Black ops 3 a bad game

daz

By the way I totally agree with the head-glitching comments. This game has way too many head-glitch spots and its really annoying. 

Also agree on hit-detection been pretty bad. To be honest I had better games with AW by far.

Plus i have stability issues on the ps4, like sound through headset goes wrong, random error codes. To be honest I thought tryearch would do a better job than what they did.

But the challenges are fun in general. For me it's still too early to say if the game is good or not.. but I'm not impressed so far.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driftor actually did a video on this and explains why ghost and mw2 have such good hit detection.  The lowest amount of baseline lag in cod games goes...

1)MW2

2)Ghost

3)BO3

4)AW

5)BO2

So it's not just a placebo based on fast ttk, MW2 and Ghost just had great hit detection.

What is ironic is you will see tons of YT videos showcasing the exact opposite :P

I know online gaming is always going to have WTF? moments, but Ghosts had a lot more of them than people want to admit, for some reason? Also, the knifing was out of hand since it was "Commando" (more or less) and there was no counter for it. Ghosts is also a lot slower than most CoDs... I mean, probably the slowest ever... Given the short TTK which makes it appeal to players who want a more tactical experience vs. rush and gun.

yes the time to kill was fast in ghosts but thats cause it worked 

lets look at some actuall maths of the game but im not gona compare all the guns but the stats are out there if you wanna look yourself

these 2 guns are basically the same gun but in b03 it will kill in 3-4 shots depending on range but the ghosts gun is 4 shots all ranges(headshots do make a difference tho in ghosts) also the time to kill is theoretically faster in black ops 3 but in reality its not and the reason for this is the bad hit detection in bo3.

in ghosts i could run around the map with 10 bullets or less and be confident that i could kill anyone i come head to head with but in bo3 im reloading after every kill..

people moaned about hit detection for years they finaly got what they wanted in ghosts then didnt like it

personally loved ghosts hit detection and wouldnt care  if some one made a game with guns that have massive recoil and players had high health aslong as the hit detection worked cause im happy to not kill someone cause i missed or cause i didnt hit them enough before they got to cover but hate to empty my gun in someones face only to have them smile at me.

also in my opinion the people that hated ghosts are the people that did well in previous cods casue their connections gave them an advantage but they lacked actuall skill - see the youtuber teibjz who doesnt seemed to have liked any cod since mw2 lol

kn44 ttk = 0.192 - 0.288 damage = 40 30 29 rpm =625

ak12 ttk =0.2137 - 0.3122 damage = 30 25 rpm 609

yes the time to kill was fast in ghosts but thats cause it worked 

lets look at some actuall maths of the game but im not gona compare all the guns but the stats are out there if you wanna look yourself

these 2 guns are basically the same gun but in b03 it will kill in 3-4 shots depending on range but the ghosts gun is 4 shots all ranges(headshots do make a difference tho in ghosts) also the time to kill is theoretically faster in black ops 3 but in reality its not and the reason for this is the bad hit detection in bo3.

in ghosts i could run around the map with 10 bullets or less and be confident that i could kill anyone i come head to head with but in bo3 im reloading after every kill..

people moaned about hit detection for years they finaly got what they wanted in ghosts then didnt like it

personally loved ghosts hit detection and wouldnt care  if some one made a game with guns that have massive recoil and players had high health aslong as the hit detection worked cause im happy to not kill someone cause i missed or cause i didnt hit them enough before they got to cover but hate to empty my gun in someones face only to have them smile at me.

also in my opinion the people that hated ghosts are the people that did well in previous cods casue their connections gave them an advantage but they lacked actuall skill - see the youtuber teibjz who doesnt seemed to have liked any cod since mw2 lol

kn44 ttk = 0.192 - 0.288 damage = 40 30 29 rpm =625

ak12 ttk =0.2137 - 0.3122 damage = 30 25 rpm 609

Also you know you've got a real bad call of duty (ghosts) when the previous title (bo2) over takes it in terms of overall players (in ghosts prime), because then it's the silent majority saying "this game sucks" and not the general cry babies, you see every year on forums. when i last played ghosts it had 25k players at peak times (360 +xb1), while bo2 still maintained a solid 100k players. so saying "people didn't like ghosts because they sucked" is false. 

There were certain things I liked about Ghosts, just like there are certain things I like about BO3.

Unfortunately, when taken as a whole game, both suffer from pretty big (IMO) flaws/errors/imbalances and while that is purely subjective, as others have said, if you aren't having fun, play something else.

Ghosts biggest problem was the design was at odds with itself.

It had a high TTK, so this meant camping, but the maps were larger and more realistic (which I liked) which meant too many entry / exit routes which forced players NOT to camp in order to cover every possible angle. Rewarding camping, but forcing Run & Gun are two polar opposites and is what I feel is the main underlying reason people didn't like Ghosts on a meta level?

There were certain things I liked about Ghosts, just like there are certain things I like about BO3.

Unfortunately, when taken as a whole game, both suffer from pretty big (IMO) flaws/errors/imbalances and while that is purely subjective, as others have said, if you aren't having fun, play something else.

Ghosts biggest problem was the design was at odds with itself.

It had a high TTK, so this meant camping, but the maps were larger and more realistic (which I liked) which meant too many entry / exit routes which forced players NOT to camp in order to cover every possible angle. Rewarding camping, but forcing Run & Gun are two polar opposites and is what I feel is the main underlying reason people didn't like Ghosts on a meta level?

and yet i can be the highest kd  top player for both teams and totally dominate on the biggest maps in the game using a shot gun and running and gunning, its all about sticking close to walls and always having an option for retreat or cover untill you can get close enough to kill them as opposed to running out in the middle of no mans land like some nut then running into a room full of the enemy spinning around in a circle hip firing your gun and hope the enemy dies and if they do scream your a god but if they dont ah this games shit im off to play mw2 with unlimited noobtubes and danger close lol

altho i will admit on ghosts there would always be the odd prick waiting behind a door for me but the sames happening in bo3 too but sixth sense has come in very handy a few times ;)

im enjoying bo3 and enjoy ghosts but my point is that ghosts is like ronseal and does what it says on the tin lol

What is ironic is you will see tons of YT videos showcasing the exact opposite :P

I know online gaming is always going to have WTF? moments, but Ghosts had a lot more of them than people want to admit, for some reason? Also, the knifing was out of hand since it was "Commando" (more or less) and there was no counter for it. Ghosts is also a lot slower than most CoDs... I mean, probably the slowest ever... Given the short TTK which makes it appeal to players who want a more tactical experience vs. rush and gun.

^^^ This!

I'd take bo3 over the last 2 cods, any day of the week. 

I'd definitely take bo3 over AW any day of the week as well but the only reason I'd take bo3 over ghosts is simply because the maps and overall balance is extremely questionable in ghosts. Ghosts essentially proves that even if the hit detection is good in the game, people still will not play it if the other features in the game are lacking.

there were 3 problems with ghosts. 1] killstreaks were fairly weak so aside from trinity/hind/helopilot, it was rather boring unless you wanted to maniac around the map... but that usually ends in a death unlike other streaks you can keep your flawless game and not have to stay "in streak". 2] IEDs... this was and is the ruin of Ghosts, then again the BO2 shockcharge/betty was just as annoying... actually the betty was plain annoying, but it couldnt be stuck on walls and ceilings hidden easily. 3] the dog streak, encouraged campers along with the IED and far too easy to earn, when i would run dogs i would have so many i couldnt call them in enough, would almost always have one with me after game started.

ghosts wasnt slow... some people played slow but lightweight and marathon with a shotgun and game is fast as hell. if its slow its you... not the game. in fact, its much faster than any CoD before it. i feel like i am in swampwater on BO2, which i actually played some HC on it last night to amuse my friend who likes BO2. still really bad game, maps are real stinkers of maps and its just not fun... ESPECIALLY in HC where you have to run an AR [trying to run around with a shotgun is an exercise in insanity]. oh and the horror of nuketown o.O fucking hate that map... and they STILL bring it back. retards.

i still prefer MW3 the most i think. Ghosts had best class setup and first time with no death streaks for IW... but MW3 from top to bottom on maps was the tits and the killstreaks are FUN. played the other night and dropped 3x pred/reaper/ac130 on the poor souls in the lobby. raining death.

i just REALLY cant take the cheese of BO3... and between AW and BO3, i am just not into that style of movement for CoD. its fake and stupid.

Archived