Any suggestions on making black ops 3 xbox one better

Currently i am using ultimate cod profile and it aint feeling smooth . I am getting like a jolting effect every now and a then especially when in a gun fight, and the most noticable problem is i feel behind in most lobbies i am playing in . Was looking for advice on a better setup for a xbox one uk user .

Setup benq xl2420t gaming monitor

Bthh5 wired to netduma wired to xbox one

Speeds 78 down 18 up

Netduma ping diagnostics

Ping good, jitter exceptional ,

spikes exceptional, packet loss none

Misc settings all ipv6 disabled and

Only upnp and cookies i have ticked

Latest upgrade also

I have found my best cc settings for a+ bb and speed a. I have tried using cod ultimate with 70/70 and my best cc settings for blufferboat settings still feeling slow and sluggish and behind alot of other players. Was hoping if anyone had advice or has found better settings for the xbox one. thanks

• Administrators

Well your ping is reading good, so I would take a look at your base ping and then see what your typical game ping is. 

Make sure all devices are connected to the R1, disable Wifi on BTHUB & put your console in hyper traffic as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have pretty much the same setup as you, I use pre-emptive on congestion control, with download and upload set giving my xbox 100% and it feels like God mode. I have share excess ticked.

Even with the geofilter disabled, testing and getting congestion control mastered on Dslreports is what did it for me. I'll try and edit this post with screenshots

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/5SALQ

Also have WiFi turned off on the bt homehub in both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands with everything connected to the netduma... use Google Chrome instead of IE

I was having the same types of troubles until I tried this:

Move geofilter to middle of the ocean, and set the lowest radius possible. Pre emptive ticked. ping set to 35, strict mode on.

Congestion Control

I did the bufferbloat testing tut, and found these settings below to get me A+ on my dslreports

download @  95%

upload at 40% to 50%

I allocate 35% up and down to my xbone on the flower. I have 2 teenagers on iphones/pads/whoknows what else, so they are online while I am gaming. I would imagine if I gave my xbone 100%, or disable all other devices it would be even better. But I do have to be realistic when sharing the internet with the family.

my connection is 15 down and 1 up. 

Until I tried this I was getting really spotty games, now 9 out of 10 games are really good, I'm actually having fun with BLOPS3 now. My SPM per game on average was 250 per game, now almost every game is in the mid to upper 300s. Last night I was calling in wraiths, and got my first legit r.a.p.s. I am having to relearn how to aim now, I used to have to lead my targets just to get a kill LOL

I'm definately feeling the benefits of the Duma, and couldn't be happier.

My base ping is around 30 . I have recently received a new bthh5 because my speeds keep dropping to around 20 download and was told it must be a faulty home hub as it was happening every couple of weeks

Because of the drop's the DLM (dynamic line management) has imposed interleaving on your line increasing the latency to try and fixes the errors.

If the new HH5 fixes this and you have minimal errors it may improve and you regain fast path in around 9 days if you do not reboot the HH.

Archived