may be able to plug it into the ONT yes. I believe someone has tried that before and it worked. Give it a try.

The hyper-lane issue is still active (port forwarding + hyper-lane): after one reboot, i can't access to the interface or it's very slow.

But after that, ive made few experimentations.

I've deleted all port forwarding rules and didn't tick upnp and my results are amazing: the connection is so smooth and the lag is most of the time on the other team (Thanks fuc**** Bungie!).

I think that consoles don't handle those protocols like PC and that's why we don't understand what causes the lag after we opened our NAT.

Just take a look at this.

Will have to test for it when the new upgrade is ready as we can't go back to the current firmware and release any fixes. 

Ensure you have strict mode on and ping assist at 0.

You may be able to plug it into the ONT yes. I believe someone has tried that before and it worked. Give it a try.

Will have to test for it when the new upgrade is ready as we can't go back to the current firmware and release any fixes. 

Yes but i don't think it's problem with the router in the forwarding part but how consoles handle routing.

Does this mean that the new software is getting so close that you don't want to release any fixes on 1.03.6?  Or does this mean we will have to wait a while if this is an actual bug?

• Administrators

Does this mean that the new software is getting so close that you don't want to release any fixes on 1.03.6?  Or does this mean we will have to wait a while if this is an actual bug?

The new upgrade is very new - not at all ready but because of the way it's coded going back to 1.03.6 to look for a possible bug and then writing a fix for it (if needed) would take way too much time and inevitably push back release of the new upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I followed bagstas guide and my nat type did go from moderate to open. Something else that happened was my upload speed dropped significantly. Before i did the port forwarding i used to get about 6 or 7 Mbps which was both on a wireless and a wired connection. Now my upload never goes above 1.5. When i do the speed test on my ps4 i always get under 1 Mbps. i wanted to know if this side effect was intended and if not would there be any way to get my upload speed back to normal.

The ps4 speed test is wildly inaccurate try dslr reports or some other test on a wired pc

Also make sure your cc sliders are at 100% before doing the test.

Wow, that is a poor upload. Double check that you have put the speeds in correctly on the set bandwidth section. and you have preemptive box ticked.

Also on the device prioritisation section make sure that share excess is ticked and all devices have an equal share on upload and download then press update distribution.

If this gives you back your usual upload speeds then pull back the sliders on CC to help with bufferbloat.

Hi

After I did the port forwarding i messed with the distribution hoping to get more speed on my ps4 which is what must have caused the low upload speed. I've reset the distribution which has fixed the issue.

Thank you very much for your help bagsta.

Archived