New Feature, Temp Ban for dedicated Servers

Limagreen

A Huge thank you to Iain and the Netduma Team for the new Firmware update. The update is great, and thank you especially for the Temp Ban feature which lets me block some of the under performing dedicated servers. This leaves me free to join Peer to Peer hosts, as well as connecting to dedicated servers where i get smoother connections. 

The new firmware runs really well, and shows the improvements you have been working on.

Great job, keep it up guys. Looking forward to the anti jitter feature in the next release.

• Administrators

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much!

i cant temp ban at the moment the option is not showing im goner reboot everything

You need to click on a host, if it's a dedicated server it will have the temp ban button in the host descriptor box. 

If it just has an update button it is a player host.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much!

You need to click on a host, if it's a dedicated server it will have the temp ban button in the host descriptor box. 

If it just has an update button it is a player host.

There is a server in New Jersey that I play on all the time. It does not have the temp ban option. But I am pretty sure its a dedi. I run a 11ms ping to it

There is a server in New Jersey that I play on all the time. It does not have the temp ban option. But I am pretty sure its a dedi. I run a 11ms ping to it

If you can get the IP address, they can check it for you and make sure it's a dedi and isn't mis-located.

• Administrators

If you can get the IP address, they can check it for you and make sure it's a dedi and isn't mis-located.

Yeah grab the ID and I can check it.

It comes up with different IDs each time I hit it.. But according to my Geo filter it always shows up in the mid New Jersey area.. And I always have a 10-11ms ping to it. So I doubt its p2p. 

That is most likely because there are MULTIPLE SERVERS in each building location.  They rent rack space and stack em high, so banning one doesn't ban the building.  

• Administrators

It comes up with different IDs each time I hit it.. But according to my Geo filter it always shows up in the mid New Jersey area.. And I always have a 10-11ms ping to it. So I doubt its p2p. 

As long as I have one ID I can determine if it is a server and if so if it's part of a cluster of servers.

There are some banks that have up to 15 servers in the same bank,so start checking the ID's to make your gaming better as some play good some not so good.

Archived