geo-filter comment

i think netduma  is a great router in as far as the geofilter is concerned ,blocking servers and other countries overseas is the greatest idea ever. youve made a great contribution as far as routers go ,theres no other out there. 

my suggestion to netduma is to implement a router with only the geo filter or with a separate program by itself with the router but none of the lag reducing software inside, let us handle that. to tell you the truth isnt it the geofilter what everybody wants?

the geofilter i believe is at the heart of the netduma and can take care of the problems most people face which is servers and out of country players causing most if not all the lag. you have improved on it by leaps and bounds since its inception. please continue on this project further.

in as far as the geo-filter combined with the lag reducing software, i believe it is unnecessary to continue adding anymore to the netduma in that area. has anybody tried to use the netduma with the filter by itself?, all you need is something to deactivate the rest and leave the geofilter on by itself. theres no way of telling just how much it contributes to reducing lag unless you can. 

work on the geofilter netduma ,leave the rest to us. im not sure if youve understood the importance of your geofilter as a lag reduction implement by itself, you have the answer just too many other additions ,like ddwrt,tomato,and openwrt already have. youve got the into the greatest router there ever was just my take on which direction the netduma needs to take ,thanks for listening.

For me the congestion control is the greatest part of the Netduma stopping my son from creating jitter on local network no other device has done it so effectively.

When my network is at 70% each way CC and I download using the whole 70% my ping rise by only 1ms.

The Netduma is filtering and also using congestion control to keep lag to a minimum, I think your missing the whole picture on how to prevent what is in our control to prevent lag.

For me the congestion control is the greatest part of the Netduma stopping my son from creating jitter on local network no other device has done it so effectively.

When my network is at 70% each way CC and I download using the whole 70% my ping rise by only 1ms.

The Netduma is filtering and also using congestion control to keep lag to a minimum, I think your missing the whole picture on how to prevent what is in our control to prevent lag.

yes thats true, thankyou "Zennon" for reading my comment ,i bought this because of the geo filter and can only praise its effectiveness, its "unique" which is what im really saying.

• Administrators

Great to hear you're enjoying the Geo-filter! 

The point of congestion control as well is that distance isn't the only contributing factor to your games ping. It goes like this base ping + distance to travel + queuing = games ping. We can't improve your base ping so we we help with the other two factors. We're the only router to do both of those. 

Great to hear you're enjoying the Geo-filter! 

The point of congestion control as well is that distance isn't the only contributing factor to your games ping. It goes like this base ping + distance to travel + queuing = games ping. We can't improve your base ping so we we help with the other two factors. We're the only router to do both of those. 

hello Fraser ,nice of you to have read my comments on the the geo filter, i totally agree with you, i thought about it and after awhile ,i see how they compliment each other too.

Archived