Halo 5 Geo-filter is working, it's amazing!

Netduma Fraser

So what is the script with Halo 5 and the netduma's compatibility with it now?

With region lock being taken away last week I'm constantly connecting to US servers and the connection is HORRIBLE.

Is the geo-filter working properly? I tried it yesterday and it just disconnects me from my fireteam once we find a game (because its obviously connecting to a US server). DO i need to update my firmware or anything?

It worked so well with Halo MCC, it's such a gutter that it doesnt seem to work with H5.

EDIT: So I've loaded the halo 5 profile and selected the halo 5 service. However, when we (my fireteam) connects to a game thats outside of EU im getting booted. Any suggestions?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what is supposed to happen Alan. My understanding is that due to the way Halo5 has been programmed, the Netduma will kick you out of the pre-game lobby and the rest of your fireteam will need to quit via dashboard in order to leave the game.

What is it that you expect or would like to happen?

FYI. I don't have a Netduma yet but seriously considering buying one now for the same reasons as yourself. Halo5 is unplayable for me in its current state now that region lock has been removed.

@ Fraser - is the Netduma fully compatible with Mac in terms of being able to see what servers the game is trying to connect to? Presumably the interface is browser based so if I have Safari open would I be able to see the connections and then inform my fireteam to quit if I can see the game connecting to US server?

That's what happened before they said that the geo-filter now works with halo 5 so I cant imagine that's what is supposed to happen.

What happened with Halo MCC is that you wouldn't connect to any server or host outside of your geo-filter range. Yes the matchmaking times increased but it was so worth it! I know halo 5 operates differently and obviously uses dedicated servers but I was still hoping the geo-filter could work.

I hope their breakthrough with this wasn't just in fact that 343 region locked the game and now that they have removed region lock it shows that the netduma doesn't function properly with it.

Getting kicked out constantly is just not a viable option. 

Check the response from Od1n on page 3 of this thread...

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8740-halo-5-compatablility-cloud-update-now-live/page-3

Unless the Netduma guys have changed how it works then you will be kicked out of the game because that is the only way that the geofilter can work with the way Halo5 has been programmed. Basically when you are kicked, it is the Netduma preventing you from playing on a server outside of your range (ie preventing you from playing on a US server if you are from UK/EU).

Fraser would have to respond to confirm this is correct, but I'm assuming the issue is how Halo5 matchmaking works not with the Netduma.

Yeah it did that before they had a 'breakthrough' though. It's not really an option to get consistently booted 30 times out of a lobby before finding an EU server.

A response from Fraser or anyone would be appreciated.

Don't know what happening, but it seems that region lock returned. I' m playing now and all my matches are on the same server, that i ping 40 ms from italy. It is located on east us coast, but it will be a eu mislocated server on netduma, beacause i'm pinging it 40 ms.

Archived