R1 Issue

It could be of total coincidence, but after experiencing some rage-inducing lag filled games of COD AW/BF4, I decided to hook up my Netgear Nighthawk. I played as close to lag free as I've experienced in quite some time. I lagged one game (I was on a VERY rare 3 bar) so I left and lag was gone in next lobby. My question is why is this the case. It feels like the geo-filter on the R1 isn't working. I get thrown into lobbies where I purportedly have a 4 bar, yet it feels like a negative 4 bar. Another question mixed in with some of my own speculation. If you hit the start button while on MP menu in COD, it will bring up settings like sensitivity, safe area, etc. Go to the bottom of the list and you will see system info. What does the system bandwidth actually measure (uplink? downlink?)? Anyway, I've noticed that when that number is 2mbps or higher, the quality of games is usually noticeably better than when that number falls below 2mbps. My bandwidth through my ISP is 50/25. Why is my reported bandwidth < 10% of my bandwidth that is confirmed through speedtest.net?

Guest Netduma_Iain

The xbox or console tests are always reporting lower I wouldn't focus to much on it. I think it's server limited not local limited.

I don't know what the bars mean in cod that's why we introduced the ping feature as it gives more details description.

Sounds like you were playin higher ping loobies which universally means worse gameplay.

The xbox or console tests are always reporting lower I wouldn't focus to much on it. I think it's server limited not local limited.

I don't know what the bars mean in cod that's why we introduced the ping feature as it gives more details description.

Sounds like you were playin higher ping loobies which universally means worse gameplay.

Yes obviously I was playing in higher ping lobbies lol. Thats the point im trying to make. Why even with geo filter home set to the middle of the atlantic and ping assist set to 50 I get thrown into atrocious game after atrocious game? Yet literally the first game I use my Netgear I drop a DNA bomb. Something is very wrong with this picture.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I see what you're saying it's probably beause your filtering to much by being in the Atlantic it I had to make a guess.

Also I imagine sample size is too low. But if for some reason you like to high ping games no problem move your home to Australia and restart the game :P

Guest Netduma Fraser

no was hovering around 80 to 100 ms

Did you by any chance have your filter in Europe and not wait 2 minutes for everything to disappear before moving the location and searching?

Guest Netduma Fraser

nope

If you do a hard refresh on the control panel by pressing Ctrl + F5 on windows or Cmd + R on mac does the location move to Europe?

Guest Netduma Fraser

ive refreshed 3 times since i have left that lobby earlier

If you let the Geo-filter completely clear and then search for a game does it happen still?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Talked to a1pha in chat. Bleeding edge cloud was on, once turned off the Geo-filter appeared to work as normal. Hopefully it will continue to behave correctly :)

Just a reminder for everyone, bleeding edge cloud is only for people who like to test things as it may degrade performance as its not been tested fully. 

Archived