Community Raffle?

• Administrators

Hey guys, we want to give back to our community.

We do giveaways of our router on Twitter fairly often but that doesn't give back to the people who have helped us get this far a.k.a you the DumaArmy!

Would you want to take part in a raffle of sorts on the forum? 

Let us know your thoughts or if you have any other ideas of how to do it :)

Maybe reward forum users for submitting a good idea for future updates/products?

If the idea is used, then the person who thought of it gets rewarded.

That way it's a two way thing between you and the customer :)

A lot of companies use this incentive with their staff so I'd imagine it'd work well in a forum setting too.

• Administrators

Hey guys,

Just want to pitch in and say I agree 100%. Sorry haven't been round as much, I'm working on the new engine. I believe wholeheartly in the concept of momentum. Once you start to build up R&D momentum don't lost it. So I'm focusing nearly everything to the new engine.

The change is going to be so drastic that I think v 2.0 is not enough. It may need a whole new rebranding :D 

Anyway enough about me, I think a raffle where each post in the last month counts as a weighting towards you. However limit it to, say maximum of 10 so everyone has a fair chance. Whatcha think? 

Hey guys,

Just want to pitch in and say I agree 100%. Sorry haven't been round as much, I'm working on the new engine. I believe wholeheartly in the concept of momentum. Once you start to build up R&D momentum don't lost it. So I'm focusing nearly everything to the new engine.

The change is going to be so drastic that I think v 2.0 is not enough. It may need a whole new rebranding :D

Anyway enough about me, I think a raffle where each post in the last month counts as a weighting towards you. However limit it to, say maximum of 10 so everyone has a fair chance. Whatcha think? 

I think this is a good idea that could include everyone.   Faith's idea was really good as well, but that only target's the techinical minded people and not more of a casual thinker; and i'm sure we have plenty of both in the Army.

Good idea, I'd still be stumbling around in the dark, weeping and shouting at the mess of wires in the corner, if it wasn't for the help of the lads in here.

Fraser, Zennon, Dillinger, Bagsta, etc, dragged me f-ing and blinding into the light.

Also, I should receive a special reward due the length of my post

I think must reward any person that helps others in any way...advice,technical information,guide,post the configuration it uses...etc....anything that a new user or member can take a global view about Netduma and what that really does to increase gaming experience.

I think this is a good idea that could include everyone.   Faith's idea was really good as well, but that only target's the techinical minded people and not more of a casual thinker; and i'm sure we have plenty of both in the Army.

The suggestions don't need to be for the technically minded at all!

For example:

"Wouldn't it be cool if the R1 came with a branded USB stick to add that extra bit of 'sexy oomph' when you open the box. The USB could contain manuals for the R1 which can also be removed so the user can use the USB for personal use."

Obviously, that's an awful example... but it's hardly technical!

:)

• Administrators

We would make sure it wouldn't focus on just those members, want it to be fair.

I think must reward any person that helps others in any way...advice,technical information,guide,post the configuration it uses...etc....anything that a new user or member can take a global view about Netduma and what that really does to increase gaming experience.

Not everyone has the knowledge to advise on those kinds of issues which would then alienate part of our community which isn't what we want to do.

The suggestions don't need to be for the technically minded at all!

For example:

"Wouldn't it be cool if the R1 came with a branded USB stick to add that extra bit of 'sexy oomph' when you open the box. The USB could contain manuals for the R1 which can also be removed so the user can use the USB for personal use."

Obviously, that's an awful example... but it's hardly technical!

:)

I got really excited reading this as I came up with that exact idea a few weeks ago! 

Then my heart broke at this line: 

Obviously, that's an awful example.

:(

You should also consider a loyalty program that offers various rewards for various levels of activities.  Below are various examples

1. Random for new member introductions
  2. Great suggestions (forum, twitter, social media)
  3. Active forums members that provide great support
  4. Standard lottery giveaways via forum, twitter, etc.
  5. Purchase referrals
  6. Great reviews - i.e. via youtbe, social media, etc.

Any and all of the above sound good,raffles are always a cool thing to do.And anything that gets the community more involved is a bonus.

We would make sure it wouldn't focus on just those members, want it to be fair.

Not everyone has the knowledge to advise on those kinds of issues which would then alienate part of our community which isn't what we want to do.

I got really excited reading this as I came up with that exact idea a few weeks ago! 

Then my heart broke at this line: 

:(

Ha!

I didn't mean the idea was awful, I meant it was an awful example to show how the suggestions don't need to be techy - so I will retract on part of my comment as I do contradict myself.

An audio company called Line 6 started shipping banded USB's with their new products. I loved having a free USB with my new product, so the idea is great - just my execution on how it's worded is awful.

• Administrators

You should also consider a loyalty program that offers various rewards for various levels of activities.  Below are various examples

1. Random for new member introductions
  2. Great suggestions (forum, twitter, social media)
  3. Active forums members that provide great support
  4. Standard lottery giveaways via forum, twitter, etc.
  5. Purchase referrals
  6. Great reviews - i.e. via youtbe, social media, etc.

Thats a good idea, will have a serious think about that.

Ha!

I didn't mean the idea was awful, I meant it was an awful example to show how the suggestions don't need to be techy - so I will retract on part of my comment as I do contradict myself.

An audio company called Line 6 started shipping banded USB's with their new products. I loved having a free USB with my new product, so the idea is great - just my execution on how it's worded is awful.

Ahh I understand! Yeah I would too :D

Archived