Wifi speed GF complaints!

I've only been testing for 24 hours but none of my devices are dropping connection. However, I'm not trying to stream videos which is a much more telling metric as dropped packets mean the video stop.

The speed is below what is normally wireless N from my metrics, all devices connected to it are N or AC but it seems to be capping me around 30Mb/s over wifi (actual not theoretical). This is on iPhone and MacBook.

I used my laptop 5 meters away in the garage to watch a youtube tutorial. I hade no connection at all to the R1 wifi. I disabled R1 wifi. ISP wifi was better.

Iain suggested to try this for now and thats fine by me :)

I used my laptop 5 meters away in the garage to watch a youtube tutorial. I hade no connection at all to the R1 wifi. I disabled R1 wifi. ISP wifi was better.

Iain suggested to try this for now and thats fine by me :)

definitely do what is best for you!

I dont think adding a device as workaround is a solution. The Wifi should be fixed.

The issue with wifi only affects apple products, I did mention this earlier there is a known issue with ios8 + that is causing wifi drop outs whether this is related or not we would need to check and test further . the fact it only affects apple products in itself is weird as that shouldn't happen as an issue with wifi would affect every wifi device equally the fact it isn't is puzzling ...

The main issue with the ios8 update that fubar'ed wifi is to do with ssid's  so its quite possible this is all related , if the wifi works fine on the old router it's as the ssid is the same, the netduma is a new ssid.. this is where the problem lies most likely.

Hopefully apple with finally release an update to fix the wifi issues as theres 1000's of complaints all over the net :(

Archived