LAG FIX KEY 101 KBPS thank you

BOLDSHOTER

watched this video followed every bit of it and damn seemed to have fixed the lag comp on Bo3 wanna say thank you whoever found this out xXALEEUNXx gaming no more shoot first die first would suggest anyone else too try this out as well you won't be disappointed just all in throttling not enabled Geo filter for ping and distance Check it out 

https://youtu.be/ueA-N6kWubY

what I put in the settings is 25 download and 2.2 upload yes I said that correctly 2.2mbps do not allow auto update set CC sliders download 25% upload 10% on preemptive algorithm with deep packet processing ticked and upnp forwarding IPV6 disabled Lan Wan with geo on or off doesn't matter

What do you think this is doing you are sending less bandwidth than you are throttling anyhow its is idle with your ISP.

Again you only send and receive minute packets, in reality you are not even throttling as you still have spare bandwidth even at these rate's.

Your ping stays the same.

You definitely wont have buffer bloat which is a positive.

What ever makes you think your playing better :) but the logic is :blink:

What do you think this is doing you are sending less bandwidth than you are throttling anyhow its is idle with your ISP.

Again you only send and receive minute packets, in reality you are not even throttling as you still have spare bandwidth even at these rate's.

Surely im only sending the speeds entered in my Bandwidth Limiter to the device selected (Netduma). All the bandwidth left is going out to all my other devices connected to my Asus Router, the only thing connected to my Netduma is my PS4 which in turn is getting the full bandwidth of my Netduma (5Mbps Down - 200Kbps Up).

BeBZ8Sl.jpg

I'm not sure it's that simple... I think the game bases your lag compensation factors off your bandwidth (because they think speed=ping) and so in theory by "tampering" with the in game speed test it will give you an advantage/disadvantage based on it's findings on your connection... Kinda have to unlearn everything you know about the internet and ping for it to make sense.

Thing is you only send the amount of bandwidth the packet needs to the host and receive what is sent back the rest of the bandwidth does not move from your ISP unless you have other people on your network but their packets have nothing to do with what the game receives and sends back via the host.

The only time you would be changing this is if you throttled so hard you were capping what the packet needs to get there and back and by then you would be introducing packet loss.

So throttling to 2mb does nothing there is still idle bandwidth as the game does not receive or need more than the packets and their headers so in reality there is no throttle as the packets have more that enough width to move and fro in.

If it gives you a positive play style because you think it is working then I am happy this works for you because believing something has changed and believing you can now play better works, positivity :)

Thing is you only send the amount of bandwidth the packet needs to the host and receive what is sent back the rest of the bandwidth does not move from your ISP unless you have other people on your network but their packets have nothing to do with what the game receives and sends back via the host.

The only time you would be changing this is if you throttled so hard you were capping what the packet needs to get there and back and by then you would be introducing packet loss.

So throttling to 2mb does nothing there is still idle bandwidth as the game does not receive or need more than the packets and their headers so in reality there is no throttle as the packets have more that enough width to move and fro in.

If it gives you a positive play style because you think it is working then I am happy this works for you because believing something has changed and believing you can now play better works, positivity :)

:) i can see this getting into a major discussion lol, Zen i am not questioning your knowledge as i hope you know, but i just cant say there is no difference when i do this as even the aim assist works better. If i play normal and i am aiming round a corner or building and there is a enemy coming aim assist never really locks on to him but when applying these settings my gun follows him whilst in ADS even if he is not in sight. It is like i am closer to his time rather than further away when no settings applied, i no it sounds stupid but it feels more spot on. When you get time give it a try and play like it for a while and give us your opinion on if im nuts or not lol :)

If its working for you that's bang on :)

It doesn't change for me so I can only go by the internet protocols and how they work and what happens when I try.

I am lucky to have a non jitter broadband connection as a base so the game plays great on any bandwidth setting apart from lower than need for packet transmission.

If its working for you that's bang on :)

It doesn't change for me so I can only go by the internet protocols and how they work and what happens when I try.

I am lucky to have a non jitter broadband connection as a base so the game plays great on any bandwidth setting apart from lower than need for packet transmission.

I might try and do a comparison video if i get time, at the moment im not very mobile as had a biopsy on my ankle bone and comimg up to operation 3 on ankle :( also the wife has had jaw surgery so bit drained at the mo with 3 little kids causing havoc lol :)

I completely understand, and as I said it doesn't make much logical sense when you know how the internet and packets work... But in game it is like night and day. Tonight after watching this video I hooked up my old tp-link router between my R1 and my PS4, set the IP QOS to only give me 200 kbps maximum and my hit detection was giving me kills I should have never ever had. Completely missing and getting the kills. Jump shot quick scope across the map and getting it. Without this I have endless clips of shooting someone square in the chest from 2 feet away and it doesn't count. (I play hardcore so it's mostly 1 shot kills) It doesn't make any sense at all, but tonight is the first night I played by myself without rage quitting and going to play something else. I am as much of a doubter as the next person, hell I thought the R1 was just another "gaming" router with a placebo effect when I first bought it... But this is not one of those times. To be fair my normal connection is 180/12 with 12ms ping to most local servers on BO3. I'm limiting it to 200 kbps down and up.

I completely understand, and as I said it doesn't make much logical sense when you know how the internet and packets work... But in game it is like night and day. Tonight after watching this video I hooked up my old tp-link router between my R1 and my PS4, set the IP QOS to only give me 200 kbps maximum and my hit detection was giving me kills I should have never ever had. Completely missing and getting the kills. Jump shot quick scope across the map and getting it. Without this I have endless clips of shooting someone square in the chest from 2 feet away and it doesn't count. (I play hardcore so it's mostly 1 shot kills) It doesn't make any sense at all, but tonight is the first night I played by myself without rage quitting and going to play something else. I am as much of a doubter as the next person, hell I thought the R1 was just another "gaming" router with a placebo effect when I first bought it... But this is not one of those times. To be fair my normal connection is 180/12 with 12ms ping to most local servers on BO3. I'm limiting it to 200 kbps down and up.

I am using same Upload as you and im glad you see a difference also, i thought i was going mad lol. How are you finding kill cams and stuff with the same Download ? i found 3Mbps was ok, if i set it to low i was just lagging al over the place. I have read that a great number is 512Kbps as thats the minimum bandwidth recommended for joining servers and not getting lag comped. I think the reason we are getting these results is because on our normal connections we are getting comped and its adding so latency to our connection, when we lower to 200Kbps its not doing it so we get better hit detection as our latency is not affected.

I am using same Upload as you and im glad you see a difference also, i thought i was going mad lol. How are you finding kill cams and stuff with the same Download ? i found 3Mbps was ok, if i set it to low i was just lagging al over the place. I have read that a great number is 512Kbps as thats the minimum bandwidth recommended for joining servers and not getting lag comped. I think the reason we are getting these results is because on our normal connections we are getting comped and its adding so latency to our connection, when we lower to 200Kbps its not doing it so we get better hit detection as our latency is not affected.

The tp link doesn't let me set upload and download differently so I just set the speed to 200 kbps and it works... Only problem I noticed was when I got a notification it either came in really late or I lagged for a second or two. As for kill cams I'm a hardcore player so there are none lol but I do see the round ending kill since I play search and it's usually spot on. You still have those random players who are connecting from brazil to us east servers for some reason and they will always be laggy but that's the nature of the beast I guess. Better to have 1 laggy player than 12 randomly laggy players.

In game the speed test gives me 126 kbps by the way.

The tp link doesn't let me set upload and download differently so I just set the speed to 200 kbps and it works... Only problem I noticed was when I got a notification it either came in really late or I lagged for a second or two. As for kill cams I'm a hardcore player so there are none lol but I do see the round ending kill since I play search and it's usually spot on. You still have those random players who are connecting from brazil to us east servers for some reason and they will always be laggy but that's the nature of the beast I guess. Better to have 1 laggy player than 12 randomly laggy players.

In game the speed test gives me 126 kbps by the way.

Im getting this to my PS4:

BeBZ8Sl.jpg

In game getting this:

wMc92Ny.jpg

Im getting this to my PS4:

BeBZ8Sl.jpg

In game getting this:

wMc92Ny.jpg

I wish my asus router had those qos settings, because I think I could get away with a little more download than 200 kbps lol seems like the in game test goes off your upload speed.

Set the Duma to shared excess off and moved the upload and download on the Xbox one until I have 2mb down just under 1mb up.

And no change I could say it was worse because I couldn't get a decent kd but that was obviously just one of the variables I ran into.

Is that because I don't believe or because the packets had more than enough bandwidth?

Set the Duma to shared excess off and moved the upload and download on the Xbox one until I have 2mb down just under 1mb up.

And no change I could say it was worse because I couldn't get a decent kd but that was obviously just one of the variables I ran into.

Is that because I don't believe or because the packets had more than enough bandwidth?

Zen in jest i say 

b95c7792eff31575e3e50fc8c2957f93.jpg

I wish my asus router had those qos settings, because I think I could get away with a little more download than 200 kbps lol seems like the in game test goes off your upload speed.

Im on Merlin Firmware which gives more features, whats your model ?

Can you not get down to 200Kbps ?

Archived