Tom Clancy's The Division Cloud connection

• Administrators

I did notice this as well when I did some testing. The previous time I tried I saw much more hosts. Thanks for the feedback, glad to know it wasn't just me. Will delve further into it this week

With these settings i see hosts and other people and i still connecting to host outside of geofilter range 

But i could always see the host 

On the host we still cant tempban them it still only says update not temban 

We badly need the ability to emp ban hosts

FWIW, when I posted above that no hosts were showing, I was just in the PVE environment.  I noticed later when I was in the DZ my map was lit up though I couldn't discern what "host/server" I was connected to, and I did see a lot of exclamation points outside my range.  I wonder if these were the VOIP connections for the game?

I'll play around tonight with the R1 and The Division, see if I can be of any help. Now that the new update is out and the planned DLC approaching closer, I feel a lot more players will be jumping back in the game. 

Ive been using the settings fraser posted  game server 12  

When using these settings  it shows every person as a host   when host show on geo fillter

But im constantly  coonnecting to  host out side geo fillter range

• Administrators

Ive been using the settings fraser posted  game server 12  

When using these settings  it shows every person as a host   when host show on geo fillter

But im constantly  coonnecting to  host out side geo fillter range

Strict on, PA 0 doesn't prevent that for you?

I have always have strict on but i put my pa to 15 ms

ile set my pa to 0 and let you know

btw the host i connect too  vary from 10 ms to 100 ms on  your setting 

• Administrators

I have always have strict on but i put my pa to 15 ms

ile set my pa to 0 and let you know

btw the host i connect too  vary from 10 ms to 100 ms on  your setting 

Okay thanks!

Just so you all know I apologise for the delays It's not that I don't care about getting the game supported. It is simply a case of being extremely busy and not always having the time to do it. I understand your frustration, I really do. I'm frustrated myself. I have a few essential tasks this week that need to be done. Then I will dedicate as much time as needed to get it done. It will be my priority.

I just got my router and was hoping to use with the Division.

Tried out the game server 12. The geo filter shows a few host and dormant host while loading the game, after that it disappears.

I even open the geo filter completely and nothing...

I just got my router and was hoping to use with the Division.

Tried out the game server 12. The geo filter shows a few host and dormant host while loading the game, after that it disappears.

I even open the geo filter completely and nothing...

I think the Geo only shows the servers if you're in the Dark Zone.  

If I turn off auto & bleeding edge cloud and choose game server 12 then it should allow me to block certain servers, but not who connects to the server? Just wondering what this will accomplish. I haven't tried to block anything yet, just got the R1 3 days ago. This is pretty much the only game I play right now. The lag hasn't been too bad for the past month anyhow, but I'd like to prevent being in the same server as people from distant countries. I live in the southern part of Louisiana, USA and it seeeems like I'm connecting to a server in Nebraska most of the time. This is about 1,000-1,100 miles, 1,600 km for the metric users :-)

Next time I play, I will record the geo-filter and perhaps overlay it with my gameplay, using my computer game capture/steaming capabilities to give you some info on how things are working for me. I'll upload it to youtube and share the link here once I do.

If I remember correctly it seems to work like you all have said. When I am first logged on and then perhaps connect with my team mates, I see them pop up on the map as circles and am connected to the Nebraska server. Then when I connect to the DZ I see more circles and perhaps some triangles with exclamations inside them when they are located outside my geo-filter region. But, I know I am connecting to those people. I know this because one of my friends is in Japan and we play together sometimes (with lag, lol) So, it seems like the filtering is not blocking the triangle players that show up. Do I have to select the triangle and then do something to actually block them from connecting with me? I've not tried to do anything like that yet, so I don't know how really.

I will record it tomorrow with the settings like I have them and then try to turn off auto & bleeding edge cloud and choose game server 12 and see what that does.

1. Is there anything else I should try or any pointers on what I have said here that would help me achieve more localized gaming and prevent my server from allowing players outside the geo-filter range from connecting with me?

2. Is this even possible to do with this game or is that what we are trying to figure out? As in, does the server not care what the R1 is doing or is this game not completely server based?

3. Are there any specific things you want to see when I make the video?

One thing I do like is that I can see how full a server is and where everyone on the server is connecting from. I love to farm the DZ 05/06 and only see 5 or 6 circles on the map. That means all the supply drops are ours for the taking and not much chance of rogues coming after us, lol.

Appreciate any comments 

• Administrators

As I said in another Division thread I've had to take some personal time due to a family emergency. Once I return to the office, hopefully Monday I will proceed with the plan of prioritising game support.

I made a video tonight but my sound is all messed up for some reason. I think I changed some settings on my capture card a while back. Need to do some trouble shooting tomorrow. Here is the video though. So as of now, the Netduma doesn't actually block any players from connecting to you nor does it stop you from joining a server with people outside your geo-filter's range? I see a triangle with an exclamation point pop up in South America, but it never really goes away.

Short video with Rogue action

Full two hours, Netduma overlay starts around 26 minutes in and is on for most of the video, in case you want to see prolong use.

https://www.twitch.tv/bb_504/v/71376557

I made a video tonight but my sound is all messed up for some reason. I think I changed some settings on my capture card a while back. Need to do some trouble shooting tomorrow. Here is the video though. So as of now, the Netduma doesn't actually block any players from connecting to you nor does it stop you from joining a server with people outside your geo-filter's range? I see a triangle with an exclamation point pop up in South America, but it never really goes away.

Short video with Rogue action

Full two hours, Netduma overlay starts around 26 minutes in and is on for most of the video, in case you want to see prolong use.

https://www.twitch.tv/bb_504/v/71376557

Yo BB,  What's Up?  The Netduma can't block anyone from connecting to the server you're connected to.  It can only make sure you connect to a server within your Geofilter range or within your Ping assist values.  The triangle you are seeing is a server that does not fall into your Geofilter or Ping assist values.

Regarding PVP games  ( when 1 of the players in the lobby is the host) Your R1 will only stop you from connecting to lobbies that don't match your settings.  PVP seems to be less and less of an option these days as more companies are opting to host their games on dedicated servers.

I think the triangles can also be players, not just servers. It almost seems like this game may use a hybrid system to connect players to each other. Aren't the big circles supposed to show you the"server" you're connected to? Because sometimes it will show players in my party as a big circle. And it will switch between the other 3 players in my group. Also, when matchmaking it seems like the Netduma doesn't really stop you from connecting to servers outside your geo-filter. You accept the "invite" to connect and it just connects.

I live in New Orleans and most of the time, I connect to a server in Nebraska or Oklahoma. Then once I'm matchmaking....no telling what server I'll get into. I also don't understand why this game allows people in Japan to connect to a server in the U.S. The ping is going to be crazy high.

I'm going to do a new video to show a little more about my experience. I still enjoy seeing how many people are on a server and where they are connecting from. It can lead me to making a choice to leave the server somehow to get a better DZ and perhaps one that is less crowded.....since I'm into DZ05/06 loot farming.

I think the triangles can also be players, not just servers. It almost seems like this game may use a hybrid system to connect players to each other. Aren't the big circles supposed to show you the"server" you're connected to? Because sometimes it will show players in my party as a big circle. And it will switch between the other 3 players in my group. Also, when matchmaking it seems like the Netduma doesn't really stop you from connecting to servers outside your geo-filter. You accept the "invite" to connect and it just connects.

I live in New Orleans and most of the time, I connect to a server in Nebraska or Oklahoma. Then once I'm matchmaking....no telling what server I'll get into. I also don't understand why this game allows people in Japan to connect to a server in the U.S. The ping is going to be crazy high.

I'm going to do a new video to show a little more about my experience. I still enjoy seeing how many people are on a server and where they are connecting from. It can lead me to making a choice to leave the server somehow to get a better DZ and perhaps one that is less crowded.....since I'm into DZ05/06 loot farming.

If you have the Geofilter and Ping assist on at the same time you could connect to a server outside your geo radius as long as your ping to it fell within your settings.  Also many times servers locations are not correct, especially if they're showing up in Kansas.  It's like a default location.  The main thing to be concerned with is the ping to that server.  That's how you'll know if it's close to you or not.  I live in NY state and I've connected to servers in Seattle showing a ping of 25ms.  That is definitely a misidentified server.

When I want to use the Geofilter, most of the time I don't really care about the physical location of the server.  I'll set my home location as small as it will go and in the middle of the ocean.  Then I use ping assist to get me connected to a server with a decent ping. I also like to see where the other people are connecting from and how many are on the server.  It's a cool feature of the R1

• 2 weeks later...