A Wonderful Product and Gaming Experience

Marvin

My setup, XB1 and playing COD:AW.

I got to experience game play last night using the R1 and I must state, I was blown away!!!

I cannot express my gratitude enough to all involved with Netduma and the R1.

I really do not know where to start ...

I can not remember the last time I got to play a game of COD without being hindered to death with lag, but that all changed last night, nearly perfect connectivity.

I was completely astounded at how the R1 shows the POOR MATCHING that takes place within COD, it is truly unbelievable what these developers have done!

Without the R1, no one would EVER KNOW how bad the matchmaking algorithms are, it is beyond comprehension, no excuse/justification is acceptable, period!

I live in the US, somewhere in the middle, I cannot believe that the COD matchmaking algorithms were trying to put people in from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, the middle East, etc. ... as big as the US and player pool is, there is absolutely no reason to include people in the lobby outside of the US.

Please understand, I am not knocking my brothers and sisters from other countries, but if you are here, reading this forum, then you know, I am referring to connectivity.

I'm just astounded that any developer would forgo connectivity as a primary property/attribute of matchmaking algorithms. I do not care what ACTIV or any of their studios, the people who they have do their bidding (Drift0r, etc.) state, they have pushed aside connectivity for other properties/attributes within the matchmaking algorithms ... and this product corrects that mistake.

So again, I can not express enough thanks/gratitude to Netduma and all of their staff, you gentlemen have out done yourselves and gave the gaming community a wonderful product/tool.

If anyone is having doubts that this product functions as advertise, rest assured, it does exactly what they states it does.

What ping are you running. I can't get mine under 40. Not saying that's a bad ping cause its not just wondering what everybody else is getting.

Depending on how far I set the geo location, 20ms-60ms, I never ran across anything over 60ms and would state the average ping throughout the evening was 35-40ms.

Set your filter to 300, I consistently get games between 8-25 ms ping.

I went a little wider and had 4 friends in the white list (none of them were over 50ms from me), we all enjoyed a wonderful evening of gaming, we forgot what that was like to have fun.

Thank you Netduma from providing a product that put fun back in gaming.

*envy dripping into pool on floor*  I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the R1 performance.  I can NOT wait for that damn postman..... *runs to window and looks for the 943rd time*

Dillinger, I hope it gets to you soon brother, we all deserve to have fun and not be constantly aggravated.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I am just wondering, I'm very interested in this product (living in Hawaii) but I'm trying to find out if the software that comes with the R1 is mac compatible? 

As long as you have a device with a web browser you can access our control panel and use all the features :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

@Dansby if I set my Geo at 300 it will pull me in and out of matches and won't find a game.

Hey Teh1, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix that should be in an upgrade in the next couple of days. In the mean time, expand your Geo-filter a bit more. Whats happening is its blocking a Microsoft server. Expanding your Geo-filter will allow you to catch it and then be able to stay in games. Hope that helps. 

Hey Teh1, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix that should be in an upgrade in the next couple of days. In the mean time, expand your Geo-filter a bit more. Whats happening is its blocking a Microsoft server. Expanding your Geo-filter will allow you to catch it and then be able to stay in games. Hope that helps.

Not worried at all man I know the customer service is top notch and this router is kinda a work in progress. Just glad I'm a part of it!

That was a nice review and accurate.  I still have some bs moments but it's most likely the other players connection to the host and not mine (I'm always 25-60ms).  There isn't anything you can do about this.  It's just a huge flaw with the game.

I live in Michigan and I've been matched with people from France all the way to Brazil.  Absolutely rediculous.  I love in the latest AW patch notes it say "improved matchmaking".........yeah right.  I didn't see anything improve, location wise anyway.   I enjoy turning off the geofilter just to see where I'm searching for games.  All you can do is shake your head.

That was a nice review and accurate.  I still have some bs moments but it's most likely the other players connection to the host and not mine (I'm always 25-60ms).  There isn't anything you can do about this.  It's just a huge flaw with the game.

I live in Michigan and I've been matched with people from France all the way to Brazil.  Absolutely rediculous.  I love in the latest AW patch notes it say "improved matchmaking".........yeah right.  I didn't see anything improve, location wise anyway.   I enjoy turning off the geofilter just to see where I'm searching for games.  All you can do is shake your head.

It's what most people have suspected for a long time but had no easy, credible way of seeing AND showing others.

When you show just network packets (ip, mac, geo location on said packet) via a sniffer, people tend to think ... oh your just trying to hack the game!

Not any more, I state again, now that we have the R1 and the Netduma staff are considered trustworthy, we have a TOOL to see and back up our statements when engaging in conversation regarding our gaming connectivity experiences.

So again, big time thanks to the R1 and the entire Netduma staff, you guys ROCK!

Archived