Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

I have added two more ports at the end of this tutorial to cover the ports for Infinite Warfare as well. Just add these to the ports already forwarded.

Tonight I experienced a moderate Nat type after the latest update to Black Ops 3 and was struggling to join friends over the pond.

After a quick google I decided to try port forwarding. I have never had to do this before as UPNP seems to work fine for me but no amount of turning it off and on again was working for me.

After doing the following which took about 5 minutes I had open Nat again and went off to kick ass and take names with my American friends. :)

Giving PS4 a static IP address.And Port Forwarding for Black Ops 3.

To be able to Port Forward your Ports for the PS4 and Black Ops 3 you will need to give your PS4 a static IP address.
Fire up the PS4 and go to Settings on the XMB.

Attached File  settings.jpg   199KB   79 downloads

Go to Network and View connection.

Attached File  viewstatus.jpg   233.16KB   53 downloads

Write down the IP address, Subnet mask Default gateway and Primary DNS.

Go back to settings and click on Set up Internet Connection.

Attached File  setup.jpg   147.19KB   47 downloads

If at all possible make sure you are using an ethernet cable and select wired.

Select Custom

Then on the next screen select Manual.

Input the information you wrote down earlier, You don't really have to input a secondary DNS.

Click next, MTU select Auto, Proxy, select Do not use, Then Test connection.

Attached File  test.jpg   195.34KB   31 downloads

Now go to your R1 User interface and select Settings.

Go to UPNP and untick the box and click apply.

Next go to Settings, Port Forwarding.

You will be presented with a screen like below.

Attached File  r1_1.jpg   171.95KB   47 downloads

Rule name, Call it what you like, I call all my simply PS4

Start port is 80, so we input 80 and end port is also 80.

Protocol is TCP and the IP address is the static address that you previously gave to your PS4.

Click add rule and do the same again for the next port.

The ports we need to forward are

TCP
80-80
443-443
1935-1935
3074-3074
and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are
3074-3074
3478-3480

9307-9308 (Thank you bigdog and A7)

Click Apply.

Attached File  r1_2.jpg   168.01KB   50 downloads

This should have done all the forwarding needed to give you an Open Nat if you have been having issues.

Cheers.

Infinite Warfare ports are very similar.

Just add these to the port forwarding rules.

tcp and udp 3075 and 3076

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

RADDY1993

RADDY1993

The Ping Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Nice guide there m8 :), could be a sticky. 

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,306 posts

Nice tutorial bagsta, I've pinned it :)

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

Cheers mate, I just thought it sounds so daunting and complicated but if I can do it, I am sure with a simple guide with pictures, almost anybody could and it sorted my Nat out back to Open within 5-10 minutes so I could get back to kicking ass and taking names :)

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

Cheers Fraser :)

punishertag.jpg

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Nice thread and good work but I'd like to add that UDP 9308 is also used.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts
Thanks for that A7, I just took those ports off the activist on site

punishertag.jpg

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,407 posts

Did you turn off the console? then when you unticked and re ticked did you refresh the UPnP page in between cycles on the duma? as it sticks and does not respond unless you refresh the page.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

Hi Zennon, yes I followed every thread almost on here to get it to work including 5 minute power cycle of all equipment and nothing worked. I have had it before and the following day it was fine. Meh, bloody interweb. lol

punishertag.jpg

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Please also note that UDP 9307 is also used! :)

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

My bad, that is true. I think it's the party chat port if not mistaken?

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

Cheers Guys, I will add them to the post :)

punishertag.jpg

Rampage

Rampage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
You never believe me am going to create new thread how to port forwarding on R1 properly bcoz I don't know am having same issue my NAT type is open but game lag like crazy I never feel this kind of lag before even I've seprate connection for gaming only PS4 only connected to R1 no other devices
I stop playing after this new patch came bcoz of that horrible lag today I want to try port forward but so I thought I create new post ask how to do properly and suddenly saw this first in the table

Great guide with pic coz I shuffle that 3468-3469 it's coming in red so I thought it was wrong
BTW
Thanks for this guide Fraser also looked it means it was b good to try
I'll try tomorrow and let you know.....Thanks

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Great post.  

TizzerHizzer

TizzerHizzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Tonight I experienced a moderate Nat type after the latest update to Black Ops 3 and was struggling to join friends over the pond.

After a quick google I decided to try port forwarding. I have never had to do this before as UPNP seems to work fine for me but no amount of turning it off and on again was working for me.

After doing the following which took about 5 minutes I had open Nat again and went off to kick ass and take names with my American friends. :)

To be able to Port Forward your Ports for the PS4 and Black Ops 3 you will need to give your PS4 a static IP address.

attachicon.gifsettings.jpg

attachicon.gifviewstatus.jpg

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

Input the information you wrote down earlier, You don't really have to input a secondary DNS.

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

Protocol is TCP and the IP address is the static address that you previously gave to your PS4.

TCP
80-80
443-443
1935-1935
3074-3074
and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are
3074-3074
3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

This should have done all the forwarding needed to give you an Open Nat if you have been having issues.

Cheers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It seems that my misery has finally ended. Since about 2 months ago every so often my PS4 would connect to the internet, but it would not allow me to connect to PSN. Eventually it would work again, but then last week it was out for like 5 days. I said, "Screw this, it's gotta be the router." Netgear refused to help me so I finally switched to a Duma which I have been wanting to do for a while now. Got it Thursday and BAM, connected to PSN first try... but sadly the same issue happened again just Sunday, and then I found this post and I was able to sign in again! Thank you so much again!

bbursley

bbursley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

TCP
80-80
443-443
1935-1935
3074-3074
and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are
3074-3074
3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

Cheers.

does not work for me on my xbox one when using all the appropriate ports needed for the xbone, however using upnp gives me "open nat" but when i go look at upnp i only see that 3074 teredo and 3075 for demonware port mapping are being used yet bo3 gives me open nat and so does my xbox. wtf is that all about? 

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

This worked for me too on PS4 with BO3 on the latest update.  

Fraser - I talked with many of my friends that use other routers and UPNP and still have open Nat types afer the update.  However, it seems that the R1 suffers from the BO3 update.  Any ideas why this may be happening?

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

TCP
80-80
443-443
1935-1935
3074-3074
and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are
3074-3074
3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

Cheers.

does not work for me on my xbox one when using all the appropriate ports needed for the xbone, however using upnp gives me "open nat" but when i go look at upnp i only see that 3074 teredo and 3075 for demonware port mapping are being used yet bo3 gives me open nat and so does my xbox. wtf is that all about? 

If you have open Nat you do not need to do this. These instructions are for the PS4.

Try google and have a look for instructions on how to do the port forwarding on the xbone. There may be different ways of getting a static ip address etc.

punishertag.jpg

evo95

evo95

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Would you also port forward on other modem/ router? Or would that be double nat?

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts

I only do the port forward on my R1, I only have Modem then R1, I have no need for another router on my set up.

punishertag.jpg