Destiny player from Aus

Scotteot

Hi Guys

I just bought a Netduma the other day and seem to have it working for the most part.

I predominantly play Destiny and i've found that it can take a while to find matches in PvP.

Any other Destiny players in Aus that have tips I could try?

The modem I use is an old Netcomm NB6 Rev2 that I snagged from work, but I also have a Fritzbox 7390 that could use instead if that would help, or if anyone could recommend me a better modem I don't mind buying one.

I can't say much about the Aus part, other than a hearty "G'day!"

For using the Netduma with Destiny, I do that regularly. Getting PVP matches will take longer with the Geo Filter on as you will be blocking connections outside the set range. I've had match making sit for an average of three minutes or so.

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any issues and we'll be able to help. We're sure you'll love it :)

I'm not sure as to the population in Aus for Destiny but as you are filtering to get better connections search times may be increased.

Hey thanks guys

I thought It might have been a population thing, as i'm sure there probably aren't as many Destiny players in Aus, especially these days.

I'll have a better look at it this weekend.

Does the modem make much of a difference? Should I replace the one I have?

It's an old one so i'm a bit iffy on it lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi buddy welcome to the forums. If searching is taking longer just increase your range. I highly recommend having strict mode unticked. If you're on version 1.03.6 please use the "Destiny" profile.

• 1 month later...

Yeh fine actually, thanks.

I did start using the built in Destiny profile and it works great. I'm finding games quickly with the majority of players within Australia. 

I also found some other suggestions a while back, can't remember where now, about turning off ipv6 and deep packet processing which seemed to help, or could have just been coincidence.

The only very minor annoyance is when I go to the geo filter page I have to untick auto ping and tick the peer ping option every time, is there a way to make these options change with the profile?

Set the geo-filter to encompass AU and NZ, which is around 3500km if you bang your location roughly in the middle of the eastern seaboard so that Perth and the east of NZ are just within the boundaries. 

This prevents everyone from Asia (mostly Singapore and Japan) from connecting to the lobby, except Papua New Guinea and parts of Indo (no-one ever seems to join from there anyway...) and is speedy enough to allow for quick matchmaking.

Ping seems to work fine at around 50ms, any lower and matchmaking slows to a crawl. You'll still get 80-100ms players joining from the extremities of the geo-filter, but that's still within the bounds of tolerable lag.

• Administrators

Yeh fine actually, thanks.

I did start using the built in Destiny profile and it works great. I'm finding games quickly with the majority of players within Australia. 

I also found some other suggestions a while back, can't remember where now, about turning off ipv6 and deep packet processing which seemed to help, or could have just been coincidence.

The only very minor annoyance is when I go to the geo filter page I have to untick auto ping and tick the peer ping option every time, is there a way to make these options change with the profile?

Enable cookies in misc settings :)

Archived