Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

Hello,

My new Netduma router was delivered yesterday, it's still in its box as I won't get chance to play with it until Friday. What firmware version will it have been shipped with? I'd like to upgrade to newest version before using it, It would be good to know before Friday if I'll need to wait for remote support to do their stuff before I can upgrade.

• Administrators

I am running 1.03.4, and would like to upgrade. Remote access is ticked. Thank you.

Will let you know when you're able to upgrade

I haven't received a response on my update. How long does it take? I have 1.03.3 still. My support is ticked. Thanks

I said above you are able to upgrade now (you have to do it manually - we just make sure you won't brick the router when you upgrade. Please do not reboot before upgrading)

Hello,

My new Netduma router was delivered yesterday, it's still in its box as I won't get chance to play with it until Friday. What firmware version will it have been shipped with? I'd like to upgrade to newest version before using it, It would be good to know before Friday if I'll need to wait for remote support to do their stuff before I can upgrade.

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any issues and we'll be able to help. We're sure you'll love it :) It depends when you ordered it. All orders that were sent from Monday onwards will be on the newest version.

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any issues and we'll be able to help. We're sure you'll love it :) It depends when you ordered it. All orders that were sent from Monday onwards will be on the newest version.

Ordered Sunday, dispatched Monday, Delivered Tuesday (great service) does that mean it will be on v 1.03.6 already?

Ordered Sunday, dispatched Monday, Delivered Tuesday (great service) does that mean it will be on v 1.03.6 already?

Even if it has the previous version, its easy to download the newest one.

Any problems just post a new topic, guys here are fantastic. Just done mine today, easy.

Baz.

I think the "new" routers are being shipped with it, but as you ordered Sunday, and the new release just went live, you are going to be in that extreme last minute grey area.

However, when you get it, come on back and hit up the Chat or the Shoutbox and we can assist in basic set up and then direct you accordingly if you have issues.

Yeah the duma boys make it pretty easy to update,provided you stay on top of the FW upgrades.

Which brings me to my next point...how can some people be 2 updates behind ? Check your router or the forum for the most current FW version and stay up to date.You wouldn't "not "update your cell phone or computer at home so why treat your router any different.

If your current it makes things so much easier for everyone... :D

Hey fellow network techies. I would assume this would be ok but just want to make sure. I'm on 1.03.4 currently. Can I just do a simple 2-hop upgrade from 1.03.4 to 1.03.5, then to 1.03.6 by following the following article for 1.03.5 and then this article for 1.03.6 shown at the bottom?  Thanks for all that you do and thanks to all the great participants of this community!

hop #1 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

hop #2 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

Hey fellow network techies. I would assume this would be ok but just want to make sure. I'm on 1.03.4 currently. Can I just do a simple 2-hop upgrade from 1.03.4 to 1.03.5, then to 1.03.6 by following the following article for 1.03.5 and then this article for 1.03.6 shown at the bottom?  Thanks for all that you do and thanks to all the great participants of this community!

hop #1 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

hop #2 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

I think there was a reason they didn't want to do this, but I don't know that the reason wasn't (difficult to understand directions) and would otherwise work :).

Might wait for one of the Admins or Fraser to reply directly before attempting.

I only have ver 1.03.3 -instructions said to Contact NetDuma before I upgrade. 

This is me- Contacting NetDuma

Please make sure remote access is ticked under Misc so Fraser can remote in and get you set up.  Please check back here for a post from FRASER saying it's okay to upgrade.

Why should Hyper Lane be disabled if we are downloading large patches? I have just installed a new harddrive on my PS4 and am wondering if it is detrimental to my network or my speed on my PS4. I just want the 100gb's of patches to download quick!

ranmanx, on 09 Feb 2016 - 1:12 PM, said:

snapback.png

I removed all port forwarding and turned off upnp.

Still not able to access your router. Remove R1 from DMZ. Then can you port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP to the R1 on your ISP hub please. 

I'm not sure what else to do Fraser, I dont have an ISP hub or DMZ, the duma is plugged straight into my cable modem. I have factory reset the duma and made sure remote support is ticked, nothing else is turned on. Please try again.

I think there was a reason they didn't want to do this, but I don't know that the reason wasn't (difficult to understand directions) and would otherwise work :).

Might wait for one of the Admins or Fraser to reply directly before attempting.

Right! Agreed. I will hold off and see what they say.  Thanks for the prompt response!

Sorry I guess I didn't refresh the page. I didn't see that. Thank you.

Will let you know when you're able to upgrade

I said above you are able to upgrade now (you have to do it manually - we just make sure you won't brick the router when you upgrade. Please do not reboot before upgrading)

I have firmware version 1.03.3 running on my NetDuma, and Yes, I check for updates -Weekly via the router.

I have "Allow Remote Access" checked (ticked) so you can come in and help me out.

Please notify me when you've finished and what to do next, if I need to do anything more than download the upgrade file and follow instructions.

Thank you very much.

Tony

post-7016-0-58777200-1455135918_thumb.jpg

Why should Hyper Lane be disabled if we are downloading large patches? I have just installed a new harddrive on my PS4 and am wondering if it is detrimental to my network or my speed on my PS4. I just want the 100gb's of patches to download quick!

I think the only issue is that it can cause issues with other users on the network if you're taking up a lot of bandwidth on a hyper lane device since all that will be getting priority and negatively affecting others. I think that's the only issue. I believe if no one else is doing anything significant you can just leave it on for the download.

I have an issue when i untick the strict mode, i am either kicked off the xbox live or the laptop. The router has to be restart to connect back on xbox live. Why is that? I notice it has being happen from 1.03.5 and still happen on the latest firmware. 

I have an issue when i untick the strict mode, i am either kicked off the xbox live or the laptop. The router has to be restart to connect back on xbox live. Why is that? I notice it has being happen from 1.03.5 and still happen on the latest firmware. 

Mark - I am not sure I understand the issue.  Everything works fine, UNLESS you untick strict mode and then you get kicked off XBox Live?  So when strict mode is ticked, you can game without issue?