Porting new games for the R1

Guest Netduma Fraser

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey guys, we want to start porting more games so that they work with the Geo-filter. The games we are specifically interested in are as follows: 

• Madden
  • NFL
  • WWE, etc

However, we welcome all suggestions as to what you want ported :)

So to save us from going through all the testing ourselves and buying lots of games, if you have a game you want ported and would like to help us out we will be dedicating 7-9pm GMT weekdays to porting games with your help. 

Post what you would like ported and if you would be willing to help out :)

Thanks guys and no worries if you cant help out, if theres enough interest in a particular game we'll get it  :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Trevor we will start porting very soon. Just setting up our development server then they will come quick and fast mate. 

Iain you may want to look at Halo MCC as well. I know it's not officially supported yet but something has changed with matchmaking.

Taking an age to get games now unless strict is off or geo-filter off (very similar to Halo 5 beta matchmkaing). Of course it could be a low player population count in Europe but can't imagine it is that low!

Guest Netduma_Iain

I've been using it for hardcore when it works its freakin amazing but game searches are slow. Yes we should check it out for sure. What playlist you on buds?

Been sticking to standard Team Slayer playlist as I am guessing it had greatest population and therefore most chance of quick matchmaking. Hard to guage though without playlist numbers.

I've had no problems really till latest patch hit (couple of weeks now?). Noticeable shift in matching players globally (or UK and USA at any rate). Really similar to how the beta matchmaking went hence why I think they have tweaked it. Also getting higer proportion of dedicated servers. Understandably though if higher percentage of players in match are American then it selects an American dedi.

Guest Netduma_Iain

OK Buds I will definitely try get this sorted next week. Just need to sort out dev server and few features. Then I'm going to draw a line under development and work on porting games, adding VPN servers, etc. 

I find the best way to find amazing lobbies in any of the bf games aret o shrink your filter and just use ping assist. It always says that the server is in the middle of the country even though I get less than 10 ms ping to it. Set your ping assist to 30 and you're good to go!!

Thanks buds, its not only in your interest but mine as well haha!

I know :)

That's why I'm confident you'll find a solution. Although they may have tweaked it again. Had 4-5 games over lunch and all Euopean servers. Any I doubt the player population in Europe is better at 1pm on a Friday afternoon than 8pm at night.

Guest Netduma_Iain

we can do it togther when you get time because hardcore definately works for me its just slow as hell. But its slow as hell with the filter off as well :S

Oh it works with strict on, but it's slow as hell too!

Quick matchmaking with it off but not finding the European players I'd expect. Gives us an excuse to play some halo! :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Definately... I'm gonna take a small break from dev and focus on game porting and adding VPN servers. So lots of gaming next week :D 

Definately... I'm gonna take a small break from dev and focus on game porting and adding VPN servers. So lots of gaming next week :D

I'm wanting to buy BF: Hardline but there's no support outside of quickmatch, if I buy the game can I help?

Archived