Anti Flood settings with low bandwidth

SmallCaps

It kind depends your own situation,I just got a dedicated gaming line and it's a lot slower than what I had for the rest of the house.I now have 13/1.2 and I find that I set my sliders higher 90/90 and I run preemptive but again your milage may very.

Just play around with your settings and see what you come up with.you can always go to dslreports.com/speedtest and check buffer bloat to give you an idea on if your in the ball park or not.

Are there any general rules to the Anti Flood settings depending the down and up speeds?

Say for example: slower connection = set it more (or less?) than 70%.

Or is it just all random, depending on other things?

There is enough bandwidth there for gaming, so on the surface that is a good line as long as you have a good jitter free ping :)

I used to game on those exact speeds not so long ago and 70 each way worked wonders while my son was also on line with his gaming and youtubing.

Z,is so right it's not the speed it's the quality of your line.And mine was horrible ( ping spikes constantly from 25 wish to over 70) which is why I went with DSL and the reason it's a dedicated gaming line is it's not enough to run the rest of my house on it's own.So kept the other ISP (Charter) for the rest of the house and got AT&T Uverse for my PS4 and my laptop I use with the Duma.

Z,is so right it's not the speed it's the quality of your line.And mine was horrible ( ping spikes constantly from 25 wish to over 70) which is why I went with DSL and the reason it's a dedicated gaming line is it's not enough to run the rest of my house on it's own.So kept the other ISP (Charter) for the rest of the house and got AT&T Uverse for my PS4 and my laptop I use with the Duma.

And how is AT&T so far?

And how is AT&T so far?

It's stable as hell,slighter higher ping than Charter but it's not all over the place,pretty much a flat line even while in game.Which I have never had before... :D

Ok, the tiny scientist in me have now tested different Anti Flood settings with my 0.6-0.9 mbit (can be quite wobbly) up connection.

When I have Upload Cap on the default 70% I get red bar about 20-25% of the time when playing Destiny Crucible.

Increased the Upload Cap to 80% and have not experienced any red so far. Occasionally yellow 10-15% of the time, but a massive difference in playability for me.

I hope others can benefit from my "research".  Cheers! :)

Archived