JD's Headphone Quest - Noise Cancelling for gaming?

Dillinger

Because of your experience, I ensured that my x7 and other products on my desk are positioned so the cables cannot get caught by the dog (or me).  Also, I placed the equipment is ways that hinder falling off the desk.  

Have you tried to file another claim with the insurance?  Have you contacted Amazon about the insurance?  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of your experience, I ensured that my x7 and other products on my desk are positioned so the cables cannot get caught by the dog (or me).  Also, I placed the equipment is ways that hinder falling off the desk.  

Have you tried to file another claim with the insurance?  Have you contacted Amazon about the insurance?  

I am glad my shit luck and experience have made others better prepared. :)

I went up two levels of "management" with the insurance provider, Warrantech.  They already have a couple of other customers currently going at them with BBB complaints (based on Twitter responses and links), so I think they are just a shitty company that needs to be put down.  It sounds like they are very hard to deal with, intentionally, and they rarely provide the "replacement aspect" of their promise.

I did file a complaint with Amazon and I did get a very professional response.  They did credit me the $18 or so dollars I paid for the insurance, and that was almost immediate as I read the response.  Outside of that, it was basically the "we are a re-seller, we aren't in a position to replace/repair...yada, yada".  

I don't feel Amazon did anything wrong, it's the "service" provided by the seller (Creative) and the insurance company that has blown enough clown dick to get the contract.  I did see that another company is now offering insurance through Amazon on electronics with a recent purchase, so maybe I am one of many who have reached out about Warrantech. *shrug*

All in all, a terrible experience.  If the product wasn't performing well otherwise, I would be doing a YouTube video for Creative with their broken unit and about a pound of binary explosives called Tannerite.   <_<  :ph34r:

I dont want to sound harsh but I can see where they are coming from , we would not warranty a laptop that had been dropped either, but I understand your frustration, this is a insurance job.

I dont want to sound harsh but I can see where they are coming from , we would not warranty a laptop that had been dropped either, but I understand your frustration, this is a insurance job.

And I don't disagree.  I dropped it, and I am willing to PAY to have it repaired.  However don't sell me "drop and spill" insurance if it really isn't.  And if you are going to produce a $400 niche' piece of equipment, and have ZERO FUCKING INTEREST in providing repair service after the fact, then don't tout your "comprehensive" warranty.

We should start a x7 donation thread.  After such a shitty experience, you need some good karma.

It's all good man.  My Karma bank gets replenishment frequently to keep the balance.  I had a heavy withdrawal one day in January about a dozen years ago and I am still here, so it's always on my mind.  :D

No worries, I am back and able to game with my Astros while this gets worked out.  With the remodel kicking off, I won't have a ton of time to game anyways, so it is probably good that I am not addicted to gaming right now...LOL

Oh so they have a drop warranty and they are not willing to stand by that , oh right thats out of order then, I had missed that part of the thread.

Wow quite the saga. If there was an unlike button I would have been jamming it on these last posts. I'll definitely take steps to secure it from my 3 dogs. They all have space boundary issues, and very active tails.

It's whack that you have to get all up in people's faces to get any type of service.

The 880 are very flat sounding headphone apparently, I have the Beyerdynamic t1 and they are also flat with me having to EQ the 30 and 60hz ranges up considerably.

If like like a bit of bass in your explosions you will have to EQ.

Out of my aray of headphones the best for gaming are the Philips fidelio x2's plenty of bass slam and the sound stage is huge they do better than my flagship Beyers, incredible.

So Zen to your trained ear, you think the Fidelio x2 is just as good as a 600 ohm set of cans? My knowledge base is all literary at this point. I have the sony's you recommended. Theyre great. I just thought it would be cool to see what the dac could do with a set of cans with a higher resistance.

It's all good man.  My Karma bank gets replenishment frequently to keep the balance.  I had a heavy withdrawal one day in January about a dozen years ago and I am still here, so it's always on my mind.   :D

No worries, I am back and able to game with my Astros while this gets worked out.  With the remodel kicking off, I won't have a ton of time to game anyways, so it is probably good that I am not addicted to gaming right now...LOL

So again I ask since everything is going so well for you brother...Can I come and stay with you during the renovations,just to add to all the stress... :D

And my brother JD's Karma bank is always replenished as that's what happens to good people.And it sucks that it happened,I do find myself snickering at the situation as I know JD pretty well,so he'll understand why.

I just hope it gets resolved in the correct manner as it should and in a timely fashion.

Hee Hee Hee...love ya brother... ;)

The ohms things just mean they need more juice to be powered it does not make them better.

The x2's are not as good as the T1s, the T1s were 5 times the price though, but they are more fun, and for gaming they are much better.

I would recommend the x2's over the 880's for sure.

The soundstage and the depth of the image is quality and you will not get better at their price range.

Oh so they have a drop warranty and they are not willing to stand by that , oh right thats out of order then, I had missed that part of the thread.

The insurance that was "suggested" at check out was "Drop and Spill", which I copied and sent in with the request.  That started my Rage-o-Meter rising when they took 8 days to get me registered and a request filed, only for it to be denied in less than 7 hours (an overnight e-mail).

When I contacted Creative, they were very nice and helpful.  "No problem, take a couple of shots of the damage and send them to our helpful e-mail address and we will help you".

And then I did, only to find out, well....

So again I ask since everything is going so well for you brother...Can I come and stay with you during the renovations,just to add to all the stress... :D

And my brother JD's Karma bank is always replenished as that's what happens to good people.And it sucks that it happened,I do find myself snickering at the situation as I know JD pretty well,so he'll understand why.

I just hope it gets resolved in the correct manner as it should and in a timely fashion.

Hee Hee Hee...love ya brother... ;)

No, no, no, 1,000 times no!  You can not come and "help" with the remodel.  I don't want your Wookie fur getting everywhere and I don't have a gym with enough weight to keep you occupied.  :D

No, no, no, 1,000 times no!  You can not come and "help" with the remodel.  I don't want your Wookie fur getting everywhere and I don't have a gym with enough weight to keep you occupied.   :D

LMAO,your killing me brother.That was just what I needed,you made my day.

Archived