Playing with friends

Teh1

Well I really don't know how but I didn't think I would have to because he lives within my Geo filter. I was thinking more since he was party leader and when he searched games that he was finding host outside my filter was the problem

Guest Netduma Fraser

f I'm playing with a friend COD advance and he is party leader do I disable Geo filter. It would not let me in a match with him as party leader.

Well I really don't know how but I didn't think I would have to because he lives within my Geo filter. I was thinking more since he was party leader and when he searched games that he was finding host outside my filter was the problem

Okay, first thing I would suggest you do is join his lobby so its just you and him. He'll show up as a host on your Geo-filter, click that and then apply a high quality rating, 100 for example and name it his gamertag or something. He will now be in your allow list. Have you tried being the party leader and having the Geo-filter on?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yeah it won't find a game if I'm party leader. It wouldn't find one when he was party leader till I disabled Geo filter.

Can you take a screenshot of your Geo-filter page including the devices and allow & deny whilst you're trying to get a game when you're party leader please.

Yeah when I get home from work. Also when I was setting up the router last night its behind my ISP router and said I needed to do something with that router something to do with dmz. I don't know what it meant but I didn't know the password to access the router is this going to be a problem?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok thats a good sign, I assume you're playing cod AW. If keep geofilter disabled and check in game as well and hopefully its open. If so then you're setup correctly and can just keep your geofilter on all the time.

Okay, first thing I would suggest you do is join his lobby so its just you and him. He'll show up as a host on your Geo-filter, click that and then apply a high quality rating, 100 for example and name it his gamertag or something. He will now be in your allow list. Have you tried being the party leader and having the Geo-filter on?

Best advice given on bring friend(s) in.

Archived