Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Preliminary Lag Compensation Experiment Findings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Will be good to see the video, there's plenty to learn from it I'm sure.

I've done my own tests for my setup here (so my findings won't be the same for others), I've controlled the network around the R1 to lower jitter as much as possible (5ms jitter decreased) whilst keeping things pretty much in sync on both my nearby dedicated servers in BO3 with what I see on screen and 90-95% of the time this works very well with no throttling, well 3% but how many people run their networks at 97% of their max speeds these days for an A+ BB (whilst under some load) whilst controlling egress shaping enough not fluctuate the amount of jitter at all?

If it helps anyone, I've had further benefit with the following you'll see in the picture attached.

Anti-jitter which I'm hoping will arrive in fw 2.0.0 will be the final nail in the COD coffin on my end and then I will consider the lag compensation saga dead and buried, that is if I can lower my jitter by another 2-3ms. :)

Here's a theater mode vid (BO3) of my hit reg using the R1, jitter matters, the less the better.

https://youtu.be/zRjZm-jkTfs

you only use port 3074 in hyper traffic and not psn? does it work better like that? :)

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,939 posts

you only use port 3074 in hyper traffic and not psn? does it work better like that? :)

Was actually curious about that myself A7,I started doing that last night as per your set up pics in this thread.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Was actually curious about that myself A7,I started doing that last night as per your set up pics in this thread.

It works better for me, I cannot explain why exactly because Ports 3074 are included automatically when using straight up Xbox Live and/or Playstation Network in hyper-lane but there are other ports shared in those priority settings.

If this makes the difference or whether it's only a placebo remains uncertain...

As far as I'm concerned however, if it ain't broke, don't fix it and this works better than I recall it working before when using straight up XBL/PSN respectively.

Check the video to see how BO3 plays for me more than 90% of the time. 

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Are you seeing a difference like A7Legit?

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,939 posts

It works better for me, I cannot explain why exactly because Ports 3074 are included automatically when using straight up Xbox Live and/or Playstation Network in hyper-lane but there are other ports shared in those priority settings.

If this makes the difference or whether it's only a placebo remains uncertain...

As far as I'm concerned however, if it ain't broke, don't fix it and this works better than I recall it working before when using straight up XBL/PSN respectively.

Check the video to see how BO3 plays for me more than 90% of the time. 

Yeah I checked out the vid and you definitely have crispy hit detection on every single kill,which I'll be honest looks really great but damn I'd be screaming if I were going against you in a lobby as you just wreck people.

And I was curious as to "why it worked" but sometimes no one has an answer for "why things work or why they don't" but I agree if it's working no reason to do anything different.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,939 posts

Are you seeing a difference like A7Legit?

Well to be honest I can say it has improved considerably during my gaming but A7's hit detection is pretty incredible and I have not yet achieved that level and may not ever.

But I am seeming to drop people in less bullets on a more consistent basis,so yes hit detection I would say has improved with that change.

And I'll keep using the exact same set up so I can say for certain over a period of time that yes it just didn't work for 2 night,it's still solid but have no reason to believe it won't be consistent.

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Well to be honest I can say it has improved considerably during my gaming but A7's hit detection is pretty incredible and I have not yet achieved that level and may not ever.

But I am seeming to drop people in less bullets on a more consistent basis,so yes hit detection I would say has improved with that change.

And I'll keep using the exact same set up so I can say for certain over a period of time that yes it just didn't work for 2 night,it's still solid but have no reason to believe it won't be consistent.

Thank you.  I will try it out tonight.

Fraser - Since this is working for 2 people so far, it would be interesting to get Iain's input on why this may be helping.  

blakeyb1

blakeyb1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Can you tell me the exact jitter and if it's on the outgoing or incoming packets and what percentage of packets the jitter is on? If I can get these numbers in a direct message I can test this even further at a higher level of players.

5445195147.png

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

am i getting it wright?.. a7legit keeps his bandwidth as high as possible with good jitter and sets the port 3074 udp in hyper traffic?

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

am i getting it wright?.. a7legit keeps his bandwidth as high as possible with good jitter and sets the port 3074 udp in hyper traffic?

97% sliders with Reactive algo.

II MAZE II

II MAZE II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Whats your bandwidths?

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Whats your bandwidths?

In my signature.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Thank you.  I will try it out tonight.

Fraser - Since this is working for 2 people so far, it would be interesting to get Iain's input on why this may be helping.  

Sure I'll ask :)

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Dillinger

Dillinger

[Duma] Armorer

• Moderators
  • 2,625 posts

Are you even checking your Bufferbloat anymore?  Or have you just found a setting that is working and stopped there?

I'll give it a try if I ever get a chance to get back on BO3.  I am always up for trying something new. :D

Las Vegas - Early R1 Adopter | CoD Player | 1911 aficionado

"Improvement usually means doing something we have never done before" Shigeo Shingo

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Are you even checking your Bufferbloat anymore?  Or have you just found a setting that is working and stopped there?

I'll give it a try if I ever get a chance to get back on BO3.  I am always up for trying something new. :D

I tried it last night.  Based upon his photo, it is UDP 3074 with the "Both" radial dial selected.  I did not play long and I was playing mostly east coast servers.  Being from San Diego, the connections are always inconsistent.   I will continue to play with the A7 hyper settings and see how it goes.

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

im not sure if Playstation network includes port 3074 just on the basis of my geo set-up I have both  port 3074 and playstation network  in my games services, and on inspection of who is connected in the map, it clearly shows separate hosts and some are identical.

Dillinger

Dillinger

[Duma] Armorer

• Moderators
  • 2,625 posts

I tried it last night.  Based upon his photo, it is UDP 3074 with the "Both" radial dial selected.  I did not play long and I was playing mostly east coast servers.  Being from San Diego, the connections are always inconsistent.   I will continue to play with the A7 hyper settings and see how it goes.

Thanks UK - Always there when a brother needs you.

Let me know how you get on, I am curious.  I do like the game and would like to have more success at it (as I am sure is the case with everyone here...LOL)

Las Vegas - Early R1 Adopter | CoD Player | 1911 aficionado

"Improvement usually means doing something we have never done before" Shigeo Shingo

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,939 posts

Well ran it again last night and still seems to be better than it was before in my case.Hit detection is still better but I do notice when you get "that" lobby with players that are 2-3 barring it still IMO seems to play more consistent than a bad lobby would before.

Again I'll keep rolling it and see how it goes.

I would say it's definitely worth checking out JD,when you get some free time.

Zennon

Zennon

• Administrators
  • 6,928 posts
So putting the sliders to 97% has changed the game.

Half of the community say throttle the rest saying give it just about max.

Non of which affects ping [facepalm/] shrugs and moves on.

sncjez

sncjez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

I'm always on 90 & 90 in CC i get an A+ for bluffer and an A for Line if i drop below 87 i get lower grades for some reason and red spikes on chrome the lower the worse seems to be different results between google and explorer which i have better results by going lower  :unsure:

All in all throttling is BS i wasted enough time experimenting in the MW3 days to realize it's not worth the hassle suppose it might for work for some but not for me.

Posted Image

Fake Ping