Tom Clancy's The Division Cloud connection

Easy guys, it frustrating i know but dont expect the Duma Team to drop a hat for non hit titles.

To be honest if the devs have half and idea on what they are doing consumers wouldn't need a Duma in the first place, but that's the card we are dealt.

I try not the dev bash but they make it so easy.

Im sure there is a valid reason for the slow response.

While i fully realize that they are quiet busy and dont expect them to drop a hat to run and support a game that i requested there are numerous requests for support in this thread that have not been supported just look for yourself .Some titles such as Battlefront and the Division and others .While they are not the hit that CoD is they are Not minor titles. And some have been said that they were to be "looked into " and 5+ months later nothing and begining to feel like im being told b.s. Truth be told i would not buy the router to only play Cod. ( which i realize is their target audience ) . I didn't purchase my console to soley play Cod and nothing else and that applies to the Netduma as well. Before purchasing my router i did my research and liked what i saw and read . And one of the biggest selling points for me was the support for other gaming titles which has not been the case and in my opinion has been ignored and with forum members offering their help to support titles is unacceptable. And maybe its just me but i dont understand the logic of having a "Gaming Router " that doesnt support games.

I wonder how Ubi soft think its a good idea for the dark zone to allow an apparent Aus host yet stuff it full people from USA, UK, Germany etc.

Join the dz and the geo filter lights up like pimples on a teenagers face.

Agreed it has taken far too long & my apologies. I have booked Monday off for the sole purpose of working to support a whole host of games including The Division if possible.

How'd it go? Any possibility of the game working with the geo-filter?

• Administrators

How'd it go? Any possibility of the game working with the geo-filter?

I did play it, I'm a low level so keep with me if my knowledge about the game isn't all there. I had never played the game really before that point. 

So the way I saw it there was two ways you could connect to people unless there is more I wasn't aware of:

• Dark Zone
  • Partying up with people for missions

Is this the case? If these are the only ways then they both worked with the Geo-filter just fine for me. Hosts inside radius both times. Is there something I'm missing here? Let me know so I can test again.

@Netduma Fraser,

You didn't have to go through all that - I would gladly offer you an account with access to all missions including incursions.

What I request here is two things:

1: Connecting to hosts only inside the geo-filter.

2: Ability to disconnect from servers and connecting to another one to avoid being in the same darkzone with the same people over and over.

My thoughts:

1- Blocking a lobby using the temp ban feature in order to connect to another one.

2- The DarkZone lobby is decided when you first log in. You will have to restart the game in order to flush your connection to their servers and connect to another potential lobby. Hope that helps.

If you need any info regarding the game connection mechanics we would gladly assist.

I would appreciate that you put this on a priority as it seems cloud-based games are different that Call of duty Dedi's based connection and Destiny Peer-to-Peer connections.

I am pretty sure solving this will help create future solutions for other games.

Thanks,

Hassan

• Administrators

@Netduma Fraser,

You didn't have to go through all that - I would gladly offer you an account with access to all missions including incursions.

What I request here is two things:

1: Connecting to hosts only inside the geo-filter.

2: Ability to disconnect from servers and connecting to another one to avoid being in the same darkzone with the same people over and over.

My thoughts:

1- Blocking a lobby using the temp ban feature in order to connect to another one.

2- The DarkZone lobby is decided when you first log in. You will have to restart the game in order to flush your connection to their servers and connect to another potential lobby. Hope that helps.

If you need any info regarding the game connection mechanics we would gladly assist.

I would appreciate that you put this on a priority as it seems cloud-based games are different that Call of duty Dedi's based connection and Destiny Peer-to-Peer connections.

I am pretty sure solving this will help create future solutions for other games.

Thanks,

Hassan

Great thanks for the info Hassan, will look into this with that in mind! :)

@Netduma fraser,

Here is a current workaround solution used by a few to block lobbies:

1- Cain and Abel

2- Poison the Sony IP

3- Get the list of ubisoft servers ip addresses

4- Block a few ranges to switch lobbies potentially.

Thinking back now i cant see how the duma could help when the game itself and the way it adds players to a server. At best you can choose what server you connect to but that wont stop the game adding players from all over the world to the same lobby as you and killing any chance of a lag/jitter free game.

I see on my geo map people all over the world in the same dz lobby as me.

Im in Aus so im guessing there is only 1 server i connect to, its the game itself that adds folks all over the world in to an Aus lobby.

The game appears to have no real serious geographical region programming.

Im betting if i jump on now and enter the DZ there will be East, Mid and West coast USA players, UK, Germany and what ever is else in that area of the globe aswell as NZ, Japan and other Asian countries all in the 1 DZ lobby and the Duma will tell me the host will be in Sydney.

And yes it not fun shooting players and enemies when they zoom across the street all the time.

Makes sense faulko as it's like an open world where you could fight anyone but I'll look into it more closely at the weekend & see what can be done.

All good Fraser.

I have noticed the larger circle can bounce around between the players a fair bit.

i dont know how open world, mmo type game works, never really played any till battle front and that didn't work well either.

if i had to guess its like i log into my local server then it dumps me where ever, the Duma has the large circle as Sydney but i think i just pass through it, but its trying as i get Aus/Nz, Japanese players mixed with USA and the UK area players, its very odd.

I think i know why there are players in the dz outside you country 

When players match make for pve content ie daily missions  or whatever content

they get matched all over the world after they finish missions they are now in a diffrent lobby

So i might be from england i  matchmake i get a usa host  after game i play darkzone pvp

it now puts me into usa lobby                    just a theory of mine    as when i do pve matchmaking it puts me around the world unless i am hosting

I think i will rename my character fillious fog

I think i know why there are players in the dz outside you country 

When players match make for pve content ie daily missions  or whatever content

they get matched all over the world after they finish missions they are now in a diffrent lobby

So i might be from england i  matchmake i get a usa host  after game i play darkzone pvp

it now puts me into usa lobby                    just a theory of mine    as when i do pve matchmaking it puts me around the world unless i am hosting

I think i will rename my character fillious fog

Yep makes sense Kinel and no doubt that is what happens, but just last night i jumped on logged in and went straight to dz and although 90% of players were from my region there was still a few UK and USA players.

Needless to say the first enemies i came across was jumping/skipping across the screen. He was there, i start shooting blink then he is behind a car, so i give chase then he was back int he middle of the street again, all within the blink of an eye.

Just wandering Have you guys turned off voip in the settings menu  

you wont be able to hear near by players though

i read voip it creates lag for players

This section in the forums says alot about your company. It also gives an idea about your capabilities as a company and developers with this kind of things. 

My suggestion: Just close this section as its completely pointless. Only support games you can, there is no point of the community suggesting games that you can't support - it will only consume your time responding to posts here.

Thanks fraser i will try it

Please report back how this worked. I haven't played Division in a while. I'm waiting for 1.2 to drop. But the Darkzone was always rather laggy for me. I haven't played it since I've purchased the NetDuma.

I've put out a test cloud, turn off auto & bleeding edge cloud and choose game server 12. I suspect it will need more testing but please let me know your results on this

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I've done all of this but I notice nothing in my Netduma.  When I play the Division it doesn't even show me connecting to any hosts.  It's done this on and off prior to these changes, btw.