version 1.03.3

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi guys,

We are at the gadget show this week so support will be minimal. The reason I'm releasing it a week early is some people need the wifi workaround. Please stay on 1.03.2 for a week unless you need this.

Sorry been a bit slow recently. Had to work on stuff outside of coding recently. The main things in this upgrade are:

• Peer ping, this is very useful for games like Destiny which are purely peer to peer. It shows you a barchart of pings for all players. This is also kinda userful for CoD although its not as accurate. I can see GB or private match cod players liking this more.
  • Host exclusion in our hybrid VPN tech. This means you can exclude hosts you trust from the VPN e.g. youtube.com, netflix, twitch etc so you get the high bandwidth of your connection, the low ping of PC games while retaining the DDoS protection. We will be promoting this soon as its a big deal for PC gaming
  • Various bug fixes
  • If you have had wifi problems since 1.03.2 then go to Settings > Misc and disable the "Wifi-Workaround".

File is here. Remember to keep preserve settings & check version ticked!! Do NOT untick preserve settings ever!

Changelog

1. Implemented rudimentary DNS/IP VPN exclusion feature.
  2. Toggle stealth mode.
  3. Updated PlayStation status page.
  4. Toggle Wifi workaround.
  5. Fixed LAN MTU(although its not used often).
  6. Implemented peer ping feature.
  7. Added RTMP streaming protocol to VPN exclusion services.
  8. Expanded port capture pool for Xbox/Playstation to fix destiny.
  9. Fixed empty VPN exclusion table selection bug.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Should i update or wait? 

If your not experiencing issues with the Wifi dropping out then I would wait until this version is patched up and nice and perfect :) It has only been tested for 1/2 days I think in the Coal Mine and as Iain has gone away, he might not have had time to fix any issues. I would say if its working at the moment, hold off from upgrading for about a week :)

If your not experiencing issues with the Wifi dropping out then I would wait until this version is patched up and nice and perfect :) It has only been tested for 1/2 days I think in the Coal Mine and as Iain has gone away, he might not have had time to fix any issues. I would say if its working at the moment, hold off from upgrading for about a week :)

What do you mean with wait for about a week? more updates things?

• Netduma Staff

The graph is a nice touch, but how do you know who the bars are referring to. Also im not sure what stealth mode does ?

It just means that if a port is closed and it is pinged, it won't reply that it is closed, instead it just doesn't reply at all :) I think somepeople think it can increase security - i'm not sure if it actually does or not.

Iain said this in Coal Mine when someone else asked the same question:

haha Luaksz love the question! Crossy is correct it just makes your router look like its not there if someone trys to access it. It sounds cool and more secure but in reality there are pros and cons. But some users asked for it, so there wish is my command. 

Hope that answered your question :) Also, you don't know who the bars are referencing to (at least I can't see a way of knowing how apart form matching pings up which is way too much effort for that, lol).

It just means that if a port is closed and it is pinged, it won't reply that it is closed, instead it just doesn't reply at all :) I think somepeople think it can increase security - i'm not sure if it actually does or not.

Iain said in Coal Mine when someone else asked the same question:

Hope that answered your question :) Also, you don't know who the bars are referencing to (at least I can't see a way of knowing how apart form matching pings up which is way too much effort for that, lol).

Cheers :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Crossy,

Yes there is no way to tell which circle the bars refer to, I'll make sure to do that in the next version!

Thanks Crossy,

Yes there is no way to tell which circle the bars refer to, I'll make sure to do that in the next version!

BTW m8 i have had no drop outs since updating :), i unticked the WIFI workaround radio button.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great news Raddy

nAld03y is a security feature some people wanted. Its for people outside trying to connect to your router 

Archived