My 2 cents (suggestions)

willthetech

Please do not take this a complaint or some kind of trolling…but is just a suggestion as a paying customer. You guys need to come up with a development diary (as suggested by 0D1N also) and a release schedule. I know a lot of people will reply with the “you cannot guaranteed anything in this kind of environment/project/product, a lot of things can happen, is up to the beta testers…and so on. But I have to disagree, this is not a backyard/garage/bored kid project anymore. You have customers that purchased this product and future buying customers. Is time for you guys to have a development section in your page or forum and keep us updated of the progress, a possible release date, known bugs or issues and when will they be fixed and what the future plans are. I like your product and so far is working 80% as advertised, but I expect more. Again not a rant but a suggestion from a so far satisfied customer.

Thanks 

They can't just 'fix' bugs on specific dates, making false promises and release dates for patches leads to angry customers.

YES , they should add a 'up-coming feature' list, or patch list, but they wont be able to put specific release dates.

If I asked you to pour 10000 cups of water , do you think you could tell me the specific time that you would be finished?

• Netduma Staff

First of all there is a development diary thread that Iain occasionally posts in. There is also the ticket system that has known bugs and future features. This seams to by something you might have meant when you were referring to bugs.

Also, a timeline of 'predicted' deadlines has tried and failed. There was loads of complaining and so much arguing. It wasn't good for the community and in my opinion it would silly to give out deadlines in the future as to avoid that happening again.

Not many other companies take customer feedback on board so much. The link above contains pages full of ideas from others that will be added to the router and I think its better the jobs done right than rushed because they gave a deadline.

If you want some updates of the development of the router, look at '@Netduma_Iain' on Twitter and he sometimes posts updates of new stuff :)

Anyone who has ever tried to code anything will tell you its impossible to know when it will be complete and **bug free**

Add to that the firmware is coded by 1 guy so you can't throw manpower at the project either.

My philosophy is sit back and enjoy the gaming now and when the new stuff comes out happy days

Agree with Crossy and Akic we tried they whole ETA on updates and that was a complete disaster as no one can predict the future and what problems you might run into in said time frame.When you find bugs you have to replicate them and them fix them and then test them...and that takes time.

And like I said earlier now one know what lays ahead for future updates,bugs,no bugs.You can't put a timeline on everything IMO,certain things yes but not everything.Iain does a great job of letting everyone what he's working on,he just doesn't give a release date,which is smart after the last update.

Like Akic said sit back and enjoy the duma and look forward to the things that are coming in the future.

• Administrators

Hey Will, I will just reiterate what everyone has said here as they have covered everything you asked. To add though, we made the decision to give out free upgrades to the firmware that always include new features that the community has requested - this is not something every company does. 

With one developer maintaining a release schedule is not something we can feasibly do as delays could happen for a number of reasons. We tried giving out an estimate of the last upgrade which didn't work at all because as expected there were delays so we are now firmly on a when its ready basis. 

We could do a more robust post about what to expect but again because we're a community here that leads to an open discussion ultimately disappointment will ensue when it's not released in a time frame they deem suitable. 

Hope thats understandable

Archived