[Solved] i have a small problem!

Hi peeps, i have been having a go with the bufferbloat settings and stuff using dsl reports and it seems that when i drop down my congestion control it is also restricting my upload speed. For instance at 70% on both sliders i get 18.44mb down and 4.11mb up but when i put the download slider down to 10% and leave the upload at 70% my download reduced to 3.4mb but upload reduced to 1.34mb.

I had share excess ticked, had everything reset and at 10 on the prio flower, and was on pre emptive.

My bandwidth is set at 37mb down and 7mb up.

okay may be a false alarm lol! i just tried the same test and settings through thinkbroadband and ookla speetest.net and i believe they gave me the correct results. Just a shame they can't show the bufferbloat as its happening :(   

One thing i did notice though was that i seem to get more Ms of bufferbloat if doing the test through chrome as opposed to running it through firefox!  how strange!

One thing i did notice though was that i seem to get more Ms of bufferbloat if doing the test through chrome as opposed to running it through firefox!  how strange!

That is because Mozzila are not watching your every move which creates more packets ;)

Archived