Black Ops 3 Lag turning me into Rage a holic

Rageaholic

So I won't lie, I've always raged since I've first started playing call of duty 4. Back then my rage wasn't because of lag or other people being so good, but more because I would miss kills with poor accuracy or poor play on my part. I think from call of duty 4- modern warfare 2 I would say I broke 2-3 controllers by throwing them against a wall or floor. That's a good 2-3 years of play time. This was back when my kd was between .90-1.1. Fast forward to the black ops series from PlayStation 3 which was black ops 1 and 2. Black ops 1 I didn't really play too much but black ops 2 was a hit for me. I must have broke 10 controllers and 2 microphones on that game.

Fast forward to black ops 3 for ps4. I'm now easily a 1.75-2.0 kd. I'm a much better player with Some good tools such as : Verizon fios internet 100/100 Mbps, monster hdmi cable, cat 5 Ethernet cable, Ben q gaming monitor, and absolutely nothing using my wifi while I play. With that said, I must have snapped 50 ps4 controllers in half on this game alone. That's about 3000 spent on controllers alone. I'm a business owner at the age of 32 so money isn't the issue. It's a sad thing to sit here and admit but it's the truth and I know it's because of the lag in this game. I've played with the same guys for the past 4 months and we sit and laugh watching each other shoot people while spectating and watch them miss when they are on target. One of my boys has a 3.0 kd and I've seen him go 28-2 on hc snd and then the next round go 0-4. How is this possible? How is it possible for my last 5 games of score per minute on hc snd to range from 167-135-12-102-40 ???? How is it possible when we are completely raping a team the first two rounds for the third round to have them all of a sudden rape us? I'll tell you why. It's because of this fucking bullshit game with their lag switch to help the people who are average players to make them have a good game to keep them playing while they take away from good players by making our bullets cause less damage and to miss when we are completely on target. It does not make sense that in 3 games of snd I'm 10-2 then 4-4 then 12-3. Did my ability to play the game go out the window that second game? It's gotten to the point where we have to pick certain servers to play on. Example....me and my boy are from east cost nyc and jersey. You would think our server would match us with people in our area however it does not. It sticks Puerto ricanos from Puerto Rico into our game as if there are no closer servers for them. We have to look for servers in the med to west coast because we found that they perform better with less lag.

The game is getting less fun and more annoying. I only play because I enjoy playing with the guys I've been paying with the last few months. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be playing at all.

It's a shame that I'm posting this to get a reaction. I know I'm a short tempered man and can occasionally throw a tantrum in competitive sports if I lose or fuck up but never destroyed shit like I do with this game. Is it me or am I crazy?

On another note with these crypto key bullshit slot machine for children, I can tell you this. You ain't getting shit unless you pay. I've spent 40 bucks twice and got the weapon I wanted each time. If you don't pay you don't get it's simple. Stop spending money on it because it's useless.

..  That's bad, but you aren't the only one that get ill temperd during BO3.  
It's the only game that actually manage to make me angry or make me feeling cheated on while playing. So that's something new.. 
I never broke my controller tough.. "Only moderately beating up my wife". ;) 

But bad jokes aside..  The lag-comp in this game... Jesus.  I'm a 3 kd player my self ,  so i should't complain much. 
It's defiantly real. I can go from a 11 KD in one match and one dud leavs the game and some one with a red-bar connection or even sometimes a dude with a yellow bar

joins the game, and the next round i use half a clip to down a fucker.. 

I completely sympathize.  We notice the same thing with core Domination.  First round, we are raping them and then the second round we get out gunned all the time (or vice versa).   Also, players going in and out completely changes it too - go from a good connection to completely laggy or laggy to unbearable.

Very frustrating, anyone figure out a good ping that plays better? Like the OP says he plays better on servers further away wonder what the ping difference is. I know when I'm watching the connection if the ping graph is up and down I'm in for a crap game even if the ping is below 20. Also, anyone know how low you have to throttle the connection to go pvp?

i dont let it get to me anymore forreal i just turn the game off or play something else i kno what to expect when playing cod  its never gonna get better only gonna get worst 

Very frustrating, anyone figure out a good ping that plays better? Like the OP says he plays better on servers further away wonder what the ping difference is. I know when I'm watching the connection if the ping graph is up and down I'm in for a crap game even if the ping is below 20. Also, anyone know how low you have to throttle the connection to go pvp?

For me, throttling down to about 3% ( i have 60 down and 20 up )  gives me p2p... Ain't that much better to be honest.

For now I just quit lobys when i need more then 7 shots to down some one running towards me ore 5 shots when they stand "still" (using the man o war )

( meaning you skip bullets for hit-markers. )  

I have no problem with loosing or play against better players as long as I have a fair chance and can shoot back at them. :P 

Yester day was all around good. One player dominate the lobby ( skipping around) 3 rounds after Connection comeback strong and he starting to loos and went even 

KD.. Few games after that, he backed out.. 

Thanks, I decided not to throttle the connection but It did play better last night. I ended up banning all the servers in my GF area one by one depending on the ping graph during the match, then played on the last Dallas server, under 20 ms ping with an even flow on the ping bar. Even it was hit and miss but, I actually went positive on most games and my spm was in the mid to high 200's and even 300's, been averaging mid to high 100's, .9 K/D so I was relatively happy. I'll give the router credit, it gives you the option to play on your own terms, very impressive device.

Archived