Congestion Control Help

Ok guys just got my router today and have pretty much got it set up and working great but i would like some help with the Congestion Control as i am a bit lost. I mainly want to use the Netduma for my PS4 but i have to connect my PC to it aswell as to be able to use the GUI. Want i want to do is give my PS4 43% of my 7mbps upload so i am around the 380kbps as recommended by Sim in his video as for download im not sure if that matters. So my question is as above if i use the sliders does than throttle all devices connected to my Netduma ?, if so how do i just throttle the upload to my PS4. Below is how my Anti-flood is and i have entered my correct speeds as shown by Speedtest.net.

34ca593646.jpg

• Netduma Staff

You will need to use the sliders at the bottom and give your PS4 43%. The sliders at the top will throttle for all of your devices. The sliders at the bottom will allocate bandwidth for specific devices. Please read this for more information.

You will need to use the sliders at the bottom and give your PS4 43%. The sliders at the top will throttle for all of your devices. The sliders at the bottom will allocate bandwidth for specific devices. Please read this for more information.

I understand the sliders will throttle all devices, but if i move bottom slider (PS4) to 43% is it throttling Upload . Download or both.

Device proritisation is only for upload :)

Thanx you for clearing that up, i now understand :). Just another quick question, on some host i cant send them to Allow or Deny the update button disappears is this a bug or am i missing something. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanx you for clearing that up, i now understand :). Just another quick question, on some host i cant send them to Allow or Deny the update button disappears is this a bug or am i missing something. 

Not a problem :) If it doesnt appear for some hosts but does for others then its not a bug and is actually behaving correctly. There are some hosts/servers that we don't allow you to allow or deny because blocking/allowing these hosts can ruin your game experience, hence why we take away the option to save it to allow or deny, hope that clears that up for you :)

Not a problem :) If it doesnt appear for some hosts but does for others then its not a bug and is actually behaving correctly. There are some hosts/servers that we don't allow you to allow or deny because blocking/allowing these hosts can ruin your game experience, hence why we take away the option to save it to allow or deny, hope that clears that up for you :)

Yes thats great, must say help on here is amazing :) btw i have set my PS4 to 43% but when i speed test on PS4 i still get the max upload, should i tick or untick share excess tab.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes thats great, must say help on here is amazing :) btw i have set my PS4 to 43% but when i speed test on PS4 i still get the max upload, should i tick or untick share excess tab.

Thank you, we strive for the best :) I would keep share excess on :)

@ RADDY1993 - Yes you will find the customer service around here second to none.These forums are filled with so many great minds both the duma team and forum members.And they all go above and beyond to help in any way they can.So if you ever have questions this is the place to ask.

Enjoy your new toy    :)

Archived