[Help] How to mix PC Audio /w XBL audio?

trenth

I want to be able to talk on XBL and be able to play sounds as well. Music, soundboard, etc. I've seen a video on using a Y Splitter and that would work except I want to use my Astro A40 Mixamp and not connect my A40 headset to the Y-Splitter.

I think I need something that has dual microphone 3.5mm to a single 3.5mm outlet. That way I can run the cable from my PC plug it into the adapter, and plug my microphone in the adapter. And then the adapter plugs directly into the controller.

Does anyone who is audio advanced have an idea on how to do this?

Yes Zennon, but to my understanding the MP3 port does not transfer over the microphone as well. I'm looking for a solution to where I can use my mixamp+a40 microphone & play soundboards over the mic while talking through the A40 mic and being able to hear people while using the Mixamp. I'm sure there is an adapter just don't know which one to get.

That sorta worked. I followed his tutorial and the audio from my phone is being broadcasted. But when I talk it is not. (Using the same cables as him). It's like the headphone part (green connector) doesn't want audio transmitted over it.

If I have a Y Splitter, plugged into a Y Splitter. That wouldn't work i'd still only have 1 usable audio in signal and one usable audio out signal. Assuming you're talking about this.

http://pokit.org/get/?1920300e6d65dc28cb14df9b6c42862f.jpg

P = Pink (microphone)

G = Green (headphone)

A Y-Splitter takes a incoming and outcoming cable and combines it into one port. So a headset with a microphone cord and a headphone cord. It'll combine that into one cord. What I need is just a standard splitter, one that does NOT split the signals.

You need one each of these (doesn't need to be these brands, of course)

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454439487&sr=8-1&keywords=4-pole+splitter 

http://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Female-Stereo-Splitter-IP-Y02/dp/B00IKMSMWI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454439487&sr=8-2&keywords=4-pole+splitter

Then hook it up like this:

Plug the 4-pole to headphone/mic into the controller and then a headphone splitter into the mic side.

Then plug the headphone/mic back to 4-pole into the headphone and one spot of hte splitter.

Then plug the patch cable from your audio source into the other port on the splitter.

Your Mixamp chat cable then plugs into the female end of the mic/headphone to 4-pole

Alternatively you could plug the male 4-pole into the headset port on the mixamp and the headset into the female 4-pole.

I've used a similar setup for getting game chat out of xbox into a mixer. I put the splitter on the headphone out though.

Archived