Quick questions

ValiantViper

does the BT hub disconnect through WIFI? if it's disconnecting trough ethernet you might want to ring your ISP up and question why your connection is cutting out all the time. I have a Super Hub which never cuts out through ethernet but from time to time may lose connection depending on where I am in the house when I'm on WIFI...

Welcome to the forum! 

You can choose advanced and use the ports if you know what they are for the specific games but you can't really do it for console games.

I would contact BT about why that could be occurring.

yes i have phoned them up before, it use to happen to the hub 4 and i have had my hub 5 replaced 2 times, it dont do it on wifi, the whole internet goes down my hub 5 just flashes orange and comes back online after 1 min around.

i only pc game really for that vpn thing do i need to do that port thing or can i choose other games that im playing on my pc from the advanced tab? 

You probably have a noise issue on your line.

Do you here crackling or any type of noise when you pick up the phone?

6db is the optimum signal to noise ratio, if it drops because of EMI, REIN, etc the HH are not good at holding on to the SNRM when it gets low so it is probably hitting 2db and re syncing trying to get back to 6db then the process starts all over again.

You may have a higher SNRM given to you by the DLM.

Can you grab me your HH router line stats? and I will have a look at them.

You probably have a noise issue on your line.

Do you here crackling or any type of noise when you pick up the phone?

6db is the optimum signal to noise ratio, if it drops because of EMI, REIN, etc the HH are not good at holding on to the SNRM when it gets low so it is probably hitting 2db and re syncing trying to get back to 6db then the process starts all over again.

You may have a higher SNRM given to you by the DLM.

Can you grab me your HH router line stats? and I will have a look at them.

sorry i dont know much about this stuff lol how do i get the HH line stats and if its easy to do so? sorry again.

Copy & paste into the address bar http://www.bthomehub.home/

Default admin password is on the card on the back of the hub.
If this is the 1st time you have been to the Hub manager you will have to change & set your admin password.

Then look for the statistics it is apparently here.

> Troubleshooting
> Helpdesk

It might be a router issue as the home hubs are sometimes a bit flaky, but it would be good to have some ammo when you ring BT up.

If this is the 1st time you have been to the Hub manager you will have to change & set your admin password.

> Troubleshooting

> Helpdesk

It might be a router issue as the home hubs are sometimes a bit flaky, but it would be good to have some ammo when you ring BT up.

> Troubleshooting

> Helpdesk

yh i did look there before u post but could not find but now i found some information tab it says this.

Noise margin: 6.8/7.1

Line attenuation: 16.0/15.9

Signal attenuation: 15.9/15.9

with other stuff like serial number etc but i dont think that would be useful to paste.

if it is due to noise can this be fixed by changing stuff and if so what exactly would i need to changed? 

Your noise margin is good there , has it rebooted tonight at all?

Do you have the HH right next to the master socket with no telephone extension wire?

not cut out today but it does very often randomly.

i have openreach socket thing on the wall with a wire connecting to it and the phone and 1 wire going into my router dsl i think, and yes the phone is right next to my router there all in the same area.

Noise will get worse on a night when streetlights start and more people are home using electronic devices, keep and eye on it if it does not drop tonight then i doubt its a noise issue as your SNRM is perfect right now.

But It could be a electric fence that comes on at a certain time, it may be an external line issue like the line itself or the exchange, or it could be the home hub so many variables.

Archived