Major NETDUMA Upgrade (Preview) - Coming February 2016

Netduma Fraser

• Implemented hyper traffic lane

with that is the gaming traffic still getting the priority over other non-gaming traffic? so for like a PC playing a game and listening to a music streaming service or using the web in some other form does the gaming traffic still have higher priority over that kind of traffic?

sounds great but if it requires dropping a nice thing about the software like prioritizing game traffic just to provide it I'm not sure it's helping in some situations

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

with that is the gaming traffic still getting the priority over other non-gaming traffic? so for like a PC playing a game and listening to a music streaming service or using the web in some other form does the gaming traffic still have higher priority over that kind of traffic?

sounds great but if it requires dropping a nice thing about the software like prioritizing game traffic just to provide it I'm not sure it's helping in some situations

Yes if you put your PC in Hyper lane for playing a game then yes it would go out first and bypass everything else so you should have very little spikes/jitter. Only if you put it in hyper lane though

it'd be REAL nice if the release of this FW was on or before BO3 map pack release 2.2.16

True, but I am betting it would be even BETTER if it worked as intended and didn't take any time away from playing the new maps.   :P  :ph34r:

Anything that strips out a few more MS makes me happy, Hyper baby!

Curious is there any rough estimates on how effective hyper is/can be? Are we talking 1-2 Ms difference or are we talking about 2-10ms difference etc obviously if you're bottlenecking it would make all the difference but we should also see a difference even during light traffic no? and by see I don't mean notice but exist.

Curious is there any rough estimates on how effective hyper is/can be? Are we talking 1-2 Ms difference or are we talking about 2-10ms difference etc obviously if you're bottlenecking it would make all the difference but we should also see a difference even during light traffic no? and by see I don't mean notice but exist.

Because it bypasses all traffic , the results would vary but I'd imagine they could be quite dramatic

Are you a canary?  Are you saying it doesn't work as intended currently in the test version that's out?

I am a canary.  I am testing.  We have had some minor issues right out of the gate that were addressed, hence the move from version .6C to .6D, which is being tested now.

I have personally seen a difference in registered ping as I tend to camp dedicated servers outside of Seattle (a known dedi black hole).  On Friday night I was pinging in game under 50ms to the Kansas dedi, which was a marked improvement over my normal in game ping.  Whether this was a fluke is still being tested as I was unable to achieve those speeds Sat or Sun during the Double XP chaos.

• Administrators

Does HT work both ways?

Not sure what you mean exactly. It bypasses all of the traffic in your home so it goes out first above everything else

So are we going to be able to block high ping players from the ping graph? Or is that on another future update?

I don't believe it will be in this one but I will ask about it as I know it's a highly demanded feature

Not sure what you mean exactly. It bypasses all of the traffic in your home so it goes out first above everything else

Net-1 is meaning is it for outgoing packets as well as incoming packets in the Netduma.

Archived