Thanks Netduma!

Hi Guys,

To the developers and the community too I think because without feedback I am sure you will not be able to fine tune such a thing to how good it is today. I thought I'll take out time to write up a round of applause for what I have been experiencing for the past 2-3 weeks all thanks to Netduma and no I paid for my router and I'm your average gamer so no one is paying me to say this.

Buying the Netduma was one of the best more rewarding investments I have done off late as far as it goes to gaming. I spent money on expensive stuff, headsets, scuffs and whatnot hoping to get that edge but I always struggled. I live in a country which is strategically bad for gaming geographically. I live in Dubai. This country is plagued by poor routing within just two service providers and poor connectivity when it comes to centrally located servers in the EU because somehow the middle east is more EU than Asia. I don't understand this logic but whatever.

Take for instance Call of Duty Black Ops 3 - what pissed me off always was the stupid rumor that dedicated servers are the way to go! What the hell? Average ping times on said dedicated servers in Europe for us is average 130 to 150 ms and this is common to each and every game you play except for Valve games like CS and TF2 which have servers in this region now but that's too hardcore for your average gamer who comes home after a tired day of work and wants to stretch back with some no-one-cares COD, you know? So yeah, there used to be these 2 in 100 games where I noticed by ping used to be between 17 to 50 ms and I used to have the best games ever and all of us in this lobby used to stick together for 5-10 games clinging on for dear life praying the host does not disconnect. Is it not because we don't have ample players in the middle east it is because we get thrown into this same crappy EU "dedicated servers" which ruins it for us. Imagine playing on a 150 ms server for nearly 80% of your playtime - it was horrific.

It is not placebo when I say but Strict mode for life! Netduma does not allow me to ban these dedicated servers - don't quite know what truce you have with these guys but I understand if you do. But strict mode lets me search a game within my parameters which is within an 800 km radius and a less than 70ms ping. Yes, I'll take that. I kid you not the wait time was around 1 minute but I have found myself playing the best games each time every time and its not like its me who is lagging or placebo. Its the real deal - I see full bars for the ping and there are not hit marker problems. The game is so much smoother and you just do so so much better! So yes, P2P games are fun to play now. We all play in our regions till there comes a point in time and there is technology good enough that there be no lag or lag compensation! I have further tried this on the latest p2p game - Uncharted 4 and it has proved to be extremely effectively there as well.

Sadly, Battlefield 4, Destiny etc don't have a p2p option from what I understand and there are no servers local to me so I struggle there but there is little Netduma can do about it.

Once again, worth the money. So, Kudos! Sorry for the long post - just had to do it!

Cheers!~

-RyukDG

Yep agree with your post totally,blops3 its spoilt i see most games around 50 upto 70,seems to always play ok,of course its obviously not perfect.

But im mainly a Destiny player and thats always 180,250 300 ms spikes,but duma does its job the best it can.

• Administrators

Hey, thanks for writing that out, it's awesome to see we've improved gaming so much for you!

With Destiny it's mostly P2P but it does use dedicated servers as well occasionally. With strict mode off (which is what we recommend to prevent booting) it may connect you to a dedicated server if you can't connect to a player that's outside your radius.

Archived