4 Bars VS 3 Bars

tradie77

I have a 4 bar connection to the host and some players on the other side have a 3 bar. Can anyone explain why my shots don't register on the 3 bar players but they are able to kill me in what seems to be 1, 2 shots. I thought having a 4 bar connection vs a 3 bar connection to the host would give me a slight advantage. Thanks Guys

Guest Netduma_Iain

I can't help I'm afraid as I don't have enough experience with cod to comment, as obliviously I'm not part of their development team. 

I have a 4 bar connection to the host and some players on the other side have a 3 bar. Can anyone explain why my shots don't register on the 3 bar players but they are able to kill me in what seems to be 1, 2 shots. I thought having a 4 bar connection vs a 3 bar connection to the host would give me a slight advantage. Thanks Guys

Simple answer what you see on your see screen is historic, a 3 bar player takes longer to update the host which in turn means longer for you to get an update of where or what that player is doing, while this may only be a few tens of miliseconds , the result is what you see on your screen is where the player was last , when you start shooting you are shooting at basically a ghost .  Hitmarks are rendered client side so that's why you get more hit markers against laggy players.

Its unfortunately the way the internet/ online games work and while you can mitigate the VISUAL  effects of latency in game with various methods ( what people call lag comp) ultimately you are dealing with immutable laws of physics .

I will add though in the scenario you described the 3 bar would need to have gotten the drop on you and fired first 

Ahh no better person to answer this question than Adam as lets just say he knows his shit.The whole host side /client side thing can get confusing.The way i look at it is what your seeing has already happend if your the 4 bar and he's the 3 bar,as Adam said it takes longer to update host.

And what you see in the kill cam is never accurate and a bad indicator of what's really going on during mulitplayer.

Ive dealt with 3bar for 80,000 kills and didnt really bother me that much. Theres some 3bar that are really shitty though. Are you playing low population playlist? I cant use the Netduma whenever I play with friends because it takes ages to find games when we play Ranked play. I feel like ive wasted $200 lol

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ive dealt with 3bar for 80,000 kills and didnt really bother me that much. Theres some 3bar that are really shitty though. Are you playing low population playlist? I cant use the Netduma whenever I play with friends because it takes ages to find games when we play Ranked play. I feel like ive wasted $200 lol

Sorry to hear that Knxwledge. Have you added your friends to your allow list? How big is your radius?

Sorry to hear that Knxwledge. Have you added your friends to your allow list? How big is your radius?

Yes, 3 of em are on my allow list and my radius is set to 1000 miles. I think its because Ranked Play has really low population.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes, 3 of em are on my allow list and my radius is set to 1000 miles. I think its because Ranked Play has really low population.

Yeah that is probably why. How do you find it with more populated game modes?

I have the most trouble when I play Advanced Warfare, seems like every game I'll have 1 or 2 3bar players in the game who I just cant kill. Unfortunately AW doesn't show you how many player are online.  It happens alot less in Black Ops 2 though. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Knowledge I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried increasing you geo-filter or moving to different locations. Also I'd suggest increasing your PA to at least 50ms(you'll likely get lower games than that). Start a new thread and we can help you optimise it 

I have the most trouble when I play Advanced Warfare, seems like every game I'll have 1 or 2 3bar players in the game who I just cant kill. Unfortunately AW doesn't show you how many player are online.  It happens alot less in Black Ops 2 though.

You can only control your ping with the R1, but if some players with poor connection are thrown into the lobby then there's going to be some issues like that. Unfortunately, out of your control and just how the game is.

Pls pls I need help. I need a one on one with a netduma associate. I just received my router two days ago. I just want u guys to see if I have the optimum settings.also my nat type is open but when I go to device manager I still see the blue box pls pls pls I need a metduma associate for a one on one. Thank you

anyway i can throttle my connection to a 3 bar?

Here's how you do it without cheating.  Set your geofilter about 1500 miles from your home location, then you'll connect to servers that you'll have about a 3 bar connection to.

Only problem is that you'll lose a lot of gunfights to all the guys with better ping than you.  3 bar is what I play with when my connection is at it's best, lol

i dont know why i get connecetd to new jersey servers all the time. i moved my location to florida and still connected me to new jersey. half of the americans live in new jersey. how can i connect to another server. jersery server is really bad. they have lots of people on it which makes it so laggy. even when i put it on strict mode. i even go as far as not including it in my radius but its still finds a way to connect to it with(like a broken circle). pls help

You can only control your end of things, some things will just be out of your control. There's always going to be some lag and WTF moments but at least you can minimize them. You can try to get into a lobby that is close to you to minimize your ping to the host, keep your bandwidth from getting congested, and also make sure the monitor or tv that you game on has a low latency so that it doesn't add to the delay that is already present.

Guest Netduma Fraser

i dont know why i get connecetd to new jersey servers all the time. i moved my location to florida and still connected me to new jersey. half of the americans live in new jersey. how can i connect to another server. jersery server is really bad. they have lots of people on it which makes it so laggy. even when i put it on strict mode. i even go as far as not including it in my radius but its still finds a way to connect to it with(like a broken circle). pls help

Take a look at these, they will definitely help :) http://wiki.netduma...._the_lobby_game please also bare in mind our anti cheat as well as this could be a factor http://wiki.netduma....d=gf_anti_cheat

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just to let everyone know I don't want to cheat while playing, I just want to know how things work so i can be more informed and have the best experience while playing

Thats understandable! The best place to learn as much as you can about the different settings and what things mean is to look at the Wiki. Its a work in progress but theres still a lot of useful information on there :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php

Lag compensation + ping to dedicated server vs others with higher ping + modified Quake 3 Arena engine (id Tech 3) + Exo movements/jumping.

For CODAW this is the cocktail for disaster, Black Ops 2 got bad when too many things were going on in a MP game, but it happens way more constantly in CODAW.

If you need advice on how to take control, head glitch by staying behind boxes (MLG) and when shooting at someone move into cover behind buildings etc...

Beastmode run and gun can't work in CODAW, fair gunfights won't work and is no different than running down the middle of a map in any other COD with a knife vs quickscopers (you'll die fast).

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Tradie77,

If you get booted out a game you'll see a padlock appear that tells you where you were supposed to connect to. So its essentially a way of identifying why you're getting booted if your filter is too limited, you can expand the filter to allow the padlock to stop you getting booted.

Archived