Themes and designing your own theme !

Adam

Those of you who have updated will have hopefully by now discovered we have added themes to the R1 user interface.

Currently there is only one new theme, but over the course of the coming weeks we will be adding more.

We would love to offer you guys a chance to design your own theme. The one that we and you guys decide is the best one we will add on the R1

if you want to submit an idea or mock up you can either just photoshop, design your idea and send us a screen shot or if you are more techno minded can use something like stylish ( Chrome extension) and design one ( please post a screen shot not the actual css file.)

But with all good things there are some stipulations...

If you would like to submit an idea for a theme please read the following carefully.

1) All designs, logos, graphics you use must be 100% copyright free so no whacking your fav sports team logo on your design.

2) Your design is submitted to us on the understanding you grant us full and complete rights for FREE (creative commons license)  to use your design on our router interface, and to share it freely with other users.

3) You accept we may need to slightly alter your design to fit the ui .

4) The finished theme will be added once fully tested and no time frame is given to when it will be added ( due to small team, large work load)

5) Please post all design ideas on THIS thread only.

6) There is no prize other than your design is added onto the router themes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool if we could share and apply themes ourselves (which would in a sense work around the copyright issues), but I also understand how that could be a nightmare if someone releases a theme that inadvertently hides or overlaps some critical controls from the end user.

• Netduma Staff

I think it would be cool if we could share and apply themes ourselves (which would in a sense work around the copyright issues), but I also understand how that could be a nightmare if someone releases a theme that inadvertently hides or overlaps some critical controls from the end user.

You could do this by just sharing the CSS or something an the people you share with have the stylish extension installed in their browser :) If someone inadvertently hid an option, you should just remove/edit the custom CSS and it would come back :)

• Netduma Staff

This is my first attempt :D All I've done is change some colours and transparency and a few other things. There are some other things I changed as well. Like when boxes are unticked, hover overing things (the usual sort of stuff). Going to try and improve this a little bit but thought I would post and see if there is any constructive feedback :D I'm calling it "Stealth" (very original).

b615d079aac1a97ba8ba6ef83fef3edc.png

• Netduma Staff

I have tinkered with mine a bit more and changed  a few things to try and make it look nicer :) There is vid below which is shows it in action :D

EDIT:

I just rewatched this vid and unlike on my computer screen, you can actually see the lines from the repeating background. I'm going to try and fix it now :)

• Netduma Staff

wow, I wouldn't know where to start on getting it actually working like that. ;)

Is your photoshopped? I thought you had done some CSS. That is very good Photoshop if it is :D If you want to make one that is functioning, look up how to do CSS and install the chrome plugin Stylish. :)

Is your photoshopped? I thought you had done some CSS. That is very good Photoshop if it is :D If you want to make one that is functioning, look up how to do CSS and install the chrome plugin Stylish. :)

How do we add a background to the gui with stylish, ive looked but they only have ones that are made.

• Netduma Staff

How do we add a background to the gui with stylish, ive looked but they only have ones that are made.

body {
    background-color: #ffffff;
}

or

body {
    background: url("http://yourDomain.com/yourImage.jpeg")
}

Yes just threw it together in ps when I had a spare half hour, got a few others pics to put together a few ideas.

Cheers

• Netduma Staff

Yes just threw it together in ps when I had a spare half hour, got a few others pics to put together a few ideas.

Cheers

Nice, your looks good :) I'm out of likes atm :( But there is some stuff on this page I need to like, lol.

Archived