Q&A General Problems And Solutions

HZpvuwi.png

Q: Game lags worse when using the netduma?

A: It could be a misconfiguration problem or sheer coincidence
Make sure you have allocated enough bandwidth to your desired device, ensuring the best possible connection.
If you're only playing your game, close unnecessary bandwidth consuming applications, youtube etc.

You can find extremely detailed posts about this topic here

Zennons first rule of gaming & Fine tuning your netduma

HZpvuwi.png

Q: My download speeds are slow with the netduma

A: Make sure you fine tune your netduma before using.

Click here to learn more...

Depending on your connection speeds , results will vary. If that doesn't help follow this guide.

Click here for speed guide
At the current stage , there's a known issue with users that have faster internet.
Firmware 1.03.6 should resolve this issue.

HZpvuwi.png

Q: My settings keep disappearing from my netduma?

A: In the miscellaneous settings , make sure you have cookies enabled / checked,

You can do so by visiting the link below

Click Here or Click Here

HZpvuwi.png

Q: I keep connecting to players outside of my geo-filter!

A: This can happen if you don't have bleeding edge cloud & auto cloud enabled.

To enable , visit the miscellaneous settings page and scroll toward the bottom.

Click Here or Click Here

Also ensure you have strict mode ticked and ping assist at 0.

If you have both settings enabled , you can report an incorrect server location in this thread

Click here to report a wrong location

Make sure to include the server ID and correct location.

HZpvuwi.png

Q: My WiFi keeps randomly disconnecting?

A: Try disabling WiFi workaround from the links below

Click Here or Click Here

If it's already disabled, check your other devices and see if they experience the same issues.

If more than one of your devices are experiencing dropouts, it's most likely netduma related.
Make sure you're on the latest firmware, being on stock firmware can cause a lot of issues.

HZpvuwi.png

Q: I changed a bunch of settings , now nothing works!

A: You can reset your netduma back to its default settings by visiting this link and clicking "Factory Reset"

Click Here or Click Here

Factory resetting is more of a last resort option and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

HZpvuwi.png

Q: I'm not able to factory reset, it doesn't work!

A: Again this is a last resort option.
This can have side effects , such as losing all settings , disabling WiFi etc.

Download the latest firmware , visit the upgrade page and uncheck 'Keep Settings'.
After you upload the firmware , wait for the netduma to finish upgrading.
Then proceed to the miscellaneous settings page and attempt to factory reset.

Only do this if you have an Ethernet cable handy!!!.

HZpvuwi.png

Q:I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live / PSN !
A: This can be the result of leaving strict mode on.
Strict mode should only ever be enabled when searching for a game.
When you find a game , make sure you un-tick strict mode until you search for another game.
If strict mode is disabled already , you can check the status of XBL / PSN Below

Xbox Live Status & PSN Status

HZpvuwi.png

Q: My VPN keeps attempting to reconnect with the wrong credentials!
A: This is a known issue , and as far as I'm aware , the only current solution is to factory reset.
I will be updating this solution once a fix is released
:)

HZpvuwi.png

Q: I'm not getting fibre speeds / fast speeds, it's slow!
A: This is usually caused by misconfiguration.
Ensure you've read the following wiki page and configured each setting per your internet speeds.

Click here to view the wiki guide!

Hi there, I use the Netduma for playing Black Ops 3 pn PC. 2 Questions:

I forwarding all necessary Ports for BLOPS 3, should I disable UPnP and for Gaming, should I enable or disable Deep Packet Processing.

For pure downloading and max Speed I disable Deep Packet, but thought its good for gaming?

Thank you

Hi there, I use the Netduma for playing Black Ops 3 pn PC. 2 Questions:

I forwarding all necessary Ports for BLOPS 3, should I disable UPnP and for Gaming, should I enable or disable Deep Packet Processing.

For pure downloading and max Speed I disable Deep Packet, but thought its good for gaming?

Thank you

You only need to forward the ports , do don't need both upnp and ports forwarded.

UPNP takes care of portfowarding for you , so you can disable UPNP for now.

Secondly , with deep packet processing , I tend to find that I get much better results with it turned on.

It's just personal preference , you should try disabling / enabling and see if you notice any improvements :)

Just my opinion but shouldn't we keep this just as a sticky and not allow questions on it as this is where people will start posting questions and it will be 50 pages deep and people will miss the point of the sticky and the questions on it.

I like the sticky and believe we should add things as they come up but it shouldn't become a "support thread" we already have one of those.This should be for reading,not a Q and A thread...more like just an answer thread.

Just my opinion but shouldn't we keep this just as a sticky and not allow questions on it as this is where people will start posting questions and it will be 50 pages deep and people will miss the point of the sticky and the questions on it.

I like the sticky and believe we should add things as they come up but it shouldn't become a "support thread" we already have one of those.This should be for reading,not a Q and A thread...more like just an answer thread.

I actually agree , I would have 'reserved' more post spots for future problems / fixes but didn't want to make it seem like I was spamming 'reserved' for post count :L

Is there a way In future or now you can save only your white-list and host's tagged at 100% allow to be saved if 'ticked as an option when doing a simple factory reset?

Having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean , but I assume you want your '100%' hosts saved when you reset your duma?

Anyways I believe this feature may be available when the next update comes out which allows for game profiles, can't guarantee anything though :)

• Administrators

I actually agree , I would have 'reserved' more post spots for future problems / fixes but didn't want to make it seem like I was spamming 'reserved' for post count :L

I'll close this thread on that basis, let me know if you want it reopened.