COD profile question

billcline

Some people put their home location in the middle of the ocean so that they are finding games via ping assist only. I think that's what that profile is trying to achieve. I personally don't use that.

The COD Ultimate profile is pretty much what I was using before but I use an accurate-ish home location. The congestion sliders set to 70%, no share excess, PS4 gets 30 on the device slider as its just between that and my PC. I set my radius to cover the bottom half of England and that's what's worked best since I got the R1. It's just a matter of playing around with the settings to find the most consistent ones.  

like SecretFace said, that profile is used for finding the best possible connections the NetDuma can find which is why your location is put in the ocean because it'll search for ping instead of location.

I wouldn't take profiles off others though as we all have different connections and we all have different settings that work for each other.

Some settings we will all run as they're universal but I'd just have a mess about with your location radius and ping assist and see where you sweet spot is for your location/connection.

OK, I live in the USA, midwest. Home location is the ocean.

I have it set to the ultimate, and ping assist to 60. Im beasting in the game but taking forever to get into a game.

Also, Im having difficulty having friends join me

• Administrators

I have it set to the ultimate, and ping assist to 60. Im beasting in the game but taking forever to get into a game.

Filtering can increase search times but means you're not getting horrible games.

To play with friends follow this guide - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list

Filtering can increase search times but means you're not getting horrible games.

To play with friends follow this guide - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list

I meant if I set it to ultimate, friends no longer seem to be able to join.....they were on the list before.

Also, if I set a profile, go to a different router screen, then go back to the profile screen...it says "general gaming" in the profile.

• Netduma Staff

I meant if I set it to ultimate, friends no longer seem to be able to join.....they were on the list before.

Also, if I set a profile, go to a different router screen, then go back to the profile screen...it says "general gaming" in the profile.

Just disable the GeoFilter so that they can join. That doesn't matter as you've already loaded the profile.

I live in NJ but love the Texas server on xbone its a 60 ms ping for me but its a flatline ping and seems to work great for me most the time. 

• Administrators

how long does it take to let them join? i disable it and they cant join.

If it's disabled and they can't join then it is most likely a NAT or game issue, when it's disabled it acts like a regular router.

The closest server to me is in Seattle but for some reason my X1 will not connect to it even if I place my home location right next to it.

If it doesn't want to put you there it won't if there are other servers it can go for with your radius.

one of my original questions hasnt been answered yet.

when I load a profile and leave that page and return to it, it says "general gaming" not the profile I selected

It does to everyone's I believe, doesn't mean its not changed, mine does it.

Baz.

Im still having trouble getting people to connect to me.

Specifically strangers that I have never met before that are trying to join the party. If I change the geo filter to the region the yellow icon is popping up in, and they can still not join, what do I do? I have also tried adding them to the filter and it will not let them in.

Not a big deal for me but I'm still getting the error message 'Failed: unable to import profile for unknown reason' when trying to save my current settings profile.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11158-wont-let-me-save-a-profile/

Should I request a 1 on 1 or is there an incoming fix for this?

Like I say not a major issue for me just would be handy to switch between profiles.  :)

• Administrators

If this is the same issue I resolved in a 1 on 1 make sure you're not saving/importing a profile that has either a Geo or Hyper traffic service as a port. It won't save when a port rather than a service is selected - this is a bug.

Archived