Astro A40 mic problem?

procreate

I never even knew you could update the Astro's,is it easy to do?my Astro a40s are around 3 years old maybe older

I just did a quick check and it looks like they have downloads available for the A50's and the MixAmp.

https://www.astrogaming.com/firmware/firmware.html

I have the A40's and love them, I did a update a while back, but my mic wasn't even working last night, not like many people use mics in pubs anyway :( I have a few people on my friends list that play BO3 but are never on when I'm on, so I get stuck pulling the team against "clan bullies" that smash new comers to the game.

Mine are the a40s mate but mine are old,I've just checked and they are the 2011s but tbh never let me down once,thinking of upgrading soon though

Yeah, I read that, I was posting all that I found.  I had hoped perhaps the patch for the MixAmp would help you?

I have the a50's and they have been great until this weekend.  I changed back over to XB1 and the sound is very low.  Need to look into that tonight, but they have been a solid pair for a couple of years now.

I am using the Mixamp Pro TR.  My mic sounded distorted too.  I found that by changing the mic noise gate to "streaming" improved the quality.  I don't know if you have that setting with your particular Astro.

Yeah, I read that, I was posting all that I found. I had hoped perhaps the patch for the MixAmp would help you?

I have the a50's and they have been great until this weekend. I changed back over to XB1 and the sound is very low. Need to look into that tonight, but they have been a solid pair for a couple of years now.

1) Set the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset to full voice audio. To do this, hold down the voice button on the A50 Wireless Headset until you hear two beeps. Two beeps is an indication that you have fully mixed towards either game or voice depending on what button you was holding.

2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you can no longer hear game audio and can only hear voice audio.

3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

That’s all that’s to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A50 Wireless Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions regarding the A50 Wireless Headset and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we’ll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

1) Set the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset to full voice audio. To do this, hold down the voice button on the A50 Wireless Headset until you hear two beeps. Two beeps is an indication that you have fully mixed towards either game or voice depending on what button you was holding.

2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you can no longer hear game audio and can only hear voice audio.

3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

That’s all that’s to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A50 Wireless Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions regarding the A50 Wireless Headset and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we’ll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

From this page.

http://daviddocrogers.com/2014/03/02/how-to-configure-astro-headsets-with-xbox-one/

this is A40, not A50... wonder how i can see what firmware is on there, i have a hard time thinking it isnt the current one from over 2 years ago.

I don't know if you can but it can't hurt to try it regardless. I'd check the desktop version of their forums and knowledge base. There's a lot of info.

They warrantied my Mixamp even past the warranty date a couple years ago so I can't complain.

http://support.astrogaming.com/article_details/Xbox-Static-and-or-Crackle-Issues

hmmm, went through their forums. apparently this is a widespread problem they wont own up to. seems to be isolated to the mixamp with chat. this really sucks i havent heard of this issue before buying them. i expected more from that company...

hmmm, went through their forums. apparently this is a widespread problem they wont own up to. seems to be isolated to the mixamp with chat. this really sucks i havent heard of this issue before buying them. i expected more from that company...

This has been an issue with them for quite some time and why I went with a different amp.

Archived