Testing Internet Connection on PS4 message i am receiving

tjl118

hello again,

So when i test my internet connection on the PS4 there is a message at the bottom and it reads:

"The router in use might not support IP packet fragmentation, and some network features of the PS4 might be restricted, contact the router manufacture."

What does this mean? I understand what packet fragmentation means but why am i getting this message. could this be a potential issue with using the Duma on the PS4. Also, does anyone else get this message?

Thanks!!!

P.S. - is there a link that walks you through how to set up the duma with an additional router involved (says a nighthawk or something)? if someone could just throw that link in this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

• Netduma Staff

Hey,

Other people have also had that message and thought it was a bug. Are all your MTU settings set to automatic? Do you use PPoE?

I'm not sure there is a guide for settings up another router but all you need to do it connect it to the Netduma and put it in AP mode.

That happened to me only when I changed the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. But deleting it from the PS4 settings and leaving it on Auto it goes away.

My PS4 internet connection was set to "Easy" when setting it up and i got the error. however, when i did it again it went away so maybe just a bug then. 

For setting up a modem -> netgear AC1750 -> netduma. Im using PPPoe. i have to set the stock ISP modem/router to bridge mode then i have to create a static IP on the netgear (which is the netduma IP correct?) then set the netgear into bridge mode and then run everything through the duma.

Is this process correct? am i missing anything or am i totally off?

It seemed to be a common thing about 3 weeks or so ago and for no reason really.I didn't change anything on my console and I got the message.And then it went away all by itself.

If you didn't change anything it will go back to normal on it's own,just a matter of when.

Archived