Ping

tradie77

hi guys, I keep getting a message on my host filtering page "something went wrong when trying to ping" does anyone know what it means and how do I fix it?

Reboot the router first.. If not try a different browser, Chrome is good.

hi guys, I keep getting a message on my host filtering page "something went wrong when trying to ping" does anyone know what it means and how do I fix it?

Reboot the router first.. If not try a different browser, Chrome is good.

As Mod Box said, reboot, Chrome is good, as is Mozilla Firefox works well with either

What game are you playing ? I get this to when it tries to ping stuff it shouldn't and sometimes it's just glitched up when i refresh the page it seems to come back to me.

What firmware version are you on ?

- Tom   

Try upgrading to the latest firmware, go here and follow the instructions carefully.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

I only occasionally get that message and usually when I have not been playing and left things open in browser overnight.

Used to get it a lot on previous software versions.

I've noticed this happens when I leave the GF on after a game.After I leave the lobby to do something else get something to eat,laundry,Mrs Fuzzy etc. but I know i'm gonna be gaming again soon so I leave the console,laptop and monitor on and if I didn't X off off the last ping graph of the last host I come back to that message on the screen.

Thanks Crossyy, I unticked all the boxes on the vpn page and click apply is comes up with " fail to connect ", also if I run a ping test all the boxes I unticked come back with a tick is that normal? I've updated the software to the latest version too, Just to let you know  I reset the modem like I am mod box suggested and haven't had the ping error message since :)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Crossyy, I unticked all the boxes on the vpn page and click apply is comes up with " fail to connect ", also if I run a ping test all the boxes I unticked come back with a tick is that normal? I've updated the software to the latest version too, Just to let you know  I reset the modem like I am mod box suggested and haven't had the ping error message since :)

Were the boxes previously ticked? If you unchecked them and now the ping is working then that is probably why it is working. You need to untick the box above the apply button so that it isn't enabled :)

Archived