NetDuma Mobile App?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great idea! I'm not sure if you're a developer but we are thinking of making the services on the router available via a "web-service" only for local devices(you can't access from WAN side) so people could write their own cool UIs. For e.g. phone apps, PC widgets, etc. What do you think, yea or nay?

Guest Netduma_Iain

please don't do this...your web client should support all platforms (if by limiting features)

We wouldn't limit the web platform. It would just be for people to make slicker apps. For example the geo-filter is pretty hard to use on a phone relative to a desktop. So an App would be sweet I think.

Hi Lian and Adam :D

So happy to finally have my hands on your router!

I've barely scratched the surface with the features available.

But i'm already enjoying my console FPS gaming experience much more.

But i do have a few suggestions, and i can see myself having quite a few of them.

Mainly along the "ease of use" spectrum.

We wouldn't limit the web platform. It would just be for people to make slicker apps. For example the geo-filter is pretty hard to use on a phone relative to a desktop. So an App would be sweet I think.

I would welcome some sort of better support for mobile phone "tweaking" since it feels quite fiddly in it's current state of function.

I'm considering buying a cheap Tablet just to be able to navigate the interface more easily. 

The main problem I've encountered is trying to zoom in to check pings on overlapping red circles, the side bar tends to get in the way.

As well as when trying to "zoom" at time's I've found myself accidentally readjusting the "Filter by Distance" function.

What i would suggest, if at all possible! is something that shows all these "red circles" in a side bar, much like how you view your in game score board in most FPS games.

"it would be cool for it to be laid out like this since it would tie in with the whole gaming theme!"

The top position could be reserved for host, and everyone connected to that hosted laid out in position below in a table configuration.

You could then click on each individual player to check his/her ping / add - block - rate. 

I've found using the router for a short period of time, that this is what i want most out of it so far. 

The ability to check pings and connection information - the easier this is to do the more time i'll have to actually game. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok thanks for the feedback, I'll try get public services available as soon as possible. Unfortunately my time is getting eaten up at the moment on support. Which I'm sure will resolve it soon as we get the answer bank populated. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

This has given be another idea, may be Dale and OP were thinking this.

But it seems like you use our router in between games and get the ping running during the game. So the APP should also have info you like to have in between games, maybe twitter feed, your game stats history as a graph, reddit, I don't know. But all the info you want in one place real easy to use.

Just throwing it out there :S

• 6 months later...

I think an app would be awesome! I love the features on the R1 but it is kinda of scramble trying to ping the host and pick your class at the beginning of a game at the same time. Most of us have our phones right in front of us anyway, so why not make use of it? I think the "leaderboard" style player list would be cool too. That being said, I love my Duma either way :)

• Administrators

I think an app would be awesome! I love the features on the R1 but it is kinda of scramble trying to ping the host and pick your class at the beginning of a game at the same time. Most of us have our phones right in front of us anyway, so why not make use of it? I think the "leaderboard" style player list would be cool too. That being said, I love my Duma either way :)

SO happy you made an account with that name lol. Yeah an app is something we've been thinking about :) I'm going to lock this thread as its quite old, but please do make a post in introductions! :) 

Archived