Billion 7800n usage with R1

Zennon

Yeh i need the netduma wan ip first.

Looking in the dhcp setting's it starts at 192.168.88.100 , will this starting ip be the netdumas wan ip?

Or may i have the 1.02.3 FW?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok right I think you may need pppoe, did the Billion have pppoe setup when you used it? 

If you need pppoe you'll need to upgrade.

EDIT: I just saw your prior post, thank-you so much for the kind words. Looking forward to your feedback :)

Can I have the update please for pppoe upgrade?

:)

Yeh i need the netduma wan ip first.

Looking in the dhcp setting's it starts at 192.168.88.100 , will this starting ip be the netdumas wan ip?

Or may i have the 1.02.3 FW?

I also have this billion and need the to be able to put the Netduma's IP into the DMZ

:D

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok guys the upgrade is coming out very very soon. In fact its ready I just want to make the dbs work. Can you hold tight till a few hours please. 

EDIT: If you can't connect at the moment, please PM and obviously that takes absolutely priority. 

Yes i can connect and its working in moderate nat in aw fine , its playing really smooth i am over the moon with it , looking forward to the new FW so i can sort out an open nat with the ND wan ip in the billions dmz :)

I also have this billion and need the to be able to put the Netduma's IP into the DMZ

:D

I  just got mine working. For the record mine is 192.168.1.1

7800n<->duma

7800n- wifi off and dhcp on.

In devices in the Duma, the wan ip should be there. Just below the big blue box.

7800n-dmz enter that ip number, save, restart modem and you should be sweet.

Moderate nat wont hurt you.

Thanks faulKo , i dont see the ND wan ip from that page as i am on 1.02.2 , all good though I am off out for a party tonight , and hopefully the new FW will be out for game time tomorrow :)

I have to say that the geo-filter and the bandwidth control to keep pings down is really sweet , been having great games since I set up the ND , my new low input lag tv came yesterday ( 6ms /13ms Leo Bodnar test .what a diff over my old set)  so i am double happy.

I  just got mine working. For the record mine is 192.168.1.1

7800n<->duma

7800n- wifi off and dhcp on.

In devices the wan ip should be there. Just below the big blue box.

7800n-dmz enter that ip number, save, restart modem and you should be sweet.

Moderate nat wont hurt you.

Cheers faulko

Will have a go

:)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks faulko. If your on a version below 1.02.3 you won't see WAN IP on the device mangager page. Let me know if you need an upgrade,

• 1 month later...

Been away for a while due to my Dad being in hospital.

Have brought my Billion back into the loop and every time i connect the R1 up it takes the ip out and I'm unable to connect to the Bilions GUI.

I did work before the update.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Scythe,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. 

I'm not sure to be honest. If the billion is a modem it should not have an IP right?

Scythe is a friend of mine he has the same set up as me , he stopped using the billion and went straight from the modem to the duma , i have kept my same set up as before when i had adsl

I am now on fibre but i go modem > Billion > duma because i want the added protection from the 7800ns great firewall.

Spoke to him about it and i went round to his house to set it up for him.

Billion on its own , i see the gui, duma on its own i see the gui via a browser.

Billion / duma i can only see the duma and it breaks the net adaptor so even if i go back to using the 7800n alone it will not show the gui via 192.168 etc until i do a diagnose fix on the adaptor.

Both routers have diff i.p's nothing on his network has an i.p clash.

It was getting late and i had get home , it is a strange one as i have the same set up the differences being he has a ECI modem where i have a hauwei and he uses pppoe and i use EWAN dynamic because talktalk do not need a log and pass.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Are you sure they are not on the same subnet? Remember the Duma must be on a different subnet to the other modem/router. 

I did not get time for a full diagnosic but with my set up i am sure they are 225.225.225.0 I can not check at the moment i am at work but i didnt have to change the subnetamask on either routers at mine. they play happy together both on the same fw revisions as scyth's.

Must be making a difference on your set up mate.

Guest Netduma_Iain

what ranges mate?

At device manager can you see the blue box at the top of the screen? If so can you click the button in it to get to the other router please

Guest Netduma_Iain

honestly don't know then mate, if you have Internet access the Duma is doing its job as in routing. If its routing it should be able to access anything accesible on the Internet which should include the other router if its a router. So it must be on the other device I'm afraid.

If you don't see a blue box at the top of the Device Manager then its a modem not a router & you won't be able to access it as its transparent network node.

Yeah its a strange one as it used to work when he first got the duma we set it up and it worked fine , it is just now hes gone back to use it after just using the duma / modem set up it wont.

Yet i have the same set up and it works no problems , mind of its own i bet it works next time he trys lol

Archived